Beginners and Beyond

Saturday-Slacker Dailies (Read 38 times)

Cyberic

Congrats on a great time D2. You and lily eat at the same restaurants before your races?

LRB

lol

LRB

It's 34 degrees FFS.

I switched bands on my 410 this morning to fit around them big stupid gloves I will now be forced to wear.

happylily

Congrats on a great time D2. You and lily eat at the same restaurants before your races?

LOL...

Dave, you did great! Men's open standard is no small feat! I share your irritation regarding the pit stops, though. We deserve better!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

BTW, I'm in the middle of a 10 miler, at mile 6.8 specifically. I had to make a bathroom break.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey everyone!

Apparently there was something wrong with the tracking system, everyone was complaining.

Didn't get my sub-3, poo monster got me.  But even with two pit stops, I still hit my B goal and ran a ten minute PR and open BQ'd with a 3:04:04 (on my watch, official time should be close to that).  I'll do a full RR later, heading home now.

Congratulations!

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks everyone!  I was on pace for a solid sub-3 too, I averaged 6:46/mile until I had to stop at mile 20.  Another race, without GI issues, and I'll get my sub-3.  Probably MCM next year. I'm still going to stick to my plan and focus on the 5k for the first half of next year. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

Thanks everyone!  I was on pace for a solid sub-3 too, I averaged 6:46/mile until I had to stop at mile 20.  Another race, without GI issues, and I'll get my sub-3.  Probably MCM next year. I'm still going to stick to my plan and focus on the 5k for the first half of next year. Smile

That is a smart plan. You now have an awesome foundation to build on and next year a sub-3:00 will be a piece of cake for you.

I finally ran a feel good 10 miles! A perfect progression run: From 8:30 pace all the way down to 7:25, average overall pace of 7:59. Just one small break somewhere in there.  It didn't feel "easy", but it didn't feel hard either. I like runs like that.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Just finished a bit ago as I waited until after puppy pool

Marjorie

B-Plus

I switched bands on my 410 this morning to fit around them big stupid gloves I will now be forced to wear.

I think I need thicket gloves, cuz my regular band is fine.

B-Plus

Sorry Dave. But that is a huge PR and awesome job with the open BQ. Congrats!

That is a smart plan. You now have an awesome foundation to build on and next year a sub-3:00 will be a piece of cake for you.

+1

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job.  How are you feeling now?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No hostilities LRB, but you need a spanking

Congrats Dave!! Sorry about the poo monster.

Got home at 11 and we went straight out for breakfast, now I have a fucked up headache that started during the 2nd loop and now it is wosre so I will be napping for a while.

Definitely felt heavy legged during the race but I think I PR'd for the 15k..... 1:23:31 so It wouldn't be a big one. I got 2nd place in women out of two women...pooh, 6th out of 10 overall but I really wanted to take it easier thant that, oh well it was fun. Night y'all.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey everyone!

Apparently there was something wrong with the tracking system, everyone was complaining.

Didn't get my sub-3, poo monster got me.  But even with two pit stops, I still hit my B goal and ran a ten minute PR and open BQ'd with a 3:04:04 (on my watch, official time should be close to that).  I'll do a full RR later, heading home now.

Sorry about the PM  but that is a hell of an effort.  Great job, D2!!

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

10.5 miles for me.  7:48 avg pace.  Did 4 miles at GMP.  Feeling good!

<3