Beginners and Beyond

SUSPECT IDENTIFIED (Read 244 times)

Sloooow.

So much crazy stuff being reported on the news about car chases, arrests, shoot-outs. Emotionally overwhelming.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My friends live in Watertown, MA where the shootouts are taking place. They were woken up by a call to stay indoors. This is so scary.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

MIT Officer killed. Wearing my MIT (I'm an alum) gear today for Boston day, but now seems even more fitting.

Friends in Watertown got a phone call at 2:30 this morning to stay indoors.   Scary stuff going down this morning.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Woke up to the carnage. Wow. What the hell happened last night?!

Hip Redux

Suspects shot an MIT officer, robbed a 7-11 and then got into a shoot out with cops after they hijacked a car. Suspect #1 dead, #2 on the loose - Boston and area is on lockdown while they go door to door in Watertown.   They are/were armed with IEDs and guns.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Marathon bombers killed a MIT police officer and stole a car. Were chased by police to Watertown, MA where one was killed in a shoot out with police. They set off some explosives. Watertown is on lockdown, as well as most of Boston while the police search for the 2nd suspect.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just woke up to this.  Sounds like they knew the jog was up and decided to go down in flames.  ugh.  Why do people kill others instead of themselves?

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Jesus. I agree with Damaris. Shame they couldn't just surrender. I guess it lends a lot of credibility to their suspect-ness.

Please excuse my making up of words. I'm still half asleep.

YAYpril - B-Plus

The news just announced the surviving suspect's name. Jocar Surnayev (I probably spelled that wrong). He's 19 years old. So much hate in someone so young...

DavePNW

I was only trying to figure out if CNN was right saying they were around for the blast.  

EDIT:  CNN is still a little confused right now but possible bombing suspect apprehended but reporter is still confused.  

Um, I'm sorry, is anyone still believing anything they see on CNN?

I think it's shameful how wrong they got the original arrest report, with no apology or any kind of apparent contrition. (Jon Stewart ripped them a pretty good one; at least there's one "news" outlet we can rely on.) They are all pretty bad these days about prioritizing being first over being accurate, but I think CNN is the worst. 

Dave

RSX

We live near the border. Cambridge where MIT is also borders Watertown. Our tenant texted us at 2:30am to tell us about it. Fortunately it is a school vacation so kids don't have to be out. Hopefully they catch him soon, and any connections if any.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

We live near the border. Cambridge where MIT is also borders Watertown. Our tenant texted us at 2:30am to tell us about it. Fortunately it is a school vacation so kids don't have to be out. Hopefully they catch him soon, and any connections if any.

Stay safe!!

Dr. Cornsitter

Stay safe mike.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Nevrgivup

Mike stay safe!! This movie is just getting worse. So sad that some monsters like this can cause such great terror in our nation.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Chechen brothers the news say.

The news just announced the surviving suspect's name. Jocar Surnayev (I probably spelled that wrong). He's 19 years old. So much hate in someone so young...

Damaris