Beginners and Beyond

What Happened To RunJasonRun? (Read 132 times)

Buelligan

Well?   I hope he's not dead... or worse.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

He still posts in L&O. He seems well!

Running is dumb.

MI_Tim

Who?

Buelligan

That's right.

happylily

Something about us not being good enough.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

catwhoorg

Labrat

He is still occasionally active on Facebook as well.

He has a new job, which involves longer days but only 4 days /week, and a whole lot of driving between sites.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

RunJasonRun

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

I did transfer to a new office about six months ago, and I'm enjoying the new job duties.  I mainly post in L&O these days, simply because that's where I landed when I first joined RunningAhead, and I fell out of the habit of checking this forum.  I'm still a slow runner, but I was pleased with my marathon finish just over a month ago (5 hours, 10 minutes, and change), simply because I beat my previous year's time at the same race.

This year, I've made a real effort to focus on consistent shorter runs, as opposed to going for long runs/races and then stagnating for days or even weeks in between like I've had a tendency to do in recent years.  Starting on New Year's Day, I made a rule that I'm not allowed to take consecutive rest days, meaning that I run at least four days a week and I never go two or more days in a row without running.  Most of my weekday runs are in the neighborhood of three to six miles, and I typically go for 10 or a few more on weekends.  This was easier said than done during the dead of winter, where the temperatures were abnormally cold, especially by Georgia standards, but I pulled it off in style, and the consistency helped me during the March marathon, where I felt more at home on the pavement during the final miles than I have in quite a while.

Since my new job duties require me to handle situations while I'm still training to learn new things, I just sort of reverted back to why I started running in the first place years ago...to alleviate stress at the end of a long day by giving myself a simple task that only involves running from Point A to Point B.  The simplicity of these short runs is quite refreshing.

I do not post on the Runner's World Forums at all any more, simply because the forum interface over there is not appealing to me.

Oh, and I still have a propensity to write long posts.

It's good to see y'all.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Nice race, Jason.

You people have issues 

Birdwell

tl;dr

RunJasonRun

Nice race, Jason.

tl;dr

Bah.  I knew y'all would do this!

Haha.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

I did transfer to a new office about six months ago, and I'm enjoying the new job duties.  I mainly post in L&O these days, simply because that's where I landed when I first joined RunningAhead, and I fell out of the habit of checking this forum.  I'm still a slow runner, but I was pleased with my marathon finish just over a month ago (5 hours, 10 minutes, and change), simply because I beat my previous year's time at the same race.

This year, I've made a real effort to focus on consistent shorter runs, as opposed to going for long runs/races and then stagnating for days or even weeks in between like I've had a tendency to do in recent years.  Starting on New Year's Day, I made a rule that I'm not allowed to take consecutive rest days, meaning that I run at least four days a week and I never go two or more days in a row without running.  Most of my weekday runs are in the neighborhood of three to six miles, and I typically go for 10 or a few more on weekends.  This was easier said than done during the dead of winter, where the temperatures were abnormally cold, especially by Georgia standards, but I pulled it off in style, and the consistency helped me during the March marathon, where I felt more at home on the pavement during the final miles than I have in quite a while.

Since my new job duties require me to handle situations while I'm still training to learn new things, I just sort of reverted back to why I started running in the first place years ago...to alleviate stress at the end of a long day by giving myself a simple task that only involves running from Point A to Point B.  The simplicity of these short runs is quite refreshing.

I do not post on the Runner's World Forums at all any more, simply because the forum interface over there is not appealing to me.

Oh, and I still have a propensity to write long posts.

It's good to see y'all.

I feel you and agree.  Glad to see you around!

Damaris

Buelligan

Hey.

RunJasonRun

Hey.

Hey there.  I remember you from RWOL back in the day.