Beginners and Beyond

How many running shoes do you currently have in rotation? (Read 74 times)

meaghansketch

4 in regular rotation:

Old Mizuno Inspire 9s (500+ miles on these)

Mizuno Inspire 10s (~150 miles) -- I alternate these two for easy/long runs, leaning towards the 10s for long runs as long as they aren't wet or something

Mizuno Sayonara - tempo runs and longer races (15K+)-- ran my last marathon in these.  Nice amount of cushioning/stability for the weight.

Mizuno Mushas - intervals and shorter races (up to 15K).  These are my 'go fast now' shoes.  Got them in November 2012 so I don't know how much life they have left in them.

DavePNW

Two:

Brooks Adrenaline GTS14, 339 miles

Brooks Ravenna 5, 349 miles

Obviously I try to rotate pretty evenly. It's the Adrenaline's turn tomorrow, so it should catch up.

Reading this thread makes me think I am weird for only having two.

Oh and the Adrenalines are now 4 miles ahead of the Ravennas.

Dave

Love the Half

5 pairs

3 pairs of Asics Nimbus (11 ounces)

1 pair of Adidas Adizero Adios 2.0 (7.5 ounces)

1 pair of New Balance MRC 5,000's (3.5 ounces)

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

StepbyStep-SH

I have to think ....

3 pair Asics Cumulus (2 with 375+ miles that are just waiting to be officially retired)

1 pair NB 890s (for softer surfaces - not pavement)

1 pair NB 1080s (my "gym" shoe for indoor runs and strength training classes)

1 pair Asics Speedstars (haven't worn for a while - used mostly for TM speedwork)

1 pair trail shoes (don't wear anymore)

I also have a pair of NB 890s new in the box, a few pair of "kickin' around" retired runners, and a pair of Saucony ProGrid Ride 5s with only 3 runs on them that I am giving away because they killed my lower legs.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

It took a while to figure out what works best with my wonky gait (neutral with left side, pronate on the right), with that said, I have 7  in rotation currently, but 4 that I use often.

I rotate between Asics GT 2000-2 and Ravenna 4 for easy and long runs. These are my workhorses.

1 pair Ghost 5's. I can run in them up to 5 miles or so, but then my foot that pronates begins to hurt. They are very comfortable for dog walking though.

1 pair Pure Cadence 1's. I can use these for pretty much any type of run. I love these, but they are getting up in miles, so I'm using them more sparingly.

1 pair Fastwich 6's - these are new. I got them for speedwork and short races. I'm really digging them so far.

1 pair Kinvara 4's that are about to be retired. I've ground the outsole to bits in the forefoot and the cushioning is shot.

I have a pair of Merrell Pace Gloves that I use for trails and hiking. I hike more than I run in these.

RSX

1 pair of NB 870s.

I'm in between marathons so no long runs in the rain. That is normally the only time I rotate until I get near 300 miles then will do it with 1 other pair.

I guess 6?  But really only 3 I wear 95% of the time.

3 Brooks Defyance - 2 that I rotate for road runs and dry flat trails, 3rd older pair that I still wear occasionally in the rain.  Didn't count my oldest pair that I no longer run in but use for yard work.

1 Nimbus that I wear occasionally to justify keeping them.  I just don't like them as much as the Brooks, but they are fine.

2 Brooks trail shoes, a Cascadia and, I forget what the older pair is.  I mostly wear the Cascadia's, but have the back up for if they are wet.  I only wear trail shoes if there's mud and/or lots of hills.

LRB

Asic DST 18 - 9.6 oz my daily trainer

Asic Super J 33 - 7.9 oz my speedwork shoe

Asic DS Racer 10 - 6.3 oz my racing flat

I really like this combination and will be stock piling a few of each in case future models change.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Inspire 9 - 700+ miles

Inspire 9 - 300 miles (primary)

Inspire 9 ( heels cut off - forefoot work) - 700+ miles

Inspire 10 - 160 miles (hate them)

Fastwitch 6 - 30 miles (speed/race)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

In Rotation

• Mizuno Wave Precision 13: 451 miles. A good all-around trainer.
                      • Saucony Kinvara 3: 490 miles. I thought they were a problem child, but they aren't. A good shoe.
                      • Saucony Virrata: 196 miles. Lightweight and 0 drop. For some reason my right foot hates them. I might keep them around for speedwork, but my right foot seriously hurts after using them on LRs.

Not In Rotation

• Brooks PureConnect: 176 miles. 10ks or faster. I haven't used them since last July since they hurt my feet (too narrow).
                      • Nike Free 4.0 V2: 857 miles. My former trainer that I kept through the winter for some LRs so I wouldn't have to haul shoes home. It still works well.

I'll probably keep what I got through summer and then will probably pick up a trainer just before or during HM training.

- Andrew

happylily

Asics DS-Racers 9

Asics Noosa 8

Asics Noosa 6

2 pairs of Newtons Distancia U

K-Swiss which I bought solely because they are red with little maple leaves on them. Totally adorable. But I only wear them on my July 1st fun races and for some short recovery runs.

And maybe also a pair or two of Asics DS-Trainers which must be hiding somewhere and I've forgotten about them. I should dig them up again because they are comfortable.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

GinnyinPA

Only two:  Brooks Adrenaline and Asics 1000.  There aren't a lot of shoes available around here for wide female feet. Both have around 300 miles on them.  Time to get some new shoes, though the Asics still feel fine.  The Brooks are starting to feel worn out.

Singer who runs a smidge

Two running shoes.  A left and a right.  But they're VFFs, I think Komodosports.  I forget.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

bluerun

Super B****

Yeah, pretty much all in rotation.  And they didn't all fit in the frame.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I have three different shoes that I'm using right now but a bunch of different colors in each model.

- Saucony Mirage 3 - longer speedwork, longer races, long runs

- Brooks Adrenaline - easy runs, long runs

- Saucony Fastwich 5 - short speedwork, short races (10k and shorter)

I like to have shoes with various mileage on so I can wear a fresher pair if I am feeling especially beat up.