Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: A little of anything won't hurt you (Read 39 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Klompus, sorry for the injury woes.  It sucks, no doubt.

Brr, that's terrible about your coworker.  That poor family.

BTW, regarding this thread title, I disagree.  A little VX will most certainly end your life (a dose the size of pin head).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VX_(nerve_agent)

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LRB my hygienist is always amazed because I'm very good on flossing twice a day. She says that is very rare. She always says, "it is just string!"  Dh, after all these years of not flossing regularly, got hit with a super deep cleaning appointment. He is now flossing twice a day and using the listerine. It took 50 years but he learned his lesson. He doesn't want to go through that again. The deep clean then two weeks later going back for the regular cleaning. I never thought I'd see the day of him flossing everyday (and using Listerine too.  I'm amazed).

Scotty ouch on the shot. Good it helps, though.

Marjorie

LRB

LRB my hygienist is always amazed because I'm very good on flossing twice a day. She says that is very rare. She always says, "it is just string!"  Dh, after all these years of not flossing regularly, got hit with a super deep cleaning appointment. He is now flossing twice a day and using the listerine. It took 50 years but he learned his lesson. He doesn't want to go through that again. The deep clean then two weeks later going back for the regular cleaning. I never thought I'd see the day of him flossing everyday (and using Listerine too.  I'm amazed).

Yeah I have heard about those but thankfully have not needed one, it is hilarious though that it took that to learn his ass.  lol

I do not know what it is called exactly, but I used to hate when they measured my gum pockets (the depth of the gum opening?).  It s not bad now but the was a time there where they were calling out crooked numbers, especially in my back molars.

LRB

BTW, regarding this thread title, I disagree.  A little VX will most certainly end your life (a dose the size of pin head).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VX_(nerve_agent)

What the hell are you doing with that on your long runs?

DavePNW

LRB my hygienist is always amazed because I'm very good on flossing twice a day.

I have never heard of flossing twice a day. But I am pretty religious about flossing every night, I can't go to bed without it. And so far it has paid off with my gum health, knock wood. Full credit to DW's incessant nagging strong encouragement. I never flossed before we met, but her father was a dentist & her sister is one, so she takes it pretty seriously.

Anyway I ended up running at lunchtime after dropping DW at the airport. Original plan was 10 w/7@GMP, which is usually 2wu/1cd. However my first warmup mile was nearly GMP already so I just jumped into it after that, and ended up with 9 total. The last 2 of the 7 were actually ~GMP-20, so in fact the entire 9 ended up averaging at GMP. Despite being hotter & sunnier than my usual early AM runs, I was able to get into a faster groove much more quickly. In the morning it seems to take me forever to warm up. Do other people see that difference in morning vs daytime/evening runs?

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dave I have a few crowns. The dentist told me to make sure to floss around them several times a day. idk. I just do it. Doesn't take long and means I haven't had anything big dental wise since doing that. I will keep doing it. Smile.

Yep LRB. It did learn his ass for sure. And no one likes when they probe the gum line to see if the gum is receding. It sucks.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning/Afternoon!

Probably another RD for me today. I may get up early tomorrow and do something like 5 miles just so I can keep my streak going of running twice a week.

I found out this morning that we lost a coworker yesterday. Her car was hit by a semi at an intersection. Apparently some one failed to yield. I didn't know her too well, but I found out that she's leaving 5 kids and a husband behind. She was 36. It sort of hit me hard because of the kids; since I just had one. It's another reminder that you need to live each day to its fullest, and love those around you.

That is so sad.  My heart goes out to her family.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 on the TM.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, no running for me tonight. Took Dorian and Rocky to the riverfront around 5:30 PM, it started raining cats and dogs, and the wind was just crazy so we headed back home. I had planned on going out later, but on the way home my Tahoe decided to be a bitch - the RPMs started going down, even as I was trying to reach 50 mph, then the engine died and came back on but my battery showed very low power, so I along with Dorian and Rocky were stranded on a highway of 60 mph but drivers going 65-80 mph in a downpour - needless to say I was frightened for the safety of my son and my dog. Called a tow truck, waited for my mom to come grab us and wait for the tow truck and while we were sitting in her van a very large semi didn't move over into the other lane and right after he passed us the end of his trail swung out towards the right..... had it done that while passing us it would have hooked my mom's van and drug us along. People are so inconsiderate! Even in a downpour people weren't bothering to get over, instead coming slightly closer to us.

Anyways, got the tahoe back at the shop, and am back home now.... so I'll make tomorrow's 5 a 6 and Saturday's 3 a 4.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, sorry, Andrea.  Glad to hear you're back home with everyone safe and sound.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

(4)x10 min @ ass pace in 98F and 63 dewpoint done...

10 total miles...

Definitely did not! Feel like superman ... more like Arthur from The Tick...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks, I am too.

Ugh, sorry, Andrea.  Glad to hear you're back home with everyone safe and sound.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)