Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies (Read 19 times)

DavePNW

8 miles. Headed to the airport later for a business trip. I sort of tweaked my back again this morning; hopefully not too badly, nothing 4.5 hours in an airplane seat won’t fix. 

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Dave - good luck with the flight & your back.

SRD for me.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

RD for me. My Achilles is not happy today all of a sudden. Not why I have an RD but I wanted to whine.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'm still seeking my mojo but today I ran 10k

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

sdWhiskers

3 miles

No back pain thank god because I have a 2 + 11 hour flight tomorrow. West coast is the best coast, until you fly to Europe. Just need to get through an 8am-8pm workday first  

sdWhiskers

RD for me. My Achilles is not happy today all of a sudden. Not why I have an RD but I wanted to whine.

That's what we're here for!

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles. Today's run excitement was an apartment fire. Two firetrucks already there. Hoses stretched across the road. I had debated a different loop, but skipped it for that. Right after I passed by, I heard firefighters screaming at a school bus that decided to turn on the road and try to drive over the hoses. Hopefully poplice showoed up shortly to block the road.

DavePNW, hope the back is nothing serious.

Docket, hopefully the rest day resolves whatever the achilles issue is.

BerthaSlayer, nice 10k.

sdWhiskers, that's a lot of time in a plane.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was weird because after my LR on Saturday, I had some Achilles soreness; then it went away by the time I ran Sunday, Monday and Tuesday went fine too. Then at 1am this morning when I woke up to go pee for the first time of I'm sure many (damn old age) it was hurting and hasn't gone away since. 

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  I slept in, then hit the roads for a 23 mile ride mid-morning.  There were 4-5 construction areas I had to navigate...not sure what was up with that this morning.  Two roads being milled and paved, one area where a sidewalk is being put in, and a couple of tree cutting areas that had one lane closed.

I have a presentation to give in 20 minutes that's been stressing me out.  I'll be happy when I'm through it.  It was supposed to be a in-person presentation that's been moved to Teams, so at least that should make it easier.

<3

Workday 30 min pool mix warmup (pool run, back and breast)… have done that for months

… and No chores😎

DavePNW

No back pain thank god because I have a 2 + 11 hour flight tomorrow. West coast is the best coast, until you fly to Europe. Just need to get through an 8am-8pm workday first  

Ugh. We'll need more details than that though. Destination? Business or pleasure?

When I went for my annual physical several weeks ago, I told my doc about my back pain flareups, and he gave me a prescription for meloxicam, an NSAID that's heavier-duty than ibuprofen. I took one this morning, so we'll see if it does anything. Nothing yet, but I think it's the kind of thing that has to get in your system for a while before you feel an effect. I did feel sleepy later, but that's not a known side-effect, so I guess it was just normal sleepiness. I am skeptical, because historically with bad flareups the only thing that's ever helped dull the pain was opioids. The good news is I got upgraded to first class, so the seat is a bit more comfy than it would have been otherwise.

Dave

sdWhiskers

The good news is I got upgraded to first class, so the seat is a bit more comfy than it would have been otherwise.

Yes!!!!

We're heading to Switzerland for almost 2 weeks. Not work related. Visiting a friend from grad school that lives there and plan to do a lot of hiking. Not crazy hiking because, while Kid is super fit, he is still only 10. DH has taken the lead with all the planning (along with our friend) so I'm not entirely sure of our exact plans.

We kept talking about taking this trip...waiting for Kid to be the "perfect" age, etc...but realized, especially after the terrible death of my dad last year, to just do these things.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yes!!!!

We're heading to Switzerland for almost 2 weeks. Not work related. Visiting a friend from grad school that lives there and plan to do a lot of hiking. Not crazy hiking because, while Kid is super fit, he is still only 10. DH has taken the lead with all the planning (along with our friend) so I'm not entirely sure of our exact plans.

We kept talking about taking this trip...waiting for Kid to be the "perfect" age, etc...but realized, especially after the terrible death of my dad last year, to just do these things.

You can always make use of the ski lifts to avoid most of the strenuous climbing.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.