Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES wil be back in 5 minutes... (Read 46 times)

LRB

Oh, deer, what a morning for running

Like!

Sweet run BP!

Enjoy the rest lily, and do not come back here saying you decided to run 18 miles!

Sup DP!

Enjoy your repeats tonight B!

Nice run FS!

Hi D!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Watched that whole series, and really enjoyed it mostly, but could've done without the last 2 seasons or so.

6 easy miles this morning.

I felt the same way about Dexter. I think that finale fought with the Lost finale as worse finale

ever.

Damaris

DavePNW

I felt the same way about Dexter. I think that finale fought with the Lost finale as worse finale

ever.

I would vote for the finale of the last season of Homeland, although it may not be the series finale. But should be.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am about to throw my fucking garmin express ant agent thingy out the fucking window, including my laptop! Occasionally it wouldn't load my workout, I would have to switch the stick from my laptop to my computer and back to the laptop before it would finally load, now it won't at all. I have been trying all fucking morning and nothing, I have even uninstalled the stupid fucking Garmin Express and then re-installed it and still nothing  I am getting ready to go on a rampage with this fucking bullshit!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

I am about to throw my fucking garmin express ant agent thingy out the fucking window, including my laptop! Occasionally it wouldn't load my workout, I would have to switch the stick from my laptop to my computer and back to the laptop before it would finally load, now it won't at all. I have been trying all fucking morning and nothing, I have even uninstalled the stupid fucking Garmin Express and then re-installed it and still nothing  I am getting ready to go on a rampage with this fucking bullshit!

Ahhh, Garmin.  If it ain't pissing you off, you ain't doing it right.  I LOL'd a little at your rampage because that's pretty much how I react.

I've got 7 easy miles planned after work.  Looks like the three days of rain will clear up in time for my run and it might actually be a fairly pleasant afternoon.

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Had a good workout this morning. Warmed up with a mile, then I had two sets of two miles at my Tempo pace, with two minute recoveries. Then I had four sets of 200 meters on the track with equal recoveries. Cooled down with a mile. Total was 8.1 miles in about 1:06.

My workout was interrupted half-way by a female Boxer (dog). She was sniffing flowers, so I went to the other side of the road only to run in to her pup who was sitting on a mound of dirt. I ran away from that little bugger but the mama came after me. I saw they were both collared, so I just started walking backwards somewhat quickly and told them to stay. They did briefly, then ran after me again. I told them to stay again (and again and again) and I walked backwards and was able to duck through a treeline out of their sight. Phew. I've had a dog for 10 years and had them when I was young, so I'm not afraid of dogs. I just recognize that you don't get between a mama and her pup.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

5 minutes?  It's been 45 minutes already ffs.

It's probably 5 minutes in Hawaiian time...    People who have been to Hawaii will get that.

Good run/walk this morning.   4.3 miles done on the university campus and surrounding area, with 5 hills along the way.  My legs are a bit tired now.  Flippin' 95% humidity and dew-point of 76....sweat sweat sweat!  After my run/walk I just sat in the air-conditioned university gym for about 15 minutes just to cool off.  Then I took a nice COLD shower, which felt very refreshing.  Texas summer is here with a vengeance...it took a while to get here, but we are now near 100 degrees every afternoon.

Enjoy your day off, Lily!  Yeah, I'm not into Dexter either. And I tried to watch the first episode of the Fargo series, and managed to get through it, but it just bored me.  Moved way too slowly for me.  Doubt I will watch any of the rest of the series episodes.

Nice weather, FreeSoul!  Bet Rocky really loved that!

Happy rest day, Basya.  Chocolate is good for breaking fasts too...

Congrats on your miles, Step.  7 deer with fawns....deer baby boom!

So Andrew had a match with a couple of boxers this morning!  Glad you made it safely out of the ring!

Good luck with the allergy shot, Damaris.  Maybe they can give the doofus a different kind of injection. 

I wore a long sleeve shirt to drive to work.  Rick, did you wear a shirt when you ran too?  And women everywhere cried....

Congrats on your run, B-Plus.  I don't get that progression stuff.  Wouldn't all your miles be progression?  You progress to Miile 1...then you progress to Mile 2...then you progress to Mile 3....then you progress...   

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Say it right.

I stand corrected.   

Smart move Drew!

I wore a singlet Scotty and still ended up drenched!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Tell me about lol, I don't know why it is so important..... I mean all I wanna know is weather, elevation, blah blah 

Ahhh, Garmin.  If it ain't pissing you off, you ain't doing it right.  I LOL'd a little at your rampage because that's pretty much how I react.

I've got 7 easy miles planned after work.  Looks like the three days of rain will clear up in time for my run and it might actually be a fairly pleasant afternoon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

DavePNW

What up peeps?

I ran 10 miles with 8 progression.

I am amazed at how many of my easy runs end up unintentionally in progression (although not necessarily dramatically so). I don't look at my watch much, and don't notice till I load it & see it in my log. Seems like it takes me forever to get warmed up, the later miles are so much easier than the earlier ones. Not sure if that is typical, or has something to do with running too early in the morning.

Dave

DavePNW

Ahhh, Garmin.  If it ain't pissing you off, you ain't doing it right. 

Truth.

Actually my Garmin connected to the computer & loaded successfully on the first attempt, for the 2nd day in a row. A new record!

In other news, I noticed I just hit 100 miles for the month today, so hopefully if all goes well will get back to 200+.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

In other news, I noticed I just hit 100 miles for the month today, so hopefully if all goes well will get back to 200+.

Good running Dave. Not bad for taking it easy the first part of the month.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am pretty sure I didn't have too many of these problems with my 410 and garmin connect, I think it became a problem when I got the 610 and then I had to start using garmin express.......supposedly so much better and faster  

PRs

Good morning dailies!

Rick - dot dot dot, dash dash dash, dot dot dot?

B+ - progression towards the finish

Baboon - it's a trap

Lily - enjoy your day off

Free - great day for a run

Basya - have a good workout tonight

Step - cool, glad the deer are coming back

D, DaveP - hi

Brr - good escape

Scotty - way to beat the heat

Bike, bike bike at the gym for me. So!  My street is being paved after last winter made it into something like a lunar surface.  The machine that strips off the old layer went by this morning, I've never seen one of them in action.  Pretty cool, with a convoy of dump trucks to take away the debris it rips up.

Maybe a smooth new road is a good excuse to buy a... road bike?

Appointment made for next Wednesday with a PT specializing in running.

LRB

I am amazed at how many of my easy runs end up unintentionally in progression (although not necessarily dramatically so). I don't look at my watch much, and don't notice till I load it & see it in my log. Seems like it takes me forever to get warmed up, the later miles are so much easier than the earlier ones. Not sure if that is typical, or has something to do with running too early in the morning.

Nearly every run of mine looks like a progression run for the first 6 miles or so.  It's why I extended my pre-race warm up this year to 3 miles because that is the point where things just flow naturally.

FS is Garmin Express a requirement for the 610?