Beginners and Beyond

pics of my running buds (Read 148 times)

GC100k

Ran into these two guys.  2nd may be hard to see, he was scooting away before I grabbed my phone.

watersnake

ratsnake

onemile

I was hoping for puppies.

StepbyStep-SH

I was hoping for puppies.

+1.

Are those water moccasins? :shudder:

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

I believe you recently said this:

"I know very reasonable people run on roads, including some of my smartest and best friends, but I don't get it."

This is why people run on roads -- to stay away from the snakes. Smile

Dave

GC100k

I believe you recently said this:

"I know very reasonable people run on roads, including some of my smartest and best friends, but I don't get it."

This is why people run on roads -- to stay away from the snakes. Smile

That's one of the reasons I do run on trails - to run into snakes, and deer, and armadillos, and a hawk catching a mouse right in front of me. All of which happened on this one run.

LRB

Nice!  I have noticed the birds are chirping lately on my runs.  I didn't really miss them until they started singing again.

Luke79

This thread is slightly ironic in its timing.  The other day, I was running on a local trail and this dude FLIES by me and I was like "Oh Shit!" and then I started laughing in embarrassment.

He never acknowledged anything.

Then I come across this dude who is walking and looks kind of weirded out and he's like "hey man, be careful there's some water moccasin's up there blah blah blah (incoherent rambling that fades off) and I'm like "oh really?" just to be nice.

I just thought the sequence of events were a bit odd.

Then, just a couple minutes later the first guy flies by me again.  I have no idea how he suddenly got behind me again, but whatevs.  Twilight zone shit right there.

Anyway, I'm sorry for hijacking, but I thought the idea of that little anecdote was somewhat apropos.

Luke

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Cool! I never seem to see anything interesting on my daily runs.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

bluerun

Super B****

The only things I ever seem to come across are dead rats and squirrels... and occasionally a squashed bird.  This is more exciting.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Sloooow.

Eeeesh. I'm dreading stumbling across snakes when I'm out running. I came across a huge rat snake in the laundry room once, and have caught a cottonmouth with a rake in the back. They like to come out onto the road in the evening to soak up heat from the tarmac.

happylily

My brain is denying what my eyes just saw. Cute puppies, GC100k! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Pffffft.......for me it's always dogs.  Either behind a gate but scaring the shot outta me or unleashed by their owner who just swears they are never gonna bite......running after me.  I've yet to be bit but those are the "buds" i meet on my runs.

Randy

Dr. Cornsitter

My brain is denying what my eyes just saw. Cute puppies, GC100k! Big grin

+1.

You should have them on a leash though.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was also hoping for doggies.  If I see one of those, I would sprint like there is no tomorrow.

Damaris

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Am I the only one hoping it was going to be Kara and Shalane?

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!