Beginners and Beyond

Not Quite Friday Thursdailies (Read 44 times)

LRB

Then you've never really trained for a 5K.

I am actually in the process of trying something like that.

Cyberic

I am actually in the process of trying something like that.

Cyberic

1 mile WU + 3 miles Tempo + 1/2 mile jog + 4 x (190m R w/190m jg) + 1 mile CD

B-Plus

Steal office supplies.

Phone everyone you know who is long distance.

B-Plus

Your progression runs are a sight to stalk behold.

It's almost go-time!

LRB

Phone everyone you know who is long distance.

BCR (before cell phones) there was actually a such thing as the long distance police. I remember moms storming through the house after she got the bill screaming, "WHO IN THE HELL CALLED TOLEDO OHIO?!". Um, it must have been you or dad ma 'cuz none of us kids know anyone there. lol

LRB

It's almost go-time!

Have you begun the insanity of obsessing over the weather yet?

From the Internet.

Then you've never really trained for a 5K.

Next spring I will! :P I'm still at the early point in my running career where I could train for and PR the 5K off of relatively low mileage.

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around trusting the process and the taper and all that - with a 5K I might do workouts that add up to more than 5K of fast running total and that's very mentally reassuring to me. Doesn't happen so much with the half!

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.3 on completely dead legs. I wasn't going to run today, but today was the 1 day of spring weather for the week, 70 degrees and sunny. I *had* to get outside in shorts & short sleeves. Tomorrow and Saturday there may be some snow flurries flying around.

Did upper body weights and core when I got home.

I remembered today why I rarely go to Whole Foods. They have a cookie kiosk in the store. They added giant cake balls to the selection. Not something I should walk by before lunch. And that would be part of why I ran on dead legs today, needed to work off the sampling of cookies & other treats.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Next spring I will! :P I'm still at the early point in my running career where I could train for and PR the 5K off of relatively low mileage.

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around trusting the process and the taper and all that - with a 5K I might do workouts that add up to more than 5K of fast running total and that's very mentally reassuring to me. Doesn't happen so much with the half!

I'm not sure what it says, but all my PRs from the mile to the marathon were all set off virtually the same training. Imagine during marathon type mileage with mile type speed work.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I'm not sure what it says...

It says that you were on another level yo!

Oh, and my question regarding the tax day filing deadline has been answered.

If April 15 falls on a Sunday, apparently there is a holiday celebrated in the DC area on the 16th called Emancipation Day, which in that case would be observed Monday. That would push the tax deadline to the 17th.

The deadline was also the 18th one year but I cannot recall how that was explained to me.

onemile

I ran 5 with the Bruno. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I feel like crap  Ate lunch from Subway for the first time in 2 months this afternoon and I haven't felt well since  I am hoping and praying I feel better by morning, because I really don't want to run while feeling like this.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pilates and 4 miles with hubby.

Damaris

B-Plus

Have you begun the insanity of obsessing over the weather yet?

No, not yet. It seemed pretty warm during my run today though. When's your first race of the year?