Beginners and Beyond

SUSPECT IDENTIFIED (Read 244 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Maybe it's that the kid captured tonight was born within a month of my baby boy.  He doesn't deserve sympathy, but it's sad that his life is ruined, his parents are shamed and bereaved, and it's sad that the actions of a couple guys can devastate the lives of so many.  The most sadness and sympathy is for those who lost loved ones and those horribly maimed for life.

I had seen the news that they captured him just before putting my 6-year-old to bed and singing a special song to him. I couldn't help but think that those men were once boys whose mother probably sang them songs. How heartbreaking it would be to see your child responsible for such pain to so many people.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Supersono99

I may be misquoting, but I think understood the news to say that one of the boys went back to Chechnya with their dad last January (2012) and stayed for about 6 months apparently training because when he returned he started posting to terrorist websites. Now the dad said that he is on his way here and there will be "hell" to pay, or something to that effect.

Hip Redux

Well, they don't know why he was back in Chechnya yet, I don't think.

Already seeing a photo of #2 being treated on the scene after the capture.  Again, the new world of everything being available online.

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm very surprised he was taken alive.  I did not expect that.  I figured he'd take his own life, or shoot it out with the cops until they were forced to kill him.

<3

Supersono99

oski, where do you find that stuff?

Hip Redux

The photo of him after the capture is circulating on Facebook and Twitter.  People post everything!

xor

I'm very surprised he was taken alive.  I did not expect that.  I figured he'd take his own life, or shoot it out with the cops until they were forced to kill him.

Making shit up time:

So much weirdness involving these two guys.  Did you notice from the bombing photos that older brother kinda looked the part of the "bank robber wanting to be anonymous"?  Ball cap pulled low, dark glasses, dark clothes.  Whereas little brother did everything but wear a nametag.

Then, when shit went bad, older brother launched himself at police wearing an IED.  Younger brother hid in a boat and ultimately, perhaps from lack of blood, hunger, whatever, got caught.

Not sure these guys were totally on the same page.  Not sure they treated it as the same thing or for the same reason.  Kinda wonder if older brother was the brains.

Ok, done making shit up.

Glad they caught him.

(I hope they find the missing BU student. And someone apologizes to his family)

Supersono99

SRL, it's totally possible #2 was the follower and the older one was the brains.

Oksi, I must be fb friends with the wrong people as I haven't seen it!

GC100k

RSX

It was so nice to see all the police cruisers being cheered as they left the scene. I don't remember this happening in our area before.

MrNamtor

ok i know there is a lot more of this story to come but really my hope is to never see the faces of these pieces of shit brothers ever again.  Of course the exact opposite will happen.

Then our house guest said she had hoped it was a non muslim white guy. WTF it is what it is. I wish it never happened. Doesn't matter what kind of a-hole did it for what reason.

RSX

ok i know there is a lot more of this story to come but really my hope is to never see the faces of these pieces of shit brothers ever again.  Of course the exact opposite will happen.

Then our house guest said she had hoped it was a non muslim white guy. WTF it is what it is. I wish it never happened. Doesn't matter what kind of a-hole did it for what reason.

We all wish it didn't happen. I didn't care which race or religous group the bombers were part of. I wanted both alive to increase our odds of seeing if they acted alone. I'm kind of intrigued that the death penalty could be an option only because it hasn't happened in a very long time in MA. I am still amazed at how fast it ended after the FBI released those pictures.

Nevrgivup

This. These guys were pure evil, but I have a great feeling that the oldest was in charge. So sad.

Making shit up time:

So much weirdness involving these two guys.  Did you notice from the bombing photos that older brother kinda looked the part of the "bank robber wanting to be anonymous"?  Ball cap pulled low, dark glasses, dark clothes.  Whereas little brother did everything but wear a nametag.

Then, when shit went bad, older brother launched himself at police wearing an IED.  Younger brother hid in a boat and ultimately, perhaps from lack of blood, hunger, whatever, got caught.

Not sure these guys were totally on the same page.  Not sure they treated it as the same thing or for the same reason.  Kinda wonder if older brother was the brains.

Ok, done making shit up.

Glad they caught him.

(I hope they find the missing BU student. And someone apologizes to his family)

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

This kid was 19. He was led to were he was. I wonder where he would be if his 26 yr old brother was a decent person.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Hip Redux

Seeing the pictures of the younger one as he was captured, and having the FBI put out a photo of him when he must have been 11... incredibly sad.   It really bothers me when young people take to such violence.   And yeah, I also think the older brother was the master mind.

There's a report out now that said the FBI "knew" of the older brother from a foreign gov't.  Sounds like the FBI found nothing on him when they followed up, and whatever foreign gov't it was didn't give them any more detailed intel. My guess is the communication between gov'ts will be to blame here, but only a guess.