Beginners and Beyond

Freezing TuesDAILIES (Read 47 times)

DavePNW

Yeah, I love the early morning runs in the summer, and in the fall when DST happens. Only a couple more weeks! Running in the darkness puts a serious damper on my ability to spring out of bed willingly. Is Poppy on these boards? He was the King of early early early morning headlamp running.

Well Freesoul gets up at something like 2:30 AM, so it's pretty hard to beat that.

I run in darkness most of the year. We're about as far north as you can get in the continental US, so we do get some early sunrises in the summer, but some long dark winters. Fortunately there's enough ambient light in the urban area I run, and on a fairly limited-access trail, that I can go sans headlamp. Just a reflective vest.

Dave

KCRuns

5.3 miles on the treadmill during lunch.  I wanted to do a tempo run with 2x 10 minute segments at HMP.  I got through the first 10 minutes, just barely, and bailed on the second one, just finished with all easy pace.  I guess I'm not quite ready yet for anything more than easy. That was followed by 30 minutes with the trainer.  Today was lower body and core and she kicked my ass.  I'd love a nap right now.

DavePNW

<----------- Oh, new race pic from Sunday. Free hi-res downloads! Will post full-size later.

Dave

oldfartrunner

Well, decided on 12.10 @ 8:45.  I think Saturdays 10K race finally caught up to me today,  so used it to my advantage and got my aerobic development LR (for me) in. 12-14 is about all the old hammy will let me get in without a major protest. Planning on cruise intervals on Friday, so will cover all the bases this week.

Boy them Adidas boost 3 are firm with a lot of ground feel!  I put on my New Balance 1400V5s right after the 12er (one on each foot), and the New Balance was softer, more protection/less ground feel, more bounce, and slightly better transition. So I guess the Adidas will be doing duty as I walk the golf course. Smile I've got boney old feet and they are just too firm for my taste.

Hate the less Sun and short days of Winter too. I tend to get SAD, Sad  but running sure helps!   Glad I can get out late morning and get some Sun Dawg!

Bluerun: Sounds like you are going through it. Sad Hang in there!

Dave: Just run hard for 3.1 and see what you get, then hold on until 4!  Something to do to get away for awhile. 

Nice runs Everyone!

oldfartrunner

<----------- Oh, new race pic from Sunday. Free hi-res downloads! Will post full-size later.

Seen that, nice!  You look skinnier than your profile pic?

Bert-o

I lost my rama

OFR - Sorry to hear the Adidas didn't work out for you.   It's why I prefer the Bostons, because they add more cushion underneath the foot, but essentially the same shoe.  I have an older version of the Adios but they're kept for short races... feet will hurt anything longer than a Half.  Maybe use them to crush a 4 mile race?  Nice 12 miler today! 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

oldfartrunner

OFR - Sorry to hear the Adidas didn't work out for you.   It's why I prefer the Bostons, because they add more cushion underneath the foot, but essentially the same shoe.  I have an older version of the Adios but they're kept for short races... feet will hurt anything longer than a Half.  Maybe use them to crush a 4 mile race?  Nice 12 miler today! 

Thanks, and yeah, might have to pick up a pair of the Bostons if RW puts them on sale like the adios.

How's the legs doing?  Ready to delve into the dark world of ultra trail running?

RunningOnSand

Thanks, and yeah, might have to pick up a pair of the Bostons if RW puts them on sale like the adios.

How's the legs doing?  Ready to delve into the dark world of ultra trail running?

They're $75 right now.

oldfartrunner

They're $75 right now.

Yeah, that is 8D only, the others are 106.95. Smile Thanks for the heads up though!  You run in yours yet?

RunningOnSand

Yeah, that is 8D only, the others are 106.95. Smile Thanks for the heads up though!  You run in yours yet?

oh must only be womens sizing!

I haven't yet. going to compare them to the bostons and send back the loser. Wink Big grin

oldfartrunner

oh must only be womens sizing!

I haven't yet. going to compare them to the bostons and send back the loser. Wink Big grin

Good strategy!  Let me know how the fit is between the shoes. I wear 11s in just about everything and that leaves me with about a thumb width. The Adios 3s, I had to go up to 11.5 to get that. The Bostons might be good in 11s? That is what I was wanting to know.

Cyberic

Good strategy!  Let me know how the fit is between the shoes. I wear 11s in just about everything and that leaves me with about a thumb width. The Adios 3s, I had to go up to 11.5 to get that. The Bostons might be good in 11s? That is what I was wanting to know.

I have Adios Boost 2s, and Boston 5s, all in size 13. The Adios sure feel tighter, more snug. Of course you want the comparison between Adios 3s and Boston 6s, so you can ignore my comment, or not. Your choice. You actually have that choice with pretty much all my comments, as I'm often a little off.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 miles. Nice and cool out, only downside is my sinuses aren't happy from the drastic switch. I run across the rec fields at a local school; people were watching the soccer practice in parkas. Um, ok. Apparently Baltimore Running Festival really wants to make sure I know my race number. They sent it out yesterday and today. i get it, I need to give that at the expo.

onemile

I ran 8

Baboon

delicate flower

I did my bike workout and couldn't come anywhere near the watts I was supposed to hit.  It was like the running equivalent of being 60 seconds off interval paces.  I didn't force it though and just did a moderate effort ride.  Oh yeah, and on the bike trainer for the first time since April.  Stupid early sunset.

<3