Beginners and Beyond

Run long run strong SunDAILIES (Read 37 times)

B-Plus

That looks amazing. 71 miles on the week, the most this year.

In case you missed it, there was a pretty exciting finish to the Commonwealth Games 10000 (but also obvious what was going to happen as they turned onto the last straight). I'm not sure if you can see this outside of Canada though. Start watching from about 11:30 in the video if you can see this.

Zelanie

15 done.  Last LR in Costa Rica.  My hip was bothering me at first, which I had been worried about, and I almost stopped, but I remembered not to judge a run by the first mile and it was fine once I warmed up.

And in the spirit of eating tasty things,  I stopped by the local market on the way home and got some South American bread thing that looked good.  Prepackaged, so it wasn't like a delicacy from a panadería, but still good!

LRB

I'm not sure if you can see this outside of Canada though. Start watching from about 11:30 in the video if you can see this.

The link plays but shows no footage, I saw it here.  Nicely done by your BC countryman!

SlymoonRuns, bravo on the eighty-mile week.

Damaris, now, your husband can truly empathize with you.

FreeSoul87, awesome seventeen. I hope that your well-earned brunch was delicious.

B-Plus, enjoy the ten.

Lily, nice eighteen. Enjoy the walk on the beach and the ride.

DaveP MI, bravo on the seventeen.

Marjorie, brava on the 11.2. I'm glad that you avoided the nastier bits of weather.

Rick, that's quality glycogen replenishment. Excellent fourteen.

Zelanie, fantastic fifteen. How was Friday with your host family?

I did 15.0 TM miles in 2:28:44. 9:55 pace. I've realized that I'm at certain points in my cycle when my regular paces feel more or less comfortable. I'd rather receive notifications by text.

Zelanie

Basya- Excellent job on the 15!  You ran yours at about the pace I was supposed to run, but I am taking it a bit easy due to conditions here and hoping I will make that up when I get home. Smile  My walk went well, but was LONG.

I wrote a blog post that was almost as long as the walk was, which you can read here.  I kind of think that people who are doing RNR events just to finish might have just as much, if not more fun, coming here and running something like this.  There are bands along the way, lots of encouragement and crowd support, and great aid stations if you bring cash. Smile

LRB

..and great aid stations if you bring cash. Smile

I am sure.  lol

LRB

Welp, I burned roughly 1900 calories during my run (according to Garmin), and have eaten just about that much since.  lol

I am trying to decide what adult beverage to indulge in and am coming up blank, any suggestions?

I feel beery for some reason, maybe a trip to the craft beer store is in order but I would prefer something in a lager if I go that route. 

Rick, I think that my dear friend Glen can help.

DavePNW

Welp, I burned roughly 1900 calories during my run (according to Garmin), and have eaten just about that much since.  lol

I am trying to decide what adult beverage to indulge in and am coming up blank, any suggestions?

I feel beery for some reason, maybe a trip to the craft beer store is in order but I would prefer something in a lager if I go that route. 

I just got back in from some more sweaty yard work, followed by my 5th shower of the weekend, and am now sitting in my easy chair enjoying a Bell's Kalamazoo Stout. Mmmm....

Dave

DavePNW

Rick, I think that my dear friend Glen can help.

Which one? Livet? Fiddich? Morangie?

Dave

B-Plus

The link plays but shows no footage, I saw it here.  Nicely done by your BC countryman!

There's a girl from his hometown who just started a run of 12 marathons in 17 days - about 500km. Actually I just learned that he's from my province during these games. I thought he was from the east.

delicate flower

Laziness wins today and so I don't run.  Meh, I should probably take a rest day once in a while anyway. So, I give you this triathlon sherpa selfie!    Wife won an AG award or something in her little race, but LOOK AT ME!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hell, I'm having some Jim Beam Hardcore Cider right now, with just a little bit of Cran Apple juice with it..... I'm guessing a cup of the hard stuff and a shot or two of cran apple juice. Feeling pretty damn good right now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Laziness wins today and so I don't run.  Meh, I should probably take a rest day once in a while anyway. So, I give you this triathlon sherpa selfie!    Wife won an AG award or something in her little race, but LOOK AT ME!

Hahahahh

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Another nice morning of "cool' for August in Texas.  Slept in a bit later than I wanted to and did not start my run/walk until 8:15 a.m.  Even so, it was very pleasant, about 72 degrees, low humidity and low dew-point.  I did off-road trails in McAllister Park, the largest park in San Antonio. This time I did the 'back trail' which really takes you off-road.

I started at this cactus with this funny little flowers/fruit.

photo MP1_zpse40d000d.jpg

Ran up onto the causeway..this was built to help prevent flooding in the park after heavy rain.  The running trail goes on top of it.  This photo is from a point where I am looking back the way I just came up the causeway.

photo MP2_zpsaf61d523.jpg

I am now approaching a point along the trail called "Majestic Oaks."  I thought it was funny that the one tree log/branch looked to me like a dog standing up, maybe 'standing guard' to the entrance of Majestic Oaks.

photo MP3_zps2d0fde89.jpg

Entering Majestic Oaks by going up this short hill

photo MP4_zps6e668ef1.jpg

And then running underneath all these oak trees...

photo MP5_zpscaeef1b9.jpg

photo MP6_zps3f8f8779.jpg

Right before I headed back to my car I passed the Dog Park in the park.  This is a very popular San Antonio dog park, very large, and one of the busiest during the weekend.

photo MP7_zpsb6ea4bba.jpg

In spite of my late morning start, nice run/walk, very pleasant.  Felt great the whole way.  Ended up with 4.3 miles.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt