Beginners and Beyond

National Repeal Tuesdailies (Read 21 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Raise a glass for the repeal of prohibition.

5 with lazy intervals.  My legs just will not go fast in cold. At least Garmin thought it was productive.

sdWhiskers

The older I get, the less I care about alcohol. Can't remember the last time I drank at home.

7 miles. I have a HM next weekend that is basically the only thing keeping me running consistently right now.

Half Crazy K 2.0

The older I get, the less I care about alcohol. Can't remember the last time I drank at home.

I had a beer when we were in Niagara Falls in September.  That's about how frequently I drink.

DavePNW

I am still happy about alcohol. Although I can't remember the last time I was actually drunk. My typical consumption is one beer per week, on Saturday night with dinner. Although that can increase substantially when on business travel, but I'll virtually never have more than 2-3 drinks in an evening.

We are having what they're calling an "atmospheric river." So I got very wet. Hit the track for 7 miles with 3x1200m, a light workout in advance of my planned 10k on Saturday. It went OK; I was moving pretty well by the third rep.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm very happy with the end of prohibition!

I have 3 and Pilates. Had to cancel PT because of my deposition, which ended early and I could've made it to PT but I have too much to do.

Damaris

15 Stream grade with one ‘significant hill’ at 7.5 like the B&A has.  Pace 20 seconds a mile under course closure pace for the B&A… this maxed out my legs.

Had the Nike app beating me with the pace announcement stick every quarter mile, else I would have faded.

now to see how I recover

Half Crazy K 2.0

15 Stream grade with one ‘significant hill’ at 7.5 like the B&A has.  Pace 20 seconds a mile under course closure pace for the B&A… this maxed out my legs.

Had the Nike app beating me with the pace announcement stick every quarter mile, else I would have faded.

now to see how I recover

I am debating doing the HM there. My co-captain in the milage game is running the full and put the bug in my ear. Probably should register soon while it's still $65 (yes sdWhiskers, you are reading that right. the full is currently $75).

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

No running for me today.  Hopefully tomorrow.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

sdWhiskers

I am debating doing the HM there. My co-captain in the milage game is running the full and put the bug in my ear. Probably should register soon while it's still $65 (yes sdWhiskers, you are reading that right. the full is currently $75).

My HM next weekend cost me $144, signing up 3 months in advance....

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My favorite half cost me $40, but even here that's an outlier.

Half Crazy K 2.0

The local running club has a very no frills,  gun timed HM in early October.  It's free to members and I think $5 for non-members.

DavePNW

The 10k this weekend is $20!! That's completely unheard of around here, IDK why it's so cheap. It's $35 if you want the shirt, but why do I need another fucking shirt.

MTA: well of course we do have the free parkruns.

MTA2: and that 10k is flat! They should charge extra for that.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't think I've seen a $20 race even here! Nor a $40 half.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

MTA: well of course we do have the free parkruns.

Yes, which I'm really beginning to appreciate.

Makes me wish races would offer a discount for no-frills entry.  I don't need another shirt either, or more swag.  Maybe the shirt & other swag might defer the cost of the race by having sponsor names on it so the race is better off with it than without?  I certainly don't need a finisher medal for a 5k or a 10k - there's at least 1 RD here that offers medals as a buyup, which I appreciate.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  I slept in on this WFH day and did an easy 60 minute indoor bike spin at lunchtime.

The next HM I need to sign up for is Feb 24 and costs $30, but the registration page says if that is too much money than just pay what you can.  It's "no frill" but comes with a huge post-race lunch in the high school cafeteria.  I ran it injured last year so hopefully I will be healthy next time.  I did enjoy running it easy with no pressure.

I did sign up for a 17 mile race on Jan 24.  It sells out fast because it is free.  The last time I ran that one, I won it.

<3