Beginners and Beyond

SUSPECT IDENTIFIED (Read 244 times)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

The more I think about it, the more it seems to be just general frustration with life in the US, not something religious or political.  It's sad but not uncommon that some people choose to resolve their frustration in this barbaric way.

His dad is quoted as saying that if his son is killed, then all hell will break loose. Nice.

Link

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Hip Redux

His dad is quoted as saying that if his son is killed, then all hell will break loose. Nice.

Link

He's in complete denial.   I don't imagine many parents would react well to hearing their sons were killed by police, at least not until they can fully accept that they were, in fact, the terrorists.

DavePNW

oh yeah it was that movie about how Canadians and Americans got some people out of Iran. Didn't really want to see that for some reason. Thanks for confirming that it was (would be) boring.

The movie was awesome. No they did not do what you said, but another seemingly harebrained scheme that actually worked. (Spoiler alert!)

Canadians have a (legitimate) beef with the movie in that their country's role was completely downplayed. It showed the Americans as masterminding the whole thing, with Canada just trying to not get in the way. When in reality it was closer to the opposite. (Also the Brits & Kiwis were portrayed as unwilling to get involved, when in fact they did help.)

DW & I greatly enjoyed it, then read the real story afterwards. It is amazing that it is based in any way on something that actually happened.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Dave

DavePNW

Link

Um, has he not been watching the news, or didn't that already happen?

Dave

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Father is also quoted saying that his young one is an angel.

http://rt.com/news/chechnya-suspect-boston-bombing-110/

FWIW, his Russian facebook equivalent page says his personal priority was "Career and money".  Asshole.

http://vk.com/id160300242

Hip Redux

They've evacuated UMass Dartmouth - which is about an hour outside of the city.   One of the brothers was enrolled there, I guess.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

White cap was.

They've evacuated UMass Dartmouth - which is about an hour outside of the city.   One of the brothers was enrolled there, I guess.

Damaris

RSX

I made it to work. I have too much to do as I have been sick this week (rare for me). My home is 2 miles away from everything, and after seeing enough cars go down my street, I gave it a shot. Traffic was light and I didn't head their way. Their mom has a mug shot from stealing at a popular mall in the area.

Hip Redux

CNN is breaking down white caps Twitter feed - apparently he referenced "Claritin" and "Finding Nemo" in some tweets since the marathon.

Riveting stuff, here, folks.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

ah, the banality of evil.

MrNamtor

Their mom has a mug shot from stealing at a popular mall in the area.

Well everyone has that. I'm smiling in mine.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well everyone has that. I'm smiling in mine.

Not me, when I was a klepto in my teens I never got caught.... not bragging though, stealing is bad.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RSX

Another kid and I were caught in Watertown once as lads with a whopping total of 2 firecrackers and were brought into the police station where they made him rat out his supplier. No mugshot though. They just did a press conference and said that the town could be locked down for 2 more days.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I led a boring life since I don't have one.  Sigh.

Damaris