Beginners and Beyond

WTH, WEDNESDAILIES? (Read 55 times)

BruceD555

OK, so I’ve got taper time so I’ll write up some personals today. Thank you all for the birthday wishes … I only wish I was jumping age groups Wink.

BasyaSpiliakos- Sorry you seem to be the go-to-single-girl that folks feel obliged to use as their private child care system. I guess one approach would be to ask them to do their work (ask the accountant to do your taxes or the mechanic to change your oil or the attorney to draft a living trust for you) while you go out for a run. Nobody enjoys doing their vocation pro-bono just so somebody else can have free time to do something else. Enjoy that double today on buffed hooves Wink

Flarunner- Nice work, as usual, on your early morning run – even if you did forget what you were doing.

LRB- I thought you were fast enough to dodge the drops? Sorry you ended up with miles on the belt, but nice work in getting them in anyway. BTW, I think Marjorie just gave you a “man-up” post.

Sparker1606- I hope you’re back to running this weekend.

AprilRunner- Enjoy those tiny 3 miles this afternoon and try to keep sane til the race. Wink BTW, carb-loading can never start too early in my book.

DaveP MI- Have fun with that run … no matter what you end up doing – indoor or out.

Happylily- Thanks, but I hardly think I qualify as normal. We have a family saying that we’re “back to baseline” … more of a medical term … meaning we’re as normal as we’re ever gonna get. Yeah, I know the training was the important part but it’s easy to over-think and forget all the miles and work done in preparation for the race. I made enough improvements over the course of training that I’ve revised my original goal pace so we’ll see how that plays out on Saturday. It’ll either be epic or an epic blow-up Wink

StepbyStep-SH- Enjoy that sun today – we’ve earned it in WI!!

Baboon- I wanna rice bowl too! I don’t wanna Bosu ball … certainly not for squats!

Oski- Enjoy those hilly 4 miles tonight and hope you’re feeling good throughout. Seven days of sun … I’m not sure that’s even possible.

MarjorieAnn3137- I love those early morning runs where you feel like the only person awake. In the summer I’ve done that kind of run in the country and the only person you’d see was the farmer heading to the milk barn or the paper guy doing deliveries.

Dtothe2nd- Nice work on the run yesterday and enjoy your planned 8-10 later on today. BTW, you’re really going to enjoy Pfitz 18/70 and absolutely KILL your first FM.

AmiK- You’re tougher than LRB … you did the TM and then took a cold shower – he wouldn’t even run in the rain this morning. Wink Nice work and I hope the leg feels better.

Docket_Rocket- Well, you could always run loops in opposite directions, that way you’ll only pass each other occasionally. Have a good 6 miles this evening.

MtnBikerChk- Way to avoid the walk of shame Wink That’s great news on the shin and let’s hope the heel is just a temporary thing as the pain moves down to your toenail Wink

lilac_jive- Sorry you’re still aching but good work on keeping the streak alive!

Pinktastic- Great news on getting the MRIs scheduled! Hopefully you can get some closure on what’s wrong and get rolling onto recovery. Today’s flavor was strawberry … because that’s what was in the box. Actually, they’re too sweet for me as well but with enough coffee it all works out good.

Just B.S.- Ouch … another “man up” for LRB. Wink You also forgot to mention hilly on those 7 miles today in the rain. Have a good run later on today.

B-Plus- Enjoy that massage later on today and hope you get loosened up.

Brrrrrrr-  Enjoy those 4 TM miles today (if that’s possible) and good luck on your HM this weekend!

Zelanie- Enjoy that walk later today in the beautiful outdoors.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Man, you Dailies sure get started early. I am guessing most of you are back East?

Bruce: Happy birthday to you! Enjoy the steak.

My taper, thankfully, is almost done. Older DD has a track meet today and she is running both the 1600 and 3200.  At some point tonight I will get in an easy 30 minute run.  Have a good day...

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

What's up ladies!

I am about to head to work and play a game of dodge the rain cell.  If it's raining when I get there, I will hit the treadmill.  If not, I will gladly hit the asphalt, which I am hoping is the case as this is great arm sleeves, gloves and singlet weather.

We shall see....

That's a race day magic look for me - can't wear it out on a training run.  I'm not superstitious or even OCD, right?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning everyone.

I bought new shoes last night and today is a rest day, seemss kind of crazy.  My legs needed a rest as my old shoes were starting to cause/allow some slight shin soreness.  If all goes as the last time I got new shoes, the slightly sore shin will be gone in a few days.

Running for TJ because he can't.

B-Plus

Anybody signing up for NYCM today?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Doh.

Anybody signing up for NYCM today?

Damaris

DavePNW

I can't tell if that's rain or sleet or snow out there, but it's really coming down. Or not so much down as across. Shit. Hamster wheel here I come.

Dave

Ball of Fury

That's a race day magic look for me - can't wear it out on a training run.  I'm not superstitious or even OCD, right?

I bought my first pair for my HM next weekend!  Thought I might channel some of your speed!  It better be cool enough to wear them.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

BTW, I think Marjorie just gave you a “man-up” post.

Luckily, I have zero insecurities.  Not a one.  ; )

SIAR & Ami, arm warmers are to runners what stripes on cars are to NASCAR drivers.

MBC, you are still cool.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I have two pairs of arm warmers. One pair is plain black (with thumbholes!) that I bought at an expo last year for $10. The other pair my husband bought me for Christmas. They're from Skirt Sports and are in a fun pattern, but the rubber grippie thingies that secure them to my upper arms chafe like crazy after a few miles. Even with BodyGlide. Sad

That being said, my arms warm up VERY fast so when I do wear them I normally push them down after a mile or so, so it's just easier to go without most days.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You definitely need to shop some more.

I have two pairs of arm warmers. One pair is plain black (with thumbholes!) that I bought at an expo last year for $10. The other pair my husband bought me for Christmas. They're from Skirt Sports and are in a fun pattern, but the rubber grippie thingies that secure them to my upper arms chafe like crazy after a few miles. Even with BodyGlide. Sad

That being said, my arms warm up VERY fast so when I do wear them I normally push them down after a mile or so, so it's just easier to go without most days.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ran this morning again.  Out at 6:15 a.m. at the university campus.  Weather around here is CRAZY.  Yesterday a high of 81.  Today a high of only 59.   For my run/walk it was a cool 42 degrees with a 25-mph wind blowing, sheesh!  I opted to wear a long-sleeved shirt, lol, cuz that is COLD for we South Texans.  I still did pretty well, even with the wind, 3.3 miles in 33:48, averaging under 11 minutes per mile.   Tomorrow our temp is heading back up toward normal.  That nutty Mother Nature!

Sorry you are feeling congested, Basya, hope you feel better soon.   People just assume you like coming over to watch their kids so they can do housework?

Congrats on the 8, flarunner.  Well, you could have gone 'exploring' instead of turning around.  Who knows what adventures you might have found?

Good luck with your workout, Sparker, and hope you can run this weekend.

Hope the weather behaves for both of you, April and DaveP!

Happy Birthday, Bruce!   Enjoy that steak dinner!  Gee, you don't look a day over 50.... Wink

Good luck with your ride, Phil, hope that helps your legs.  I don't even know what a BOSU is....

Enjoy the sunshine, Step!  Happy sunny miles in your shorts!

Good luck with the hills, Oski.  We get lots of sunny days here.  With the temps we're having, though, I'm wondering how many over 100 degrees days we're going to have this summer..    Last year we had around 25 of those days...and this year the heat has started even earlier than last year!

Marjorie you didn't say how many you ran...so I'm guessing 11.3....

I have absolutely decided to DNS the Spartan Race this weekend and I can tell my "team" is very disappointed in me..  Better for them to be disappointed than for you to end up with some possibly serious damage, Ami, and then being out for who knows how long.  And then how guilty would they feel about that if it happened?  They'll get over it.  You have to do what you know is best for you.

Good luck with your workout tonite, Damaris.   So if your DH starts running, is he going to then accompany you to all you races, events, etc?  If he wants a very easy run/walk program and mileage buildup program to follow, tell him to get The Runner's Handbook by Glover.  Nothing fancy, it's an oldie but goodie, with very easy straight-forward plans to follow.  Runs about $12 on Amazon.com these days, if I remember correctly.

Congrats on your miles, MBC.  Sorry about the heel hurting, though.  Yes, I actually do still listen to my radio stations when I run, lol. Classic rock and oldies.  All the music after the 1980s sucks, IMHO. Joking

Lilac, hope you feel better!  Wish I had magic healing powers to make you 100% again.

Congrats on your 6, LRB.  Must've been hot on the TM wearing the arm sleeves and gloves.  Wink

Sarah, sure hope the MRI helps  find out what the specific problem is, and gets you on the healing path to running again in no time!

Good luck with your 7,  Beth!  Canada?  Now why in the world did I think you were in the Midwest for some reason? Obviously, I don't pay attention enough.

Enjoy the massage, B Plus!

Congrats on your 4 miles, Brrrr.

At some point tonight I will get in an easy 30 minute run.  Well, Jack, you could always jump in with your DD at some point, during her track meet.  Bet she would just love that!  Joking

Happy rest day, Robert!  Behave, even though you are probably hearing the siren-call of the new shoes.

BTW, if anyone is in the Midwest areas that are dealing with all that flooding I saw on the Weather Channel, hope you and yours are all safe and well!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I didn't cal early enough yesterday to get on the spin class list for this morning so I slept in like a rebel!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

outoftheblue

Good morning Dailies!

Got up early today for 9 hilly miles and breakfast.  Now DH and I are off to plant all of our tomato/pepper/eggplant seedlings outside.  Hope they grow!

Life is good.