Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES - Rise of the meniscus (Read 43 times)

Ric-G

lrb - good to see you back at it

jack - nice job on the 20

tom - love peanuts too

justb - have a good workout later

D - have fun tonite

jjs - joining you for some coffee

went to bed at 9??; was up by 5; out running by 6; ended up doing 10 which felt way too easy; have a great sunday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Did spin class today, 45 min very hard intervals.   As I wrote elsewhere, I did an 8-miler yesterday at an 8:14 pace while chatting with strangers.  Whee.  This week has been great: 1 mile hard interval swim and one hard interval bike for speedwork, two 5-mile runs and one 8-miler, and 2 hard full-body lifting sessions.  A nice balance to strike, and I'm proud of my self-discipline for not running on two consecutive days, but rather, crosstraining.

RunTomRun--I highly recommend swimming if you have pool access.  Since I just became an involuntary expert on crosstraining (dang femur) pls ask if you want any tips on what worked/didn't work.  Biking--does it work for you?  I also had fun alternating pushup sets and chinup sets until I basically collapsed.  Yay?

Jack Klompus... yeah, gonna go ahead and say getting up at 4:30 for ANY distance is not 100% enticing... but on the other hand, I used to get up that early for horse shows.  I'm glad you had a good run!

jjs, you don't lose fitness that fast.  It'll be back once you're in the groove again.

Docket--have fun kickboxing.

LRB, I really sympathize with you.  It's taken me until about... this week? to stop feeling paranoia about injury that basically ruins my runs.  And yeah, the wind WILL make your pace feel harder.  (The cold does, too, for me).  It sucks and it's hard to deal with, but ultimately, you will find your way to running pain-free.  Perhaps you still need more time off to let things heal, though.  Just a thought.  You've seen a PT?

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Baboon

delicate flower

You got that straight! I had to do it then because now we are off to watch both DDs run in a XC meet. I got the 20 done! 2:58:25 and a three minute negative split. The last two miles were tough and my legs are beat up. That taper had better be good!

Nice job, Klompupotamus!

10 miles on the treadmill for me.  7:22 avg pace.  The first 5 miles was a speed workout.  I wanted to do 8 but I was falling apart after five half mile speed intervals.  Not good.  So I stopped, regrouped, and did 5 more miles of progression.   The speed workout was decent enough I guess, but I'm annoyed that I had to cut it short.  I can't be too upset though with running 2.5 miles total right around 5:30 pace.

FOOTBALL TIME.

<3

Took today off since I ran 5 days last week. Over did it a bit yesterday going for 6 miles but ended up running 5 and walking 1.

Today it's 71* and we just had a tornado warning in effect. What crazy weather!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

outoftheblue

Got a second egg out of the chickens yesterday.  One more and it's omelet time.

Heading out for 12 or 13 miles.  Finally it's time to break out the capris and long-sleeve shirt.

Life is good.

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  I almost bandited a fake color run yesterday.  Went for a run and there were all these green, purple, and pink sorority girls walking the other way.  Turns out they did some sort of benefit color run which started 90 minutes before I ran by.  Good thing I didn't leave earlier!  And how often can we really say that?

One week left until my HM!  Weather report looks good so far!  Mid-40s, dry, no wind.  Can you ask for better?

Tom- That is a seriously ominous thread title.  I remember feeling that way about XT when I was off for my knee.  At first I didn't make much of an effort to find other ways to be active because I kept thinking it would just be a little bit longer.  Then one day I tried the elliptical and realized it had been way too long and I was out of shape!

Beth- Hope you have fun at the charity auction!

Jack- Bravo again on getting it done!

LRB- I'm happy for you!  I really applaud your ability to stay here and stay positive during your setback.  I remember one of my first 5-milers when I restarted running.  I really had to step up my effort over the last mile just to hold my "easy" pace, and I realized that 5 miles was essentially my long run.  Ugh!  But from there it really wasn't too long until I was getting in to the 6-8 range comfortably.  And that, for some reason, was less depressing than 5.

D- Morning!

jjs- Welcome back!

Ric- Nice run!

Scap- Sounds like a fun run!  I ran into somebody from my running club on a recent neighborhood run.  It was nice to have the company for a mile or so while we were going the same direction.  He is usually much faster, but it was a recovery day for him!  Perfect! Smile

Phil- So you are human after all?

Sparker- Stay safe!

OOTB- Enjoy the run!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Nice thread title!! Joking

Great to hear about all you guys.

Great job to Jack.  That's it.....it's all taper from here!!

Rick......glad you're happy.  I hope to be there soon!!!

Like others here, waiting on doc word.   MRI hopefully soon.  I suspect meniscus for me too, but we'll see.

Clay barred & waxed the entire car yesterday.  Talk about arm burn!! Wink

Randy

LRB

Got a second egg out of the chickens yesterday.  One more and it's omelet time.

That is hilarious, we need to see pics of that bad boy!  Enjoy your run, is that not your longest post-marathon?

Scap yes, I was discharged from PT two weeks ago.  I have posted ad nauseam about my fears and disillusions during the entire episode so I do not want to rehash it, but suffice it to say I am just taking it one run at a time.  Nice run yesterday by the way!  I will posting there when I get a moment.

Zel, me, positive? That's all I know ha-ha, speaking of positive hang in there Randy!

Will run for scenery.

... everyone knows I am a positive person so the glass is half full!

I seriously doubt the glass is half full Big grin

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

4.4 miles for me.  And so much for my streak of no issues - got to about the halfway point of my run and my heart rate had a little hiccup:

It coincided with me feeling dizzy, faint, etc.  I stopped at about the 33 minute mark - but I was running up to that point (even though the HR looks like I had stopped), and once I did stop, my HR rebounded pretty quickly.  I was running again in two minutes or so.

Of course, today I decided to do a trail run so I was out there in the woods all by myself thinking I was going to pass out!

Not cool, man, not cool.

LRB

Damn O, really sorry to hear that.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

4.4 miles for me.  And so much for my streak of no issues - got to about the halfway point of my run and my heart rate had a little hiccup:

It coincided with me feeling dizzy, faint, etc.  I stopped at about the 33 minute mark - but I was running up to that point (even though the HR looks like I had stopped), and once I did stop, my HR rebounded pretty quickly.  I was running again in two minutes or so.

Of course, today I decided to do a trail run so I was out there in the woods all by myself thinking I was going to pass out!

Not cool, man, not cool.

This could be key to finding what is going on. Hope you find the reason.

Damaris

Hip Redux

This could be key to finding what is going on. Hope you find the reason.

I really hope so!  I have two recordings on the cardiac monitor plus the HRM data to send to the doc tomorrow AM.  I haven't worn my HRM in a while because it digs into me, but today I sucked it up in the name of science (the cardiac monitor also has a HRM, but it only takes a reading when I hit record - I figured a whole run data set might be more telling).   I had more things around or attached to my chest today, I felt like I was a walking experiment.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I really hope so!  I have two recordings on the cardiac monitor plus the HRM data to send to the doc tomorrow AM.  I haven't worn my HRM in a while because it digs into me, but today I sucked it up in the name of science (the cardiac monitor also has a HRM, but it only takes a reading when I hit record - I figured a whole run data set might be more telling).   I had more things around or attached to my chest today, I felt like I was a walking experiment.

That is how I found some of the triggers for my asthma attacks, so the data might be worth the HRM digging into you!

Damaris

outoftheblue

LRB -- Here is a picture of DH holding our first egg.  It's kinda of small, but they are supposed to get bigger as the chickens fully mature.

Life is good.