Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILY Penguins Turning Up the Heat (Read 25 times)

SheCan

Yesterday, once the afternoon cool down came, I ran a few more miles.  Today, I'm taking a rest day.  I haven't decide what I'm going to do for the rest of the day.  It just feels like I've been under such a dark cloud all week.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Jack and family.  Enjoy the Moose Drool and the rest of the trip.

GinnyinPA

Kristin and Jack - congratulations on the PRs.  I hope you'll do race reports so we can share the experience.

Cherie - sorry for the dark cloud feeling.  Hope your day gets better.

Jerry - I hope the rest is helping.  When do you see a doctor?

Damaris - good for you getting out so early and getting in your miles.

Tomas - a popsicle sounds like a nice way to cool down.

Lauren - I like English Muffins, but would never have thought of making them myself.  Enjoy your rest day.

Bin - not entirely lazy if you've already run six.

Awood - are you running in the evening then?  Good luck.

Traci - I'd skip the orthotic.  Just regular shoes should do.  Have a nice hike.

AFM:  Today's hot and humid (DP 72) so I'm going to try doing my LR on the TM.  I just need to figure out what music or video will work for that long, since I have a hard time hearing dialog over the noise of the machine.  Usually I do trail videos, with lots of lovely scenery, but they're only an hour or so - not 2 1/2 hours.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Why wouldn't I be happy?

Jack, congrats!

Morning Penguin friends!

Hey Jerry!

Damaris-- Great job on the 16!  And you sound like you're still happy!?!? WTF?!

T-rod-- What a nice way to cool down!

Lauren-- sounds like you're having a great Sunday!  I'm still trying to wrap my head around a homemade English muffin.

Bin-- good job on the miles.

Awood-- good luck on your hot run.  I don't envy you.  Let us know how it goes.

Tracilynn-- hope you and hubby have a great time!  Sweating will be good for him.

Jack-- AWESOME FAST JOB for your whole family!!!!!  You all are a bunch of athletes.  Nice, hefty PR for you.   Great pictures, too-- such a fit, attractive family.

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jack - That's one hell of a race time.  Excellent job.  I think it must be the mustache.  My job won't allow one, or I'd give it a shot.  Enjoy the rest of your vaca, and congratulations to the rest of the family too.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Why wouldn't I be happy?

I figured you'd be burning up!  Seriously though, glad you had such a good, long run.

Ginny-- Hope your day gets better.   Thank you, Ginny!  Smile

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

From the Internet.

Cherie/Ginny - I kept forgetting to buy them when I was at the store so yesterday I was finally like "oh hell, these can't be that hard to make!"  I ended up with 16 of 'em for maybe $1-2 worth of ingredients.

Congrats to you and the family Jack! You are FAST!

Zelanie

Morning!  6.2 done on dead legs.  Definitely feeling the last couple of weeks' jump in mileage.  Then again, I felt that way about 5 mile runs not too long ago.  I just can't wait until this distance feels "normal" again.

Huge congrats to Jack and family!

Jerry- It's good of DW that she's willing to run your miles for you!

D- Nice LR!

T-rod- Sounds delightful!

Lauren- Homemade English muffins sound really good!  It's funny, because they're not something I would have ever thought to make.

Bin- Your "lazy" day is still the same as my "challenging" day, hehe!

kristin- Congrats on the PR!

Awood- So today you're running in the name of science rather than miles. Smile

Traci- You've probably already gone, but I would wear the old shoes with the arch support.  I hike in shoes that are like a hiking boot, but low like a shoe.  Whatever you choose, I hope that you have a great time!

Cherie- I hope the RD is just what you need to get out from under that cloud.

Ginny- Good luck with the TM LR!  Could you put on the Tour de France?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

10K RR is up. Now to get ready for a wedding I am going to tonight!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Zel - This is correct.  The preliminary results are that P3 is going to do better running before the sun comes up regardless of the humidity.  I also think that we may need a treadmill before August...lol  I think she'll be able to handle it better by next summer, but she's from Washington and in the past summers has avoided outdoor situations in the summer.  I'm super proud of her for getting out there today and sticking it out.  I think a couple of shorter runs in the heat might help, but the majority of the miles for her should be when the sun is gone.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Zelanie

Well that is good to know then.  What did you guys figure out about water?  I'm still holding to my "no water for runs under 10 miles" rule, even in the summer, but I realized on my trail run that I should at least bring water for the dogs.  Along the river is fine because they get swim breaks.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

She's fine without water as long as there isn't excessive heat or direct sunlight.  If it is hot with direct sunlight, bring extra water for dumping on the head, neck and face Big grin

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Bin Running

Bin, those are synonymous.

In a way.. yes.. haa..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Jerry, any news from PT abt the hip?

Damaris, congrats on 16M...

Tomas, sound like a great way to end a run.. I have been having an iced sugar cane with lemon at the end of my LR.. The fruity sourness helps a lot...

Lauren, go on and have that 2nd muffin...

Kristin, congrats.. waiting for that RR..

Awood, another good mileage week.. I am envy.. Camelbak? or..

Traci, how did the hiking goes?

Jack, you rock the HM... 4min PR?! The headband and moustche def works its magic.. Congrats to your family..

Cherie, cheer up! Enjoy the RD..

Ginny, Discovery or Nat Geo is my go to video.. headphone shld helps?

Mel, the normal feeling will come.. Congrats on the 10K

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They are so horrible to run with in hot and humid weather! I hate them.

Damaris