Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES. Feh. (Read 45 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Dude in the meeting I just had was pulling a Costanza and was in up to his wrist.  God dammit.

<3

LRB

He was born ready, yo.

lol

Speaking of ready, I am ready to go home as there is a weeks worth of work for me to do yet I only took one day off!

Here, some yummy food should help.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeap.  I am having cream of broccoli and a half Cobb salad.  Yummy.

Jack, what the fuck?  Temps are starting to rise in Cali again next week.  My marathon is next week!  Shut down the furrrrrrrnace.

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Hello everyone, another Monday and less than a week until we head down to Tennessee for a nice and much needed vacation.

So, what part of TN will the Free Soul family be visiting? I'm in the Chattanooga area.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Cream of asparagus is my new thang but it's not a standard menu item so I only get it every now and again.  It is really yummo though!

B-Plus

Hello! We had our marathon in town yesterday, but I didn't run it. One day.

7 miles.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Are you feeling ready?

Yeah, I think so. The hay is in the barn training wise. Now I just need a good week of food and rest and get to the starting line healthy. I'm hoping that I can get in to the run and just run easy through 20 and still have some life left in my legs. That will make me feel really good.

A couple of items from today:

• I think my Saucony Virratas are the culprit in making my foot hurt. I had to use my Mizuno's for a number of runs back-to-back last week and my foot stopped hurting. It could potentially be the transition to outside running, so the jury is still out.
                • I learned that our CEO was potentially let go. There was a leaked story. It's sad that employees find out through leaked stories rather than communication internally.
                • I found out that there was a fire at the storage place where we have a unit to hold some of our stuff while we're selling our house and buying a new one. I found out that our unit wasn't involved.

- Andrew

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yeap.  I am having cream of broccoli and a half Cobb salad.  Yummy.

Jack, what the fuck?  Temps are starting to rise in Cali again next week.  My marathon is next week!  Shut down the furrrrrrrnace.

I will do what I can! Your saving grace is that you will be on the coast.

Brrrr: You are ready. Enjoy the taper and you are going to kill it.

Baboon: "pulling a Costanza..."  LOL.

As for me, 6 miles with 4x600 @5k pace. Almost time to taper, though training has been so bad I'm not sure if I need a taper. Bleh...

Have a good day.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy Monday as my co-worker is out from work yet again.  I like her but this absence stuff is getting old.  Oh well.

Did 2 nice 5Ks over the weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.   Lots of doggie pics for the one on Sunday.

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/62e10a3031ab4b2d998865dac544986d#focus

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/1b73301a0ecc46c0b93d3edc03533937#focus

Non-running day today. Plan on doing a weight training circuit after work if I don't get lazy and just decide to go home instead.

Cinco de Mayo is a big deal around here, lots of local businesses are closed and some people have the day off.  I am not one of them, though, bummer.

Hey. I'm precaffeinated.  Isn't there a pill now to prevent that?     Good luck with your run today, hope there are no more leg cramps.

Welcome back, Tom!    Good luck with night shift.

Good morning, LRB, sorry your 3-day weekend is over, welcome back to reality.

Happy rest day, DaveP.  Enjoy Cinco de Mayo on your rest day, have a tequila. 

Congrats on your 5-year anniversary, Baboon, and not having to have any more surgeries in that time period!  28 miles run during the weekend...all at one time?  Wow!

Just curious, FreeSoul...why Tennessee for vacation?  Glad you got your run in with no ticketing.  Believe me, some trails you don't want to be on after dark, if it's like here in San Antonio, buncha weirdos show up in some of our parks and trails in the night-time hours and early hours of the morning, not the safest places to be.

Lily, we have - as the weatherman always puts it - ABUNDANT sunshine here in San Antonio.  Feel free to visit anytime!  Good luck with your miles later.

Yeah, Damaris, those darn cats.  I wish I could sleep like they do, lol, just about anytime and just about anywhere.

Whatever you decide on doing outoftheblue, hope it goes great for you.

Nice you have a store so close, Andrew.  Or maybe not, if you end up buying too much food, that could get hazardous to your health.  Funny about the zoo and the wolves.

Happy rest day, Marjorie.

Enjoy the rest of your day, Meaghan.

Congrats on your miles, B-Plus.

Stay cool, Jack.  If you can where you are.  These early summer temps for you, me, and Cherie are getting ridiculous!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty - at least at this moment, the losers and weirdos don't hang out on the trails here. They normally hang out at kids' playgrounds (weird, I know) or the river front, but not in the woods. Smile

I love Tennessee, and it's the one state that is SO FREAKING EASY to find cabins for rent, I mean you just type in cabin rentals in Tennessee and you get thousands of choices. I won't be running on those trails though.... the idea of running into a bear is just unsettling lol, Rocky and I will run the roads by the cabin though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Almost time to taper, though training has been so bad I'm not sure if I need a taper. Bleh...

You are doing great training for two so close to each other!

LRB

I am going to try to salvage some kind of short workout though.

I ended up doing three sets each of crunches, pushups, pullups and walking lunges.  And despite it being only 40 minutes it was a pretty effective workout.

That I have remained so committed to core, strength and flexibility work so far removed from my stint on the bench (last fall) speaks to just how scared I am of ever going back!  lol

My PT would be so proud of me if she knew...

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You are doing great training for two so close to each other!

LRB: You are too kind.  Really, I am hoping to run with DW the entire way and get her to goal of a sub 4:00. Her training has been going great so I hope I can keep up with her. Smile

LRB

Really, I am hoping to run with DW the entire way and get her to goal of a sub 4:00. Her training has been going great so I hope I can keep up with her. Smile

I know.  She is going to do great and you will too bringing up the rear! 

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good afternoon,

I'll do the Monday group run this evening. The route varies, so it'll be between 3-4 miles. I'm sure there will be plenty of hills, too. It's warm out there today, so the beer at the end will be so good.