Beginners and Beyond

Who is missing here that would really make the forums complete? (Read 927 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Interesting side note about that.  You'd think that threads saying "we're all over here", linking a different site, would get immediately taken down.

But they haven't.

There have been several threads devoted specifically to that.  And mentions in other threads.  In BF, NRR, Marathoners, Trail, etc.  They are all still there.  S*S is, weirdly, helping.  And being nice about it. (I'm overstating.  Really, she's just ignoring.)

OR.... conspiracy theory at work... at least in the case of NRR, they WANT "that culture" to bail.

That said, I dunno that it is "many" any more.  Some.  And some are posting in both places.  But it surely seems like "many" are here.

Or maybe they are not paying attention to non-spam and have not noticed?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mandy, bingo_jenn is a member.  Also, let's start working on your internet GF.  She'll eventually come in.  Or so I hope.

Damaris

happylily

What about David (Weezer)? Is he registered here? I know he's still starting the dailies over there, but I haven't seen him here. I did see Van here, though... I would hate for Striders to start running again and then look for us and not know what happened. Maybe someone could send a PM, or knows him on Facebook?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

David's here.

Damaris

Nevrgivup

David is a member.Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Susan (aplodder) is also here and has started a B&B Miles Game user group.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                    06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

xor

I don't recall for sure, but it seems like Van poked in and kind of didn't like the place.  I hope he comes back.

FlashBazinga, or whatever that guy's name was (I think he became "Jabberwocky" here) was another one who stated pretty clearly that he didn't like it here.  He's the guy that started the "good news... spam is gone there" thread.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't recall for sure, but it seems like Van poked in and kind of didn't like the place.  I hope he comes back.

FlashBazinga, or whatever that guy's name was (I think he became "Jabberwocky" here) was another one who stated pretty clearly that he didn't like it here.  He's the guy that started the "good news... spam is gone there" thread.

On the contrary, I think Van loved this place compared to RWOL.  But maybe he changed his mind?

Damaris

Nevrgivup

On the contrary, I think Van loved this place compared to RWOL.  But maybe he changed his mind?

Give it time. It took me a little while to warm up to it. Change is hard sometimes. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Baboon

delicate flower

What about that guy who coaches people from couch to BQ on 20 mpw in six months?  His input always kept things lively.  Smile 

<3

happylily

If they didn't like it at first and stated they were going back to RW, I understand. But I still hope that they change their mind and I hope to see them here. The door is, I hope, wide open for everyone.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

xor

Nah, I could totally have the story wrong.  There were bumps (perceived and real, some over-sensitive and others not so much) the first couple days.  I'm remembering, perhaps incorrectly, that he didn't dig that.  And, well, who would.  Even though that's how this stuff always goes.

ANYWAY. 

Come back, Shane! 

I was happy to see Lily.  And I was happy to see Eddie.  And I will be happy when Bob! gets here.  (He's busy with his job.)

I think Van may also  be busy with his job and that's why he is not posting very much.  I think he said his job was very busy a few weeks back.  I think that is why he has bowed out of running any challenges.

(I am not going to get into the Dizzy thing.  Suffice to say, mocking anyone isn't cool, but if you are going to mock me, at least post better race times than I do.)

I am also surprised RW has not pulled the threads about RA.  They were pretty militant about trying to suppress Runango.  And as far as it upsetting some of stalwarts over there, I always thought most runners liked competition.  So as long as people aren't doing the inviting in an obnoxious way, why be upset about an invitation to check out another running forum?  It's not like people who come here and establish an account then HAVE to leave RWOL.  You can post on both if you like. Some people act like a running forum is a marriage where you must pledge your loyalty to only one while forsaking others .... I just don't get it.

I'd love to see Laci (Lacer) 

Weezer, Dollarbill and AJ (Lexapotumus) were here briefly, I think, but I haven't seen them since.  Badger & Amanda.  Tigg.

All my old Grateful Tread drinking/running friends.

It would be great to have WCR posting.  And Bob!

It's not like people who come here and establish an account then HAVE to leave RWOL.  You can post on both if you like. Some people act like a running forum is a marriage where you must pledge your loyalty to only one while forsaking others .... I just don't get it.

Amen.

I see some of the same people at RWOL, here, dailymile, FB, etc. It's the interwebgoogles. It ain't that hard.