Beginners and Beyond

Week 34: Penguins can't decide between cupcakes, bacon, or chocolate pecan pie!! (08/19-08/25) (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'll take the cupcakes!

Ran 20 on the treadmill yesterday.  I have 5 and weights.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I don't know if it's a coincidence because I'm currently hungry, but today is Cupcake Day, National Bacon Lover's Day, National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day, and National Lemonade Day.  Sounds like a great picnic!!

Haven't fired my new tech yet.  He has seen a doc, has a diagnosis (stress) and some meds, so we're going to see how things work out.

Got a little damp biking in today.  Hoping I don't get soaked when I leave!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

I don't know if it's a coincidence because I'm currently hungry, but today is Cupcake Day, National Bacon Lover's Day, National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day, and National Lemonade Day.  Sounds like a great picnic!!

I'm down. 👍

GinnyinPA

I'd enjoy a cupcake or regular pecan pie. The rest I can skip.

D - enjoy your light day

HM - I hope the tech understands that if he doesn't straighten up, he'll have the greater stress of getting fired and having to look for a new job.

Singer who runs a smidge

Tech worked a full day yesterday, so we're making progress.  It seems that when he's working, he's not bad, though he has a tendency to learn a little bit of a task and figure he knows all of the task.  Not unusual.  But I think, if he can manage to get to work, that he'll be ok.  We'll see.  I talked with HR, and I've decided to basically give it a month and see what happens.  I need for him to settle down so I can see how he works out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have either 0 or 7 after Pilates.  I have not decided.

HopesMom, what a pain.  Hoping things improve with him.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, my tech is getting there -- has worked both days this week, and has actually gotten some stuff learned.  He has new employee orientation today (HR, not me), so I'm hoping to get stuff done that I've been putting off while I get him trained.  Bike ride in this morning was lovely, cooler and less humidity.  I will not try to ride tomorrow or Friday, as classes start tomorrow, and traffic is going to be crazy, and people won't be paying attention as they try to figure out where their classes are, etc.  Hoping things settle down by Monday.  That's my plan, anyway.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad he is working out better than he started.

I took my RD yesterday; too much work and time outside of the house.  I have 14 miles tonight.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

D - I hope your ML run goes well this evening. I hope you can get home early so you aren't eating dinner at midnight.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!  I was home by 4:30pm which is nice.  I had court most of the day which tires me more than being in the office but it was surprisingly a very nice run.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I am LOVING the weather this morning!!  It would've been perfect biking weather.  There was way less chaos and crazy than I was expecting -- nothing like in years past.  So I might gear up my courage and bike tomorrow.  I hate to miss the weather!

I did run into (not literally) a couple of colleagues at one of the crosswalks when I left yesterday.  They waved and said hi, but as I told DH, "They couldn't have looked at me any more strangely if I'd been riding a unicycle with a clown nose and a chihuahua on my head."  I don't know if it's ME on a trike that was weird, or me on a TRIKE.  Or both.  Anyway, it made me chuckle.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Working from home today at least.  Pilates and 4 or 7 miles tonight.

HopesMom, enjoy the weather!

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Biked in today, with not much chaos, enjoying the weather!  Leaving will probably be chaotic -- I can slide in between classes, but when I leave, EVERYBODY is leaving.  Ah well, it'll be all good.

Chorus coaching tomorrow, so I have to be up before the crack of dawn, ready to sing from 9-4.  It'll be exhausting, and I'm not exactly looking forward to it.  I mean it'll be good, and I will learn stuff, but this is the third weekend in a row with barbershops stuff for me, and I'd really rather just hang out with DH.  Today's our anniversary!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I ended up with the 4 miles and not the 7.  Hoping I have more time this weekend and no work to be done.  I have Pilates and 6 with 30 sec hill sprints at 5-8% incline, ouch.

HopesMom, good luck leaving!  Have fun coaching.

Damaris