Beginners and Beyond

Who is missing here that would really make the forums complete? (Read 927 times)

Nevrgivup

I miss Moth the most. I also miss Robin and I do have something for Dizzy even though some don't like him. I'm missing a bunch, but can't think of their forum names off hand. I know so many on FB now and get mixed up with their actual real names. I miss Tammy too. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

runfoolery

Me!
      Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't miss dizzy's nasty PMs and mocking my asthma or Jenny's cancer so I can do without. Not sure if Robin or Moth will come but this community will benefit from them so I hope they come back.

Damaris

Nevrgivup

I don't miss dizzy's nasty PMs and mocking my asthma or Jenny's cancer so I can do without. Not sure if Robin or Moth will come but this community will benefit from them so I hope they come back.

Damaris I didn't realize he did this. I'm sorry. Sad Scap is also missing. I hope she comes over too. 

delicate flower

Obviously Moth comes immediately to mind.  Some of my Sole Train teammates are still missing (flatlander62, MarkO, ACRC, runninggirl30, etc).  I am sure there are others that I just can't think of right now.    

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris I didn't realize he did this. I'm sorry. Sad Scap is also missing. I hope she comes over too. 

I miss scap too. And striders. Maybe we should post our group in the BFFB once a week? Although Moth was not happy we did that last time.

Damaris

xor

Goodness, this has been brought up several times in the past couple days.  Yeah, dizz is a CATCH.

Scapadoopy and Moth and, well, if you peek in over there, you will see a few more.

Nevrgivup

Whatever we can do that will not induce controversy. I hope Striders makes his way in here too. 

Nevrgivup

Goodness, this has been brought up several times in the past couple days.  Yeah, dizz is a CATCH.

Scapadoopy and Moth and, well, if you peek in over there, you will see a few more.

I try not to get into the mocking threads too much. I always kind-of felt bad for the guy. I just didn't know about the PM's. That is crazy.

happylily

I think that many posters on RW just haven't been around lately because of the technical problems and maybe also less running due to colder temps. I vote for putting a sticky up on the BF forum saying that we have all moved and giving our new address, in case one of our old friends wanders in and the house is empty. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

TakeAHike

I miss Radioactive Goop.  I didn't always appreciate his style, but I liked his running advice.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

xor

I think that many posters on RW just haven't been around lately because of the technical problems and maybe also less running due to colder temps. I vote for putting a sticky up on the BF forum saying that we have all moved and giving our new address, in case one of our old friends wanders in and the house is empty. Big grin

Interesting side note about that.  You'd think that threads saying "we're all over here", linking a different site, would get immediately taken down.

But they haven't.

There have been several threads devoted specifically to that.  And mentions in other threads.  In BF, NRR, Marathoners, Trail, etc.  They are all still there.  S*S is, weirdly, helping.  And being nice about it. (I'm overstating.  Really, she's just ignoring.)

OR.... conspiracy theory at work... at least in the case of NRR, they WANT "that culture" to bail.

That said, I dunno that it is "many" any more.  Some.  And some are posting in both places.  But it surely seems like "many" are here.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The treadmill running, donut eating, 100 mile running professor.

My internetz GF.

TheMapleLeafForever

BingoJenn

KeenaGirl

Laci

TO

Battman

APR

Van

Aplodder (Is she here?  She might be.)

OtterGoRun

Running is dumb.

delicate flower

I miss Radioactive Goop.  I didn't always appreciate his style, but I liked his running advice.

Good call.  He cracks me up. 

<3

Nevrgivup

LOL. This is what I do in my downtime. At first it was hard to come onto the forums initially with my injury, but this group and FB have helped me through it. 

I'm just glad most of the BF is here and its really feeling like home again. I used the forums mainly for socializing anyway. If I have a general question about running, I won't hesitate to venture out into the community.