Beginners and Beyond

WTH, WEDNESDAILIES? (Read 55 times)

Hip Redux

Happy birthday, Bruce!

Run tonight, likely 4 miles on the hilly route.  

We're heading into a full seven days of SUNNY weather, can't wait!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. Exactly Basya.WTH. For sure

Got up super early and out after 4. Cooled drizzle and 40 degrees and temp falling. Had some birds to chirp to tell me to enjoy the run.   Saw nobody at all. Didn't see first car until mile 5.

Marjorie

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Didn't post my run from yesterday, did 10 miles.  8-10 later today.

Happy Birthday Bruce!!  Hope you have a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

flarunner, awesome eight miler. How do you manage to get it done so early every day?

Rick, have a great run. I hope that you make it outside.

Scott, I used my neti pot to rinse my sinuses. That helped a bit. I hope that your knee continues to feel better. Enjoy your workout.

AprilRunner, have a terrific three-miler.

DaveP MI, enjoy your run. LOL @ the e-card.

BruceD555, enjoy your well-earned rest day. HappityHapHappy Birthday!

Shari, have a pleasant in the improved weather. Her kid is a hair older than two years old. She's not a friend, but that's irrelevant. Were I able to help, I would. I work until 6:00 p.m., have parents who are local, and have a commitment to taking care of my body. I have any one of a number of things I could be doing outside of work. I might have my annual mammogram that day. My niece might be in town. I might have a date. I might be visiting someone in the hospital. I might have been looking forward to a pedicure-manicure after work. I might not have a husband or kids, but I have no dearth of things with which to fill my time. First come, first served. Don't whine when you're not the first.

Phil, I'm glad that you're leg workouts are comfortably tough. What's a rice bowl?

Luke, I don't lie. I already have plans. Always. Like washing my hair. Crashing early. Something.

Oski, have a fantastic four-miler.

Marjorie, that sounds just lovely. No cars until mile five? HeavenSmile

Dave, terrific run yesterday. I hope that today's is even better.

Ab work is done. I can visit a patient in the hospital after the run club meetup and return home without having to worry about what else to do. I already have some choices for dinner readySmile

Ball of Fury

Easy 5 on the TM this morning (it was supposed to be storming at 5 AM but it wasn't but I already had my stuff packed up so went to the gym anyway)...wasn't all that easy and it wasn't pleasant.  Topped off with a cold shower because the gym was out of hot water...first world problems, right?  The leg doesn't "hurt," but it's uncomfortable.  I am not sure I described it well yesterday when I said my quad...it is on the far lateral side where the ITB runs, but it feels like a bruise, definitely not like traditional quad soreness.  I stretched, iced, and foam rolled the heck out of it last night and it was a bit better this morning but still noticeable.  Starting to freak out a little.  PT tonight.  I have absolutely decided to DNS the Spartan Race this weekend and I can tell my "team" is very disappointed in me...oh well.

Basya:  She can't watch her child while she does housework....I mean, I am not domestic in the least but I can watch my own child while I clean the house.  Well, if I were to ever clean the house that is...thank goodness for DH!

Bruce:  Happy, happy Birthday!

Everyone else:  Hi!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 miles and weights tonight.  I ended up doing today's working yesterday and then got home and heard my husband talking about buying a book about run/walking to get himself back into running. Shocked

We'll see if it lasts!

Basya, I hate when people try to plan your day for you.  It's your prerogative, ugh.  Hope you feel better.

flarunner, did you run a few extra miles because of it?  If so, then it's all good!  BTW, are you very well North or West or closer to WPB?  I ask because I signed up for another race in Lake Worth and wondered if you were close.

LRB, arm warmers?  I wish I can wear them every day.  Hope you get to run outside.

Sparker, good luck with running this weekend!

April, they might be 3 but they keep the streak alive.

DaveP, hope your weather improves.  And LOL.

Bruce, enjoy the rest.  Is it your birthday?  Happy Birthday!  (If it is, if not, assume it is).

Lily, morning!

Shari, enjoy the sunshine!  Take mine too!

Baboon, go get those exercises done!

Luke, morning!  And you're right!

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Bruce!

ran 3.85 on the TM today.  Decided I didn't want to have to walk home Wink so one more day inside.....temps are slowing rising here in the Northeast so I'll be outside soon enough....... shin felt great.  Now the damn heel aches.  I know I know, RICE (Rest, Ice Cream, Compression sleeves, elevation while watching tv, wash, rinse, repeat).

Taping my radio PSA for MS today.  Does anyone still listen to the radio?  Oh well - let's hope not or they get to listen to my nasely whiney voice.

I'm off!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow.  I missed a lot of people while writing my post.

Oski, enjoy the hilly 4.

Marjorie, nice 4 on a different city.

D2, enjoy the 8-10.

AmiK, nice TM run.

MtnBikerChick, nice run!

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

Basya, I can't believe you didn't want to babysit! I can't imagine a better way to spend an evening, ha!

Bruce, happy birthday!!

super sore today from the massage. Icing my shins right now, going to do a very very easy 2 mile walk on the TM, then ITB rehab and shin splint routine.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes. It was heaven no cars and I think I saw 6 at most. Running at 4 am has its advantages.

Marjorie

delicate flower

Phil, I'm glad that you're leg workouts are comfortably tough. What's a rice bowl?

It is a bowl, and last night said bowl contained brown rice, ground turkey, and sauteed veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms, corn), topped with salsa and a little cheese.  Deeeee-lish!

<3

LRB

What's up ladies!

I am about to head to work and play a game of dodge the rain cell.  If it's raining when I get there, I will hit the treadmill.  If not, I will gladly hit the asphalt, which I am hoping is the case as this is great arm sleeves, gloves and singlet weather.

We shall see....

6 miles on the belt, blech.  >:-/

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!!

I hope that y’all are having a wonderful week and that you’re reaching whatever goals you set for yourselves this week.

Basya – Thanks for getting us started this morning!  I can’t believe how inconsiderate that person is – it’s none of her business what your plans are and she should know that no means no.   I’d be tempted to never babysit for her again because she sounds like a user.   Good for you for standing up for yourself!!   I hope you feel better as the day goes on – sometimes getting up and moving around physically helps the sinuses to get stuff moving as well.

Flarunner – Thanks!   I’ve done that where I forget which route I meant to take and then end up exceeding the miles I had planned for the day.   Hope it was a good run for you!!  Have a Pinkerrific day!!

LRB – Fingers crossed that you can run outside today!!  Although running in the rain can be exhilarating if you go into it with the right attitude…..

Scott – Have a great workout at the gym today!  Glad to hear that the knee is improving!!

April – Enjoy your 3 miles tonight!!  I hope that you can get the miles in before the storms!   Have a wonderful day!!

Dave P – Love the e-card!   I hope that you can run outside today!   Either way, I hope your run is fantastic!!

Bruce – Happy Birthday!!   What flavor of pop-tarts do you prefer?   I think they’re really too sweet for me, but occasionally I eat them anyway.   Enjoy your SRD and I hope that you have a marvelous birthday dinner with your DW!!

Lily – Good Morning!!   Have a Pinktacular day!!

Shari – That sounds like perfect running weather for you today!!  I hope that you have a great run and that you thoroughly enjoy the beautiful day!!

Phil – Your knee has come so freaking far in a relatively short amount of time!!  You are amazing!!   Hope you have a wonderful bike ride today!!

Luke – Good Morning!   I totally agree with you – if someone says no, then move along!   Have a great day!!

Oski – Have an awesome run tonight!!   Hope you’re able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine today!!

Marjorie – That sounds like a Pinklightful run to me!!   I love running when it’s all nice and quiet outside!!

Dave 2 – Great run yesterday!   Hope your run today goes smoothly!!

Ami – Cold water after your run?   That will wake you up in a hurry!!  It would also make me kinda bitter to start my day – hope that’s not the case for you!!   I really hope that PT is able to help with your leg tonight!!   Your team may be disappointed that you’re going to DNS, but it’s far better to do that than to run and then have to go on a more longer term IR.   Take care of yourself!!

Damaris – Have a great 6 miles and weights tonight!   That would be pretty cool if your DH does some reading and then starts running – I bet y’all would make a fabulous team!!

MBC – Fabulous run today!!   That’s awesome that the shin isn’t hurting, and hopefully the heel is something that you can overcome easily!!  I do listen to the radio on my way to and from work every day.   Will your PSA air nationally or only in your area?   If it’s national, I’ll listen for it!

Jess – Hopefully that soreness is a good kind of sore!  I hope that the TM walk and the rest of your workout routine helps ease the soreness and that you’re on the road to recovery!!

Another URD for me.   :-(    But, the MRI for my foot and ankle (which is apparently 2 different MRIs requiring double the time of just 1 and making it harder to schedule as a result) is scheduled for next Tuesday, and my follow up with the doctor to get the results is next Friday so I'm making progress!!

Happy Wednesday, runners!!   And, may your next run show you that you have the strength and determination to overcome any obstacles in your life!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

2 miles to keep the streak alive?  Go get them.

Basya, I can't believe you didn't want to babysit! I can't imagine a better way to spend an evening, ha!

Bruce, happy birthday!!

super sore today from the massage. Icing my shins right now, going to do a very very easy 2 mile walk on the TM, then ITB rehab and shin splint routine.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pink, I doubt we would run together since I might kill him by mile 2.

Damaris