Beginners and Beyond

Week 18 Penguins all look alike!! (04/19-04/25) (Read 6 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

This is National Look Alike Day.  The organist at my church, who is a friend of mine, and I are often mistaken for each other.  We have no idea why.  I mean, we're the same age and height, and we both have glasses.  We both have kind of curly hair, although mine is much curlier.  She plays the organ, I sing.  I'm married, she isn't.  I'm more heavyset than she is.  But still, people walk by me in the church hallway and call me by her name, or ask her to tell her husband something regarding computers or the sound system or whatever.  So we call each other "wundertwin", and she calls my husband her "pseudohusband".  We don't get the mixup, nor does my husband, but we roll with it.

Lots of rain today, so no biking.  Maybe a dog walk later, after I get out of the lab.  Depends on the weather then.  Now, off to work!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! RD for me.

I had a friend I met when I was a teenager that was a ring version of me, even the haircut. We have not seen each other in decades (it was one of those summer camping friends), but every time we were together, people thought they were sisters. Which was fun for me since I am an only child.

HopesMom, hope it dries up enough for your walk later.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I used to get confused with any and every other young female with straight dark hair and glasses. We were a type. Now that I'm old, I don't think people do that. Skinny grannies who run aren't that common around here.

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, I didn't get my walk yesterday, but did get one today.  Not that I've showered yet ... though I will actually have to shower today, because I have a chorus zoom this evening.  I now have zoom meetings every night of the week.

Other than that, it's SSDD.  More working on grant proposal, more cleaning of email inbox (though hopefully I can finish that project today), more working on music stuff, etc.  It's all good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have 10 and weights today. I need to drop two cats to the vet for booster shots. Since that only takes 5 minutes to drive and 5 minutes to give them the shots, I might just ask to work late and do wait for them.

Ginny, hi!

HopesMom, great job on the walk.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, all!  Waiting on our dog walk until it warms up a little -- we had a freeze warning last night, and it's not out of the 40's yet.

We're having a small plague of lost things.  DH can't find our hummingbird feeder.  We took down our normal feeder, but can't hang the hummingbird feeder until we find it, obviously.  The search continues.

Also yesterday, DH took my car fob and put the new registration tags on the license plate, and put the paperwork in the glove compartment.  Then he stuck the fob in the waistband of his sweatpants and proceeded to do a few other indoor and outdoor things.  Then he discovered the fob was missing.  We looked for it indoors and out, but haven't found it yet.  Luckily it was the spare fob for my car, and I still have my normal one, but it is kind of a pain to only have one and no spare.  So ... the search continues ...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 5-6 miles tonight.

Ugh, hope you find the fob.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - I hope you find the fob. Those things are expensive!

Ben is sick again. This time is really worrisome because he won't even eat the pill that's supposed to stop him from throwing up despite being in a peanut butter pill pocket.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, hope he feels better soon.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Poor Ben!!  Both of our cats have been yakking grassballs in the past couple of days, not sure what that's about.  I guess they get stressed too, and maybe they don't like having us home all the time?  I'm also wondering if Dusty is picking up on our generalized stress levels, and that's why he suddenly seems to need pets when we go to bed at night.  If nothing else, he's probably going to have separation anxiety when I go back to work!

No news on the fob.  We're now wondering if some blue jay or squirrel picked it up and ran off with it because of the shiny ring.  DH has raked both the front and back yard, and we've scoured the house, and he swept the garage.  Who knows -- there aren't any other places it could've gone!  DH has learned a lesson about the lack of pockets and what not to do about it, though ...

No dog walk today -- DH is delivering veggies, and has quite a few deliveries, so he'll be home late.  I have a faculty meeting at 12:30, which, since I have no webcam on my laptop, I will be attending sans shower and shoes.  The perks of being invisible.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Did two video conferences today already (we are full of meetings on Thursday as it's normally the only day where everybody is in the office). More this afternoon. I have 6 and weights.

HopesMom, grrrr. Hoping he can find it. Hoping it's in the house somewhere. Hope hubby has fun delivering.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Most of my meetings are at night, for non-work stuff.  I did have a faculty meeting yesterday at 12:30.  About halfway through, I decided "this chair is not going to cut it any more."  My laptop has no webcam, and since I didn't have anything to say, my mike was muted.  So I figured it wouldn't hurt to move over to the couch and sit comfortably for a few minutes.

Someone decided I needed company.

Needless to say, I didn't end up contributing much to the faculty meeting.  DH came home shortly after this, so the pets of course deserted me and I was able to get back to work.

May or may not dog walk today.  It's been rainy.  But not raining right this moment.  It'll depend on whether DH wants to go.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL. I have a cat laying right by the laptop and sometimes moves stuff since this is a touch screen computer. Oh, the struggles!

I have 6 with speedwork tonight.

Damaris