Beginners and Beyond

SUSPECT IDENTIFIED (Read 244 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Digusting.  To leave a bag with explosives right besides an 8 year old kid, knowing pretty soon you're going to kill him by the actions you made.  Ugh.

They think they found two suspects based on photos.  They compared photos of the bomb debris (bomb and backpacks) to photos of two guys' activity near the bomb sites.  The guys were carrying the bags and then they weren't.  The bags looked like they could theoretically be holding pressure cookers, based on the shape and sag (good, closeup photos).  The bags they were carrying matched the photo of the exploded bag that's been found.  In one photo, one of the guys is fiddling with his bag on the ground and right near him in the photo is the 8 year old that died.  It could all be coincidental and these are internet amatuers, but it'll be interesting if they are correct.  The photos were at least enough for me to think "Huh...look at that."

Damaris

Sloooow.

It'll be interesting to see if the sleuths at reddit/4chan turn out to be correct.   Some interesting stuff they've posted.

I was just looking through all of the pictures they have edited. There were so many photos taken, the person who did this should be in many.

Sloooow.

Link http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA to some of the pictures, if anyone is interested.

flarunner

Now they're saying that there is no arrest.

I'll stop posting now since I'm just spreading rumors, albeit from CNN. Roll eyes

Hip Redux

Man, I hope that no one innocent just had their face plastered on the internet because they were carrying a black bag!

Hip Redux

Now they're saying that there is no arrest.

I'll stop posting now since I'm just spreading rumors, albeit from CNN. Roll eyes

They're still saying it's "imminent", so that's good.

Buelligan

All you can do is share what you find and hope that it's concrete.

If the information about a suspect in custody is not true, hopefully the information that he's been identified is true.  We'll see.

From a tweet I just saw:

2:35pm: @CNN: no arrest, no one in custody. @BostonGlobe: custody; @bostonherald: arrest; @FoxNews: arrest; AP: custody.

I think we just need to wait for a press conference from authorities.

Baboon

delicate flower

They've got to be getting a butt-ton of traffic because that site is some slow loading.

<3

DavePNW

Seems like an arrest has been made, depending on which newscast you read/watch.  Either imminent or made.

Or not.  Definitely one of those three.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My thoughts exactly.  Especially since some pictures alleging the suspects were dropping the bags to the floor was after the explosions (the one with the guy behind a colum is post explosion).  Not convincing but they might have a theory there that I'm sure the FBI is considering in a similar fashion.

Man, I hope that no one innocent just had their face plastered on the internet because they were carrying a black bag!

Damaris

Buelligan

I think we just need to wait for a press conference from authorities.

Probably the most prudent thing to do.  Everyone wants the perpetrator caught so badly, I can certainly understand rushing to judgement without all the facts being presented... not the best way to proceed.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So far, they have confirmed he has been identified, no?  or so I hope.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Hoping they have the right guy.  There seems to be a ton of photo/video coverage, so that should help the investigation.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hip Redux

Court house downtown is being evacuated.  No idea why yet.