Beginners and Beyond

Do I have to do everything around here? SunDAILIES (Read 51 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Mentally it was a chore from about the halfway point of mile 1, but I knew that going in and just hung as best I could.

Physically I hurt like I ran a PR which is odd because it was not even close.

No rest for the weary though as peak week is dead ahead!

I am happy though to be beyond this point though if that makes sense?

Yes!

Exactly, that has been my experience also. But you did it and hung in when it sucked from the start. That is a great mental test and exercise.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Apparently there was a gong at the end of the race that you bang if you got a pr.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

Apparently there was a gong at the end of the race that you bang if you got a pr.

Oh, well that explains why I did not see it. lol

MI_Tim

Haha.  Yeah, the gong was supposed to be by the finish, but I couldn't find it at first.  I passed it once I started on the trail back to the HS.  It was after you got past all the water tables and medals.  It was small, easily missed.

According to their website, the last minute change in course meant that the course was no longer USATF certified, but they were pretty sure it was right on.  I still don't know how that would mess with the mile markers since the start and the general route didn't change...unless the markers are measured backwards.  I don't see why they would do that though.

LRB

I still don't know how that would mess with the mile markers since the start and the general route didn't change...unless the markers are measured backwards.  I don't see why they would do that though.

I saw the old mile markers painted on the ground 5 to 25 feet (depending on the mile) past this years mile markers...which reminds me, I ran past a fuckin dollar bill on the ground and did not turn and pick it up. That was a topic back in the day on the BF! But anyway, I ran 13.14 miles there last year. Today I was past the second timing mat and slowing down when the 13th mile finally beeped.

My guess is the timing mats should have been .05 miles further back into the corral. That would have given you the .10 going out and coming back in.

Those things happen though in my case it did not matter because I stunk anyway, but for everyone else it has got to be a bitter pill.

outoftheblue

I love the idea of bells or gongs to ring if you PR.  In addition, races should have something like a giant toilet to flush as catharsis for a bad race.

Life is good.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Aww thanks everyone. I love to do it. Get it from my mom.  She was a big time cook and baker.

I did a few dozen chocolate covered Oreos, the big bunny Oreos (8 in total), a few dozen of the smaller bunny cherry and mint creams, and the peppermint patties.  All wrapped up for Dh to take to work.

Funny  i make it  and love to do it but I don't eat it. It is fun to create it all.

Marjorie

LRB

I love the idea of bells or gongs to ring if you PR.  In addition, races should have something like a giant toilet to flush as catharsis for a bad race.

Yeah, I would have climbed into it today and flushed myself. lol

LRB

Funny  i make it  and love to do it but I don't eat it. It is fun to create it all.

I am the same way with my cakes. For as critically acclaimed as some of them have been, I have eaten roughly one or two slices out of 2 dozen three and four layer cakes!

LittleBlue, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that your three-miler went well.

Lauren, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Damaris, you are the boss. Twenty with congested lungs? Wow!

Lily, have fun doing whatever you do.

cjones1, fantastic fifteen.

Cyberic99, excellent 11.5.

Ric-G, bravo on the seven.

HCK2.0, terrific 10.5.

MI Tim, bravo!

Rick, you got it done. Sweet HM+4.

B-Plus, I hope that your twenty went well.

Phil, excellent 7.3. Feel well soon.

scottydawg, excellent 5.4.

FreeSoul87, enjoy your date with DH. I hope that you have good HMs.

Marjorie, fantastic 4.1.

outoftheblue, please take care of yourself starting now, if you haven't already. I know that you're disappointed, but being healthy is more important. We care about you.

DaveP MI, I hope that resting, the new place, and the new job bring you to a happy and healthy place.

Lori, congratulations on a smokin' HM PR!!!

Little Blue, I'm happy that you were able to do two miles in such pleasant weather.

Oski, brava on the five.

I hit the gym earlier this afternoon. I did 56:03 on the TM, chased by weights. 0:00-35:00 were at 6.6mph (9:05). 35:00-44:00 were at 6.7mph (8:57). 44:00-53:00 were at 6.8mph (8:49). 53:00-55:03 were at 6.9mph (8:41). I still needed a bit of a cooldown (still a bit congested, but the mucus is now clear) 55:03-56:03 at 4.1mph (14:37).

My goal is to run for a full hour, starting next week.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Run/walked 5 miles - first 2.5 were warm and sunny and YAY for running and then I turned around and headed back and the last 2.5 were into the wind and I froze and my hip hurt and everything sucked.   But it's done.

Dave - moving sucks.  Are you going to the west coast?  Or am I making that up?

BerthaSlayer - sweet on the PR!   I don't know what a gong has to do with anything but you totally should have rung it.

Marj - ok, those chocolates look awesome!

OOTB - overtraining, or just training more than your body can handle, can also result in an imbalance in hormones, particularly for women, and it can really take a toll.   A rest can't hurt, if you think that's what you need!

+1

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh, I just heard from my coach.  Not that I am freaking out or anything, but at least he believes in me.  Well, you guys do as well.  I guess that means I will try.  

Damaris

DavePNW

Dave - moving sucks.  Are you going to the west coast?  Or am I making that up?

You are not making that up. Seattle. I think it is going to be a good thing long term, I just wish I could close my eyes & wake up in a few months after houses are sold, bought, packed up, moved & unpacked.

I did go out & do 6 miles this afternoon. Warmed up to 42, so good enough for shorts, but the wind was as ridiculous as housing prices in Seattle. Fortunately I got it in before the snow came.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You are not making that up. Seattle. I think it is going to be a good thing long term, I just wish I could close my eyes & wake up in a few months after houses are sold, bought, packed up, moved & unpacked.

I did go out & do 6 miles this afternoon. Warmed up to 42, so good enough for shorts, but the wind was as ridiculous as housing prices in Seattle. Fortunately I got it in before the snow came.

Housing in Seattle does not look that bad when you are coming from Miami.  Good luck!  I would move there in a heartbeat!

Damaris

LRB

Housing in Seattle does not look that bad when you are coming from Miami.  Good luck!  I would move there in a heartbeat!

Coming from Michigan though it is straight up ridiculous.

I would also like to give the great northwest a shot though, perhaps in another lifetime...or to visit DP.