Beginners and Beyond

WTH, WEDNESDAILIES? (Read 55 times)

LRB

I have two pairs of arm warmers. One pair is plain black (with thumbholes!) that I bought at an expo last year for $10. The other pair my husband bought me for Christmas. They're from Skirt Sports and are in a fun pattern, but the rubber grippie thingies that secure them to my upper arms chafe like crazy after a few miles. Even with BodyGlide. Sad

D is right, try a different brand.  I use Asics which are cheap relatively speaking, but they do not restrict, chafe or pinch my arms like a couple other brands I have tried, and are comfortable even when the temperature rises during a run.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, he already accompanies me to destination marathons so now he is checking for marathons that include 10Ks, ha.  We'll see if it lasts.  If you see somebody posting as Mr. docket then you'll know.

Damaris

BruceD555

D is right, try a different brand.  I use Asics which are cheap relatively speaking, but they do not restrict, chafe or pinch my arms like a couple other brands I have tried, and are comfortable even when the temperature rises during a run.

Ditto ^^

Not to mention they come in quite a few different colors to match the outfit du jour. I like the Asics too and wear them for normal training runs. However, I also have a pair of Brooks that I like to save for racin' ... though those are definitely spendier - they were a gift last year from my DW.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

April, the runningskirts.com ones don't chafe me, but the skirtsports do.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

You guys are making me want to go arm warmer shopping. Big grin Really though, my arms get warm before the rest of me does (I don't understand it, but I won't complain - I don't even need gloves except in the COLDEST wind) so they're a little irrelevant most days of the year for me. But they do make me feel like a badass when I wear them.

Ball of Fury

You guys are making me want to go arm warmer shopping. Big grin Really though, my arms get warm before the rest of me does (I don't understand it, but I won't complain - I don't even need gloves except in the COLDEST wind) so they're a little irrelevant most days of the year for me. But they do make me feel like a badass when I wear them.

April,

I ordered a pair of Asics from runningwearhouse.com and they were less than $8 with my 15% discount code!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

DavePNW

So it is officially snowing. Unbelievable. Hit the treadmill & decide to stretch my usual lunchtime 6 into, um, 9. Very long lunch. 8:41 pace.

That is actually a PB treadmill miles for me, I don't think I've ever done more than 7. Not too bad really, actually wanted to keep going but had to get back to work at some point I guess. I just really wanted to get the miles in because I don't know what I'm going to be able to get in this weekend.

And for the record, I do not own any arm warmers. Or a singlet. Are they inevitable at some point?

Dave

B-Plus

And for the record, I do not own any arm warmers. Or a singlet. Are they inevitable at some point?

Just ask your state mate LRB! Snow? WTF

Beth, I hope that your seven-miler goes well.

B-Plus, I hope that the massage helps.

Brrrrrrr, excellent easy four miles this morning.

AprilRunner, yummy carb loading.

SIAR, have a great group run tonight.

Jack, have a fantastic easy thirty-minute run.

Robert, enjoy your rest day. I hope that the new shoes help your shins.

DaveP MI, I hope that you had fun serving nine miles on the hamster wheel.

scottydawg, your weather is fickleSmile

kristin10185, I hope that you slept well.

outoftheblue, a hilly nine-mile run, good food, and yard work in lovely weather? AwesomeSmile

2.13 miles in 19:44.10 during my break. 9:17 pace. 69F and humid. I felt slow:/

BruceD555

Come over to the dark side ...

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Now see I ran in the icky cold rain up here in Michigan  and survived. You could have too.

I am carb loading for this weekends 5k tomorrow for lunch at the Sterling Heights Red Hot and Blue, if you and the fam want to join me I enjoy company.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Carbo loading already.  Shit, I'm late for mine!

I am carb loading for this weekends 5k tomorrow for lunch at the Sterling Heights Red Hot and Blue, if you and the fam want to join me I enjoy company.

Damaris

LRB

Carbo loading already.  Shit, I'm late for mine! 

Not yet, two days out.  Quality meals all week though for sure.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Crap.  Not sure whether I've had quality meals but I'm sure going to eat pizza tonight.  That counts, no? Joking

Damaris

LRB

Crap.  Not sure whether I've had quality meals but I'm sure going to eat pizza tonight.  That counts, no? Joking

God I love pizza!  When I die, they can bury my ass in a pizza box and I will be in heaven regardless of if I am actually there or in hell!