Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Business in the Front, Party in the Back (Read 47 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I can do this much damage in one day, you better lock away your credit cards during your recovery!

The race is a very fun one. I've done the 10-mile at least three times and the 50k once.

True.

Damaris

LRB

If I can do this much damage in one day, you better lock away your credit cards during your recovery!

Sheeit, I have been spending like a crackhead on the price is right the past few weeks!  lol

Now is clearance time for 2013 gear though and there are some great deals to be had.

Zelanie

LRB, nice workout! I was reading that Daniels likes a minimum of 2 minutes per I pace interval, unless you shorten the recovery. I assume that's the deal with this one?

Yugo8

Easy-then-moderate 8.5.   Sleepy and tired (because of lack of sleep, ugh!), but the run really "woke me up."  It's all right.  Tomorrow, I might have another snow day due to a closed office city.

LRB

LRB, nice workout! I was reading that Daniels likes a minimum of 2 minutes per I pace interval, unless you shorten the recovery. I assume that's the deal with this one?

Bingo!

The recovery after the last 30 second work-bout is supposed to be only 30 seconds as well, but I tried that once and almost blew my spleen to pieces!  I extended it to 1:15 and found a happy medium on the hills (where I was today).  When I am at the track I may go as low as 45 seconds, but 30 seconds leaves me too winded to complete the entire set.

But yes, great observation.  By minimizing recovery time (1 min, 30 secs, etc), you reach VO2 max much sooner for each subsequent rep, and therefore spend more time at it over the course of the entire workout.

LRB

It's all right.  Tomorrow, I might have another snow day due to a closed office city.

Careful running outside in that.  Not because of the snow but because the authorities may think you are crazy.  lol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Flight tomorrow not cancelled yet but not looking great when you get an email that you need to watch or consider changing.

At least this winter we've gotten to use the fire place. It isn't usually cold enough here for that. But right now it is!  Just got a nice fire blazing.

Marjorie

LRB

At least this winter we've gotten to use the fire place. It isn't usually cold enough here for that. But right now it is!  Just got a nice fire blazing.

Classy!

Look what I just found for next week.  I will run in the streets nekked if it gets that warm! 

Hi dailies:

Kristin - great news, keep up posted on her recovery

Lily - Well done, not sure that I'd be polite in that situation

Rick - interesting workout, I copied it to my desktop.  Way to get it done in the cold.

Step - ouch, feel better

URD to let some minor dings recuperate and to catch up on sleep a bit.  Off work tomorrow, MLRish planned in a new pair of shoes.

Shari, that's what I call making the most of your downtime.

Yugo 8, awesome 8.5.

Jay, what happened? I hope that tomorrow's run goes well. Enjoy the new shoes.

I'm on my way home to do push-ups and ab work. I've decided to rest and try Rick's I-interval workout tomorrow morning. I can't wait until Friday!

happylily

Kristin, that's wonderful news!

11 miles done, 7:53 pace. Now off to eat supper. Stuffed bell peppers from Costco. Don't tell my son that I don't make them myself. He refuses to eat anything already prepared from a store. His hippie sister brainwashed him. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jay, what happened? I hope that tomorrow's run goes well. Enjoy the new shoes.

I'm on my way home to do push-ups and ab work. I've decided to rest and try Rick's I-interval workout tomorrow morning. I can't wait until Friday!

Nothing specific, just an inkling of unhappiness in my upper calves.  Also driving the decision to put yesterday's shoes out to pasture, since they had seen a fair amount of work before I started tracking mileage on here and are likely well over 800 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

11.6 miles on the bike, with hubby.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nothing specific, just an inkling of unhappiness in my upper calves.  Also driving the decision to put yesterday's shoes out to pasture, since they had seen a fair amount of work before I started tracking mileage on here and are likely well over 800 miles.

Hope it's nothing.

Damaris

LRB

11.6 miles on the bike, with hubby.

You a Biker Chick now 'eh?  Excellent!