Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Business in the Front, Party in the Back (Read 47 times)

<grumbling>

I need coffee.

I'm on my way to the gym to serve six miles on the TM.

We're supposed to have more snow on Thursday. WTH? 

LRB

Yo!

Today begins a four week stretch of off-days on Tuesday's for me, so I will run outside at some point. That it is currently in the single digits though means that can wait!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!  Coffee!

I've posted this before, but I don't care. Big grin

There will be running later today, if I had to guess, I'd say 7. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Baboon

delicate flower

Party in the back!  Would anyone like like to go to a pants party?  Party with the...party with pants?

Treadmill last night.  8 miles with 6 steady at GMP.  7:42 avg pace for the run.  I probably could have done 7-8 at GMP.  So why didn't I then?  I dunno.  I planned 6 so I did 6.  Good run, as these things go.  Undecided on today's run.  It'll be an easy one, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with single digit temps or hit the treadmill.  Yep, up to a foot of snow in the forecast for Thursday.  Joy.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Off to work on a smoke smelling building with only one elevator.  I'm bringing something for my nose.  Hell no, I'm not getting sick again with all that smell.

Biking tonight.

Damaris

happylily

11 easy miles, with 10 strides, after work. No speedwork this week, it's Pfitz 6th week of the training plan and it's meant as a recovery week before a bigger push. I must be good and try to stick to the plan.

The new female in my family has not arrived yet, she's delaying her appearance. The world is safe for another day.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

Argh! this hotel only has one treadmill, and someone's already on it! Need to wait...

Dave

LRB

Argh! this hotel only has one treadmill, and someone's already on it! Need to wait...

Just bust out of the door and run the town.

StepbyStep-SH

URD. My knee has a date with my couch and a bag of frozen peas.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Rick, enjoy your run.

Dave, I hope that your run goes well.

Phil, have fun, wherever your run takes you. We're supposed to get up to *another* foot of snow?!?!?

Damaris, stay safe and have a great ride.

Lily, excellent eleven-miler.

DaveP MI, I hate it when all the TMs are occupied.

I ended up doing 7.0 in 1:07:23. 9:38 pace. An unexpected progression run for the first six miles: 0:00 to 10:00 - 6.0mph (10:00) 10:00 to 19:49 - 6.1mph (9:49) 19:49 to 29:29 - 6.2mph (9:40) 29:29 to 39:00 - 6.3mph (9:31) 39:00 to 48:22 - 6.4mph (9:22) 48:22 to 58:35 - 6.5 mph (9:13) As soon as I reached 6.0 miles, I decreased the speed by .1mph every .10 mile, until I was at 6.1mph (9:50), where I stayed until the 7.0 were done. I am feeling mighty fineSmile

happylily

Just tell him/her that you're a member of this running forum, therefore a real runner and that you have priority.

This reminds me of a time when I was on vacation somewhere and I went to step on the last remaining TM at the hotel gym and a girl jumped on it before me and apologized by saying "I'm sorry but I'm training for a half-marathon and I have 12 miles to do..." I didn't say anything and turned away, but I had 16 miles to do that day and I was training for a marathon. Not that one is more important than the other... We all have our reasons, should training be more important than just trying to maintain regular fitness?

happylily

Excellent work, Basya! 

happylily

URD. My knee has a date with my couch and a bag of frozen peas.

Aww! sorry to hear that, Shari. But you're being smart about it. Don't fool around with a sore knee

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And they are walking slowly right?

Shari, hope the knee feels better soon!

Damaris