Beginners and Beyond

What Ever Happened To Jason? (Read 216 times)

Nevrgivup

Crazy just walked in.

Looks like the invasion has begun. As if there isn't enough drama going around. Have fun with this one. As for Jason, he has always come off as a really nice guy.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

BIS

High Horse

Jason's weight loss and running accomplishments are nothing short of inspiring. A class act through and through.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member ~ Groucho Marx.

gusgordon

Jason's weight loss and running accomplishments are nothing short of inspiring. A class act through and through.

Agreed.

Fistmaster General

he says too little in too many words and wears a bra for ultra races.  whats wrong with you people?!?

That being said, I'd love to run into him at a race or FE with him sometime.  He seems like a great dude.

"I... am a fucking moron." - MattM

No more marathons

He is incredibly cultivated and smart, but without being pompous (I learned that new word just the other day and I can use it now. Woohoo!)

Wink

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

happylily

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Argh, I cannot take it anymore.  Am I the only one?!

No more marathons

Big grin Hi Bluesky!

Yo lily.  Keeping a low profile.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

slowrunningjulie

I am FB friends with Jason. He has been struggling with an Achilles injury. He is running though..

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

RunJasonRun

Hey!   I feel honored.

I'm still around, but I've reduced the amount of time spent on forums, mostly after the big changes that happened on RWOL.  I do post in L&O on an almost-daily basis, and, to a lesser extent, the trail/ultra forums. I still keep in touch with most of my close ties in Beginners through Facebook, but I try to duck my head in here every now and then.

2013 has been a less-than-stellar year for me fitness-wise, because I was derailed by an IT band injury during the winter, and I'm currently down with an abductor hallucis muscle strain (or so I think...I have a doctor's appointment next week).  This current injury, which I mistook for an Achilles problem, has led to DNFs at my two most recent races (Umstead 100 and Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race), so I've been eating a lot of humble pie this year after having the best running year of my life in 2012.  Those are the risks that we take with running, though, and we can't stay on constant upward trajectories without some down times.  On the bright side, I'm still in better shape than I've been in for most of my running career, and I enjoyed new personal course records at two races in February and March.  I have no idea how my current injury is going to play out, so I haven't been adding a lot of races to my schedule lately. I've spent a lot of time volunteering at races recently to get some good karma under my belt.

Anyway, I'm still in the fold, but not quite as visible online as I used to be.  I promise that I won't be a total stranger, though.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

happylily

Jason! Smile

Reduced online time is a good thing, even though I miss reading your posts. I wish you 100% recovery and many more grandiose trail adventures. And congratulations on your course PRs!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunJasonRun

Jason! Smile

Reduced online time is a good thing, even though I miss reading your posts. I wish you 100% recovery and many more grandiose trail adventures. And congratulations on your course PRs!

Always good to see you, happylily!

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.