Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Objects in mirror are further than they appear (Read 35 times)

LRB

Yo baby, yo baby, yo!

I am panning to hit the pavement here soon for a short run before work, where the current temperature is allegedly 47 degrees.  I say allegedly because I will believe it when I feel it.

What about you.  Are you running, walking, stalking or just talking today?  If you are stalking raise your hand, all others speak up!

StepbyStep-SH

I was up early, but no running. I'm taking today as my SRD because I have two extra kidlets - a friend is having some outpatient surgery and dropped her boys off at 5 a.m. I plan to take all three (DS+2) to the YMCA later today and might attempt some laps while they are playing in the pool.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Step, enjoy your day with the boys!

LRB, I hope you had a good run.

It's snowing hard, here. But not too cold.

I have some easy miles tonight, 10 or 12, or more. I'll decide when the time comes. I might also add some hills, as I haven't done any so far this week.

Have a good day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ran at Fort Sam Houston yesterday after work.  Did my "Dog Alley" route through the family housing area, which made me stop a lot as I gave treats to my canine pals.  Probably a good thing because it got warmer than expected.  Supposed to be a nice 83 degrees, but instead shot up to 87 degrees with the dew-point in the middle 60s.  My first high 80s run/walk since last September. I was sluggish the first mile, but then found my Texas Spring Mojo and did my remaining couple of miles pretty strongly.  Dang, I gotta get re-acclimatized again to the upcoming heat for Texas summer.

I am pretty good at guessing my distance from my pace and my finish time and I guessed I did about 3.2 mile.  I went back and drove the route I did and found out I'd actually done 3.3 miles, so  my guesstimate was pretty close, nice.

Today is a rest day and then tomorrow morning I have a 5K at San Antonio SeaWorld. The route does take us through the park, which is nice.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope your alleged 47 degrees works out for you, LRB, that is a heat wave for you these days!

Happy day with the 3 boys, Step!

Snowing hard....dang, Lily...Mother Nature must really hate Canada!  What did y'all do to her?      Good luck with your miles later!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 6 miles in this morning, 53 degrees and I wish I had worn my shorts but alas I went with capris.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Happy Friday and listen up now I ran 16 miles in the last 14 hours and here is my recap summary!

9 miles last night.

7 miles this morning.

<3

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your run.

Shari, I hope that your friend will be OK. Have fun swimming.

Lily, enjoy your easy run.

scottydawg, have a pleasant, well-earned rest day. Good luck tomorrow!

FreeSoul87, beautiful six with Rocky.

Phil, nice doubling.

I slept a little this morning, so, no run. I'll do six after work, plus ab work and push-ups

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 with 10 X 100m strides tonight.  First "speed" workout since forever.

Damaris

LRB

I am panning to hit the pavement here soon for a short run before work, where the current temperature is allegedly 47 degrees.  I say allegedly because I will believe it when I feel it.

Well I'll be dammed! 

It was incredibly windy but all I had on was shorts, a singlet, arm sleeves and light gloves.  It was a really nice and smooth run, so much so that I barely broke a sweat.

5 easy done, now it's time to eat shit up! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can honestly say that I can't wait to be sweating again.

Well I'll be dammed! 

It was incredibly windy but all I had on was shorts, a singlet, arm sleeves and light gloves.  It was a really nice and smooth run, so much so that I barely broke a sweat.

5 easy done, now it's time to eat shit up! 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wait, there are times when people DON'T sweat while running?

Damaris

happylily

I sweat a lot during every one of my runs and I still end up freezing. Why? 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I haven't really sweated during this winter, or at least it doesn't feel like freaking sweat damn it. The only time I notice is when the salt dries up on my face, at least during temps above 55 I know I am sweating.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Why do you still end up freezing? Or why do I want to be sweating again?

I sweat a lot during every one of my runs and I still end up freezing. Why? 

PRs