Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILY Penguins Turning Up the Heat (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) ShyShyShy

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.  Finally getting some heat in Midwest with a 65 DP already.  SRD #9 for me.  Running still outsourced to DW.   Hope the succorhea isn't too bad today, Scotty!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  16 with the last 4 fast just done.  Very nice run.

Damaris

5 miles done. Now cooling off with a grape Popsicle

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

From the Internet.

Morning all! SRD for me. Hanging out with a cup of coffee and contemplating having a second homemade English muffin - they were kind of labor intensive but way tastier/cheaper than the store-bought kind. Enjoy your Sunday!

Bin Running

6M done. A lazy day. Hope everyone have a great day!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6M done. A lazy day. Hope everyone have a great day!

Bin, those are synonymous.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I PRed my 10K this morning! oops...didn't exactly run easy! But it was a small race and I didn't want to be DFL. RR to come...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Kristin !!!  Looking forward to RR.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Morning folks (or afternoon).  Since I've already got more miles in than my plan calls for this week, I'm just going to run with P3 today.  Today's her long run, and it's one of the hottest days so far this summer.  We're going to aim for the least humid rather than the coolest part of the day, and see how that works out.  Also, we're going to work on hydration while running.  Nothing like trying to learn new things.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

tracilynn

Hello pengs

going to do some hiking today. Not sure what shoes to wear. Don't want to wear kinvaras. I guess I should wear my old support shoes but do I wear the arch support orthotic or not?? I don't know what to do as I don't have any neutral trail shoes.  i have chacos too not sure if I want to hike in those although people wear them hiking all the time.  Im dragging DH with me too which should be fun as he hates to sweat. Joking  Wuss.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

1:36:10!!! Good for a four minute pr. DD ran a 1:44 hardly trying and DW came in at 1:53. Now it's time to pack and we're off to Glacier.

Have a good day and see you in a week or so depending on the cell coverage).

tracilynn

Congrats jack. Super time!  Fast family!Cool

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

Morning Penguin friends!

Hey Jerry!

Damaris-- Great job on the 16!  And you sound like you're still happy!?!? WTF?!

T-rod-- What a nice way to cool down!

Lauren-- sounds like you're having a great Sunday!  I'm still trying to wrap my head around a homemade English muffin.

Bin-- good job on the miles.

Awood-- good luck on your hot run.  I don't envy you.  Let us know how it goes.

Tracilynn-- hope you and hubby have a great time!  Sweating will be good for him.

Jack-- AWESOME FAST JOB for your whole family!!!!!  You all are a bunch of athletes.  Nice, hefty PR for you.   Great pictures, too-- such a fit, attractive family.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay Jack!!!!!! Congrats to your whole family!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to