Beginners and Beyond

Getting the Thursdailies Started (Read 35 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences.

So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Since no one seems to start stuff early anymore I will before I go run

Marjorie

LRB

Good morning!

I am gonna drive to work and run there in a bit.  At the moment though, I am just sittin' here getting jizzed up, doing what I do.

Good morning, everyone!

Marjorie, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your run.

Rick, have a pleasant run.

I stayed on the phone for too long last night. So, I slept in a bit.

runninggirl30

Hey peeps  Smile

just 2-3 on the TM this morning.  Busy day ahead and I have to work tonight.....ugh.  We had rain and thunderstorms here last night and 2 of my kids came down in the middle of the night.  One of them slept on the couch and the other climbed into bed with us.  I didn't even know she was there until she started talking in her sleep.....something about the swing at the playground Smile

Jay716-  yes the Erie County Fair!  Woo Hoo Smile  Are you doing the race?

delicate flower

Good morning and I am on vacation!  I've got the next 8 days off, and 10 of the next 12.  Ahhhhhhh.  So I'm sitting here sipping coffee, eagerly awaiting my 8:00 oil change appointment.  I've got big plans today:

-Oil change

-Grocery store

-Gym (PT plus TM)

-Clean the house

-Pack for our weekend trip to Martha's Vineyard

Tomorrow the MBC and I are hitting the outlets en route to the Vineyard.  What's important to note is that there are Asics, Saucony, New Balance, Under Armour, and Nike outlets there.

5K Saturday.

BTW, 8.3 miles on a hilly route yesterday at 8:23 pace, absolutely obliterating my previous best on that route, which was 9:44 pace.  I can't figure out how or why I am running so damn well but I am soaking it in.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 through a nice neighborhood by the hotel. Almost got lost but found the road back to the bridge to get across the busy road. With my little detour I didn't need to run the small neighborhood by the hotel so it all worked out.

Marjorie

DavePNW

6.26 this morning.

Baboon, how can I get me one of those bionic knees? (I guess destroy the old one first?)

Dave

Zelanie

Morning!  Up early with a sick puppy.  She has been getting gradually worse since yesterday.  Luckily she already has a vet appointment for this afternoon.  I have to work this morning, so hopefully she can hang on until then.

In other news, I plan to run 6 miles after my evening shift.

LRB

6.26 this morning.

Nice!  Steady as she goes.

I got in 7.6 including about 9 strides.  I wore a lime green and black outfit and felt Bad Ass the entire run.  It's funny how new gear makes you feel faster!

Hip Redux

BTW, 8.3 miles on a hilly route yesterday at 8:23 pace, absolutely obliterating my previous best on that route, which was 9:44 pace.  I can't figure out how or why I am running so damn well but I am soaking it in.

I wonder if the time off + crosstraining helped?!?   Or you are just superhuman.

I woke up feeling no worse than usual, so good stuff (it's sad when "not worse" is a good sign).   PT this afternoon.   This will be my eighth trip to PT in 5 years.   Neck, knee, back, neck, back, knee, back, groin.     My husband says I should keep a therapist on retainer.

DavePNW

I woke up feeling no worse than usual, so good stuff (it's sad when "not worse" is a good sign).   PT this afternoon.   This will be my eighth trip to PT in 5 years.   Neck, knee, back, neck, back, knee, back, groin.     My husband says I should keep a therapist on retainer.

Not Worse = Better. I think? I am currently in "not worse" mode myself. If it remains in its current state, it is uncomfortable but manageable. Hard to know how quickly/slowly to build back up, to make continued progress without re-aggravating it.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

I'm jealous Phil. Sounds like you're in for a great time.

This morning was an Easy 5.3 miles. Last night I stocked up on some Clif chews. They are more expensive than I remember. I think I need to settle on a flavor that I like and buy a box on sale somewhere. Smile Ah heck, I only use them on my LRs, and I only have 7 of those left until my FM. Hopefully my current stash gets me through this training period.

Today is crazy meeting day, where 6 of my 8 work hours contain meetings. Yay me.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Thursday!   Morning running for me is becoming a habit, as the San Antonio temp yesterday hit 103 and today we are predicted to get to 104.   I was up at 4:30 a.m, at the Y by 5:15 a.m. and on the road for my run/walk by 5:30 a.m.  I did 3.5 miles of hills this morning.  Temp was a 'cool' 79 degrees already, dewpoint of 73, and humidity in the 80 percentile.  My biggest hill, about 1/2 mile long, was right across from the entrance of the San Antonio Zoo. The hill road has the Japanese Sunken Gardens on one side of it and just brushland on the other side of the road.  It's kinda creepy up there in the dark that early in the morning.    As I ran up the road, suddenly this 4-legged 'black' thing ran across the road right in front of me, scaring the bejeebies out of me.  I'm thinking it was a stray dog (I hope!), maybe a coyote, but after watching Lon Chaney last night in an old-time werewolf movie, this was certainly good timing, lol.  And it didn't help that after the whatever-thing went into the brush, I then heard something crashing through the brush to my right, like it was keeping parallel to me as I ran up the road. Talk about incentive to run up the hill faster!  I think I ran up that hill in record time for me, lol.  The top of the hill got me to 'civilization' again, the Trinity University campus, and the rest of my run/walk was thankfully uneventful.

Holidays for August 8: National Zucchini Day, National Frozen Custard Day (neither of which I like), Odie Day (as in, Garfield's pal), and Happiness Day...so be Happy!

zucchini cartoons, zucchini cartoon, zucchini picture, zucchini pictures, zucchini image, zucchini images, zucchini illustration, zucchini illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry for my lateness, but since I work from home today, I ran 13 miles this morning, then came and am currently working from home.  Listening to the court on the phone as my matter is the last on the calendar, bah!

More miles later with hubby if his shin allows.

Damaris