Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 34 times)

LRB

Nothing for me, I'm about to treat DS to a trip to the library, lunch out, then home to watch movies, because he is certifiable as a bad-ass runner now (see Cold Weather Wimps thread). I'd like to go swim or bike, but this kid sucked it up and ran in miserable conditions this morning, and he deserves some fun now.

You should give him a thousand dollars.

delicate flower

HELLO.  Busy day for me so far!  I got the gym early for a strength workout, then bought the weekly groceries, then went for my run.

My run was supposed to be 80 minutes easy with strides.  I ran it at more of a medium effort though.  Coach says that is fine if I feel up to it.  So, 80 minutes, 10.5 miles, 7:38 avg pace.  Hot damn.  And I finally clocked a 50 mile week this year.  BOUT DAMN TIME.  Next week will push 60.  Ahhh, how sweet it is.

<3

You Rang?

Six mies at a medium effort pace this morning.  Then WW and the scale: down 4.6 lbs. Now to lay on my butt until dinner time.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

DavePNW

HELLO.  Busy day for me so far!  I got the gym early for a strength workout, then bought the weekly groceries, then went for my run.

My run was supposed to be 80 minutes easy with strides.  I ran it at more of a medium effort though.  Coach says that is fine if I feel up to it.  So, 80 minutes, 10.5 miles, 7:38 avg pace.  Hot damn.  And I finally clocked a 50 mile week this year.  BOUT DAMN TIME.  Next week will push 60.  Ahhh, how sweet it is.

Had my first one of those for the year on tap this week. Alas, 'twas not meant to be.

Dave

happylily

Try running an average of 25 mpw for three months and then jumping to 50 mpw without any gradual building.

13 miles, 8:07 pace. Now a nice hot bath.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

17.5 miles in sub 0 temp, with some light snow falling. This is my longest run ever (by about 0.2 miles). About 70 degrees F difference between today and that previous long run PR.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LRB, I know..... but I hate them right now, I still wasn't feeling 100% and told myself not to "try" and push myself... but I did anyways though not really hard hard. My nose was running faster than me, and I get better PR's when I rest the day before, and don't do warm up runs but my legs and body did great nonetheless Smile According to my garmin, last year's finish was 2 seconds faster.

We went to Cracker Barrel afterwards, but I became a little sick to my stomach and could only really eat their Apple & Cinnamon Oatmeal instead of my Apple Cider BBQ Chicken Breast. I am going to nap now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Shudder. No just no

I'm here, as are quite a few other brave souls morons.

One of the supports broke off the flag. Lord help me.

Marjorie

happylily

17.5 miles in sub 0 temp, with some light snow falling. This is my longest run ever (by about 0.2 miles). About 70 degrees F difference between today and that previous long run PR.

Impressive!  You are building yourself a very nice base before you start your marathon training. Great job!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Eric- Nice run!  Congrats!

LRB- The new team is great, but not as much fun without you around.  Hope you're enjoying your new team this year.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Good stuff there. When does marathon training start?

7 miles with 8x100 unenthusiastic strides for me.  I have a big drum gig tonight, some Valentine's Dance for 450-500 people, and an 18 miler tomorrow morning.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I'm here, as are quite a few other brave souls morons.

One of the supports broke off the flag. Lord help me.

Oh, hell no.

LRB

Shudder. No just no

I managed 6 miles then called it a day. I planned on an interval workout but realized after about 12 steps that wasn't happening. lol

LRB

Good stuff there. When does marathon training start?

7 miles with 8x100 unenthusiastic strides for me.  I have a big drum gig tonight, some Valentine's Dance for 450-500 people, and an 18 miler tomorrow morning.

That's a big ass crowd Jack, I didn't know you were an A-lister in the music scene. 

From the Internet.

11 miles on the treadmill with 2 10-12 minute tempo-ish interval type things in the second half. Riddle me this, why am I so much slower on the treadmill than outside?