Beginners and Beyond

Do I have to do everything around here? SunDAILIES (Read 51 times)

LRB

You mean face like this: 

Yep, and these. Take your pick. lol

B-Plus

I forgot to mention that despite wind chills in the teens, I wore my capris accompanied by little more than a singlet and arm sleeves.

The expressions range from what the fuck is that to look at this ass clown and everything in between. It was awesome! 

B-Plus

Great job everyone. It seems like the common theme today is ESU. I'd better get after my 20. I'm gonna get drenched.

LRB

It seems like the common theme today is ESU.

Yep. I will be heading to the theater soon for some yummy, four cheese thin-crust pizza to see Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell's new movie.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You mean face like this: 

+1

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am waiting for lunch to ESU.  Chinese is what I want.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Wow, lots going on already in the dailies (LRB, Docket, Cyber...excellent work!!).

I ran nice and easy and it felt good to do that.  7.3 miles at 8:18 pace.  I've got a cold and was snotting all over the place though.  Urgh.  Because of my cold, I bailed on my Sunday swim clinic.  I really hated to do that but felt like I had to.  I might go for some laps later this afternoon at my own slow pace.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Watched UK-Notre Dame basketball...rooting for Notre Dame but they lost with a missed shot in the final seconds.  Heckuva game though for both teams!  Congrats to Kentucky.

This morning I did a run/walk that was a combination of my neighborhood and the park that backs up to my neighborhood.  Haven't run in my neighborhood for quite a while, as I usually run after work and stop someplace on the way home from work.  I had forgotten how nice my subdivision is to run in, with wide streets and a varied terrain, keeps it interesting.  Part of my outing took me on some off-road trails in the park that back up to my subdivision, sweet.  Beautiful morning for a run too.  I went out about 8:30 am...it was 56 degrees, humidity in the 30 percentile and low dew-point too, with sunshine and blue skies, nice!   I felt so good I just kept going for a while...and ended up doing a run/walk of exactly an hour, the longest I've done in quite a while.  Total distance done was 5.4 miles, averaging about 11:07 per mile, although I did push my last mile just to see how it would go and I did that last mile in 10:27.

Already got my lawn and yard work done during the week so the rest of this Sunday I plan just to be nice and lazy and enjoy the sunshine and the 80-degrees high we are going to have for today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Eh, I have been running since 6am, sheesh!

20 with 12 @ MP.  I hope that was supposed to feel hard because it was!  And my lungs are congested.   Even with fucked up lungs, I pulled it off.  But I hope they get better because it's only downhill from here.

ESU and taper now!

Wow, 20 miles, impressive, way to go!  And with congested lungs too...double impressive!

Hip Redux

I've been waiting for the temps to warm up and the ice on the road clears before I head out for a run, but that may be wishful thinking.   I might just have to suck it up and go.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope your 20 went well, B-Plus.

Congrats on your race, LRB, and your additional miles!  And way to please the crowd with your modeling attire.

Wishing the best for all our racers today!

What is it going to warm up to where you are, Blue?  Right now in San Antonio, it is 11:20 a.m and already 71 degrees.  I bet where Damaris is, it's even warmer.  Enjoy your warmer miles.

Enjoy your SRD, Lauren...and try to behave yourself. 

I may run a few miles today, but I probably won't. Yeah, Lily, now that is decisive run management! 

Well, 15, cjones, you have to eat a big recovery meal, right?  Enjoy!

Congrats on your run, Cy!

Sorry about the tummy, FreeSoul, glad you and Rocky were able to get in some miles.

Way to go on your miles, Phil.  Sorry about the snotty nose!  I get that all the time when I run, even when I'm 'healthy', don't know why.  It gets annoying having to clear the nose frequently on the run...altho I am getting pretty good now at snot-rocket target shooting...

Dang, those look good, Marjorie.....am I on your oreo mailing list? 

Oski, here is wishing you an early melting of all your ice!  Stay safe out there.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yep. I will be heading to the theater soon for some yummy, four cheese thin-crust pizza to see Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell's new movie.

SERIOUSLY!!!! DH and I are going later this afternoon to see that movie, Kevin Hart is hilarious (his height makes it more so) and so is Will, I am so happy they are making a movie together but I can't wait for the one with Kevin and Dwayne Johnson.. I think it's coming out in 2016(?). I don't care if this movies makes sense or not, it will be hilarious and I need an evening out and something to laugh at.

Scotty, I am hoping this stomach bug is over with.... I've got 2 back to back half marathons in 4 weeks and I am not doing great on the mileage although my strengthening has improved immensely.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty, for you I would make them and send.

Did 4.1 miles. Filling for other candies setting up

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not planning on watching that movie but we watched Insurgent and it was better than the first. Probably watching The Gunman this week or the next.

Damaris

DavePNW

Yeah, I ran 17 miles today. 13 of them in a race.

I know Dave felt some kind of way about missing this event but he lucked out. The wind coming off the river from mile 4 through 9 was not fun.

Despite that, I did not think I would have much today and I was right, it was ugly. Not sure what my official time is but Garmin has me at 1:31:40 in 13 miles exactly.

I decided last month to train through this race and I suppose it showed. Hopefully that decision pays off when the fun stuff starts, we will know soon enough.

Dropping back into the dailies because I had to check out how this went. Nice job getting it done in some less-than-ideal conditions! You'da thunk by the end of March it'd be warmer than this. And I know the wind was nasty today. I guess I won't feel too bad about missing this. But I'll still feel bad about missing the entire spring racing season.

Dave