Beginners and Beyond

Throwback ThursDAILIES (Read 46 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning. I'm running a little behind today. I've got a demo in about 12 minutes. Smile I overslept a little, so my 5 mile run turned in to 4.1 miles. Have a great day everyone, I'll stop by later.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Why are we running so damn early?

Tempo done @ 6:30, 6:26, 6:24. It was my first run in my sweet new Hitogamis.

I work from home today so I start work at 8am and don't have to wake up at 6am, so I have 2 hours to run.  Score!

Only time I can do this.

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  Nice perspective, LRB.  It's good to remember that we are all out there to challenge ourselves and for a personal accomplishment, because last time I checked there are only a few of out there actually winning our races! 

For me, I like to have a medal for a race that's an important personal accomplishment or one that I'd like to remember for some special reason.  The problem is, one person's big f'ing deal is somebody else's jog in the park, so it's really hard to say.  I'd have liked to have had a finisher medal for my first 5K, for example.  Nowadays, I like to get AG awards for the shorter races, because they're the only ones I have a shot at them in. Smile  If I ever get to the point where I can just show up and expect to place in my AG, day in and day out, then those will probably not be as exciting anymore for me.  But I'm happy there available for the people they're meaningful for.

I guess the thing that IS important to me is that the race information page has info about what awards are being given out, so that I can make that decision when I'm signing up knowing what I'm getting into and what the entry fee might be going towards.

As for me, time to finish cleaning out my classroom so that I can finally be done for the summer!  Of course I have a meeting all morning, who scheduled that?

I'm really happy with my MP run last night.  I posted late that those were the part of the plan that I was the most worried about, but also why I picked the plan.  I really don't have any experience running at MP, or what it should feel like, and I wanted the practice.

7 easy for me tonight.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wooohoooo!  Nice run/walk this morning.  Up at 5 a.m. this morning and went to Fort Sam Houston to do my miles in 'the soup' this morning - - thunderstorms threatening today, so the air was really thick.  77 degrees at 5:30 am, with a 'feels like' time of 82, humidity at 80 percent, dew-point at 74.   Never-the-less I kicked butt.  I guess my hot after-work running in the 'feels like 90+" weather carries over because when I run in the morning and the temp is only 77, in spite of the humidity and dew-point I feel great when I'm out there in the mornings, like my body is saying..'ehh, this weather is nothing after the 90+ stuff!"  I had planned for about 3 this morning but was feeling so good I extended it for a bit more and ended up with 3.6.  I probably would've gone a bit farther than even that, but time was pressing and I had to get my butt into the shower and get dressed and get to work.  Nice run/walk and I even met a couple of doggies along the way that were out in their yards and gave them some treats.   I am glad I did run this morning because now San Antonio Weather Guy is reporting we may get some really bad thunderstorms this afternoon.

Oh, and Gail and I did not go to weight training last night.  We forgot it was the night of the riverboat parade for the San Antonio Spurs along the Riverwalk, in celebration of their 5th NBA Championship,  followed by a huge party open to the public at the Alamodome Stadium where the Spurs used to play (they now play in the AT&T Center).  So we enjoyed that instead.  Wow, Alamodome was PACKED with about 75,000 cheering, happy fans.  Standing room only!   Even with the A/C, a little warm in there.  But, as Coach Popovich of the Spurs shouted out.."The Spurs and their fans don't mind a little "HEAT" do we?"  That got a big cheer, lol.  Nice party! A good time was had by all.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

What is the 2012 medal lying on? A computer on its side?

Yes, it is a desk top computer so technically it is sitting on its bottom?  Although it can sit tower style as well.

D2 the '84 medal is sitting on a desk that does have a formica type surface.

BP it is a little bigger than a quarter but not as big as a 50 cent piece (do they have those in Canada?).  If you look closely you can see my finger tips holding the ribbon.

Another busy day for me.  I will be back to play some more when as time allows!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice medals, LRB.

Good luck with the 90+ run today, Mitch.   Keep a small towel in the car to wipe face, neck, etc, after you run, it helps.  I put a couple in a cooler with some ice packs and stow that in the car......those cold towels feel soooooo good after a hot-weather run!

Nice running route, Lurch!  Well, tell your brother if he doesn't start exercising he might soon get a medal of his own....a pacemaker....

Lily all the miles you've put in recently, I think you earned a few days off and it won't hurt you in the least.  Enjoy!

I like this getting-out-of-work-before 8:00 business!  Meaghan is that 8 a.m. or 8 pm?  Wow...8 a.m. would make for a very short work day!

Yeah, Step...don't mess with lightning!  Lighting bad!  Dressed and ready to run and you see lightning?  Sit!  Stay!   Good girl!     Good luck with your abs program!

Nice running for you D2.  Mabye you should do a run pllan of running for 3 weeks and then take a week off, run 3 weeks, take a week off...

You have a demo, Andrew?  You're going to blow up something? 

Congrats on your MP run, Zelanie, and good luck with your miles tonite.  Happy summer for you!  Nice to be finally done for the year, right?

Happy Friday for you B-Plus!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

Yes, it is a desk top computer so technically it is sitting on its bottom?  Although it can sit tower style as well.

D2 the '84 medal is sitting on a desk that does have a formica type surface.

BP it is a little bigger than a quarter but not as big as a 50 cent piece (do they have those in Canada?).  If you look closely you can see my finger tips holding the ribbon.

Another busy day for me.  I will be back to play some more when as time allows!

Ya we have those and much like in the US, you mostly see them in coin collections. Ours is only slightly larger than a 1/4. Not that I use cash much anymore, but I've always thought that we should us 50 cent pieces instead of 1/4s.

As a wise Baboon often says, today is my Friday!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Morning all - cool old medal.

13 done - 74 dewpoint - slay me now...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice medals, LRB.

Good luck with the 90+ run today, Mitch.   Keep a small towel in the car to wipe face, neck, etc, after you run, it helps.  I put a couple in a cooler with some ice packs and stow that in the car......those cold towels feel soooooo good after a hot-weather run!

Nice running route, Lurch!  Well, tell your brother if he doesn't start exercising he might soon get a medal of his own....a pacemaker....

Lily all the miles you've put in recently, I think you earned a few days off and it won't hurt you in the least.  Enjoy!

I like this getting-out-of-work-before 8:00 business!  Meaghan is that 8 a.m. or 8 pm?  Wow...8 a.m. would make for a very short work day!

Yeah, Step...don't mess with lightning!  Lighting bad!  Dressed and ready to run and you see lightning?  Sit!  Stay!   Good girl!     Good luck with your abs program!

Nice running for you D2.  Mabye you should do a run pllan of running for 3 weeks and then take a week off, run 3 weeks, take a week off...

You have a demo, Andrew?  You're going to blow up something? 

Congrats on your MP run, Zelanie, and good luck with your miles tonite.  Happy summer for you!  Nice to be finally done for the year, right?

Happy Friday for you B-Plus!

Did you just Damarize me?

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I had a nice little 6 mile tempo run with a 20 minute push at 7:02 pace. I have a 5k this Saturday. I just signed up on a whim and have absolutely no clue how I'm going to do. Should be interesting...

Now I have some World Cup and "Fargo" to watch. Our TV will get a good workout today. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yesterday I ordered Daniels' Running Formula-3rd Edition on Amazon.ca. Since there is free shipping on orders 25$ and up, I also ordered Anatomy for Runners: Unlocking Your Athletic Potential for Health, Speed, and Injury Prevention. Dunno if that second book will be any good...

When you read the second one, please let me know if you liked it.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Cool medals.  I bet marathons were a very different experience back then.

I've got 11 miles planned today.  I overslept and missed my weather window, so I've got the treadmill to look forward to this afternoon.  I've got a couple of episodes of American Ninja Warrior taped (total guilty pleasure), so that should help pass the time.

Damaris -- I'm still up in the air about SF.  I'd say its 75/25 that i will do it, but I'm going to wait until after the Hernia Hill Half on 7/5 before making a final decision.  If I feel to beat up after that, I may have to bag it so I can be ready for CIM training.  I'm hopeful tho, that I can pull everything off.

Life is good.

LRB

Speaking of sleep or lack thereof, I am running on fumes and have an hour of red cord slated to begin at 1:00.  Someone just shoot me now and get it over with.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hi Dailies.

I had a nice little 6 mile tempo run with a 20 minute push at 7:02 pace. I have a 5k this Saturday. I just signed up on a whim and have absolutely no clue how I'm going to do. Should be interesting...

Now I have some World Cup and "Fargo" to watch. Our TV will get a good workout today. Smile

Nice running Jack!

I finished watching the finale last night. I'm a bit mixed on it. I'll see what you think tomorrow.

- Andrew

Hip Redux

Anatomy for runners is a great book.