Beginners and Beyond

Freezing TuesDAILIES (Read 47 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ended up getting in 5.1 miles this afternoon with Dorian in the stroller and Jetta on leash, I MIGHT have done more than 5.1 because of a some mild screw-ups between mile 2 and 3 when I thought I was pausing my garmin and then resuming but I think it was the other way around for like 2-3 minutes....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I heard a rumor that there was a cold front heading our way.  Yeap.  So cold right now:

Damaris

Hiya peeps.  I'm starting to like this place, and a few of you have wormed your way into my heart already, which is saying something for rando internet personalities who I know only by avitar and screen name.  Anyway, good stuff on here today.  A lot of shoe talk, which makes me itchy to buy some shoes.

7 this morning.  I saw the "swing moon" too, and thought it looked really cool.  However, I did not know it was called that, so now I'm educated.

I am super weird, I actually kind of like it when sunrise is later because it makes it pretty much a given I'll see the whole thing unfold.  By the time I get out the door in mid June, it's already happened.  Also, even if I do get out early enough, our summers are notorious for "June gloom," which really lasts from May until mid-August, so I don't get the spectacular sunrises--just kind of lame gradual lightening of a grayish sky.  This morning on the other hand was all sorts of colors and crazy clouds.  Just beautiful!

I do hate the getting dark earlier in the evenings though, and become irrationally angry every year when I'm forced to get off daylight saving time, and get back on PST.  Leaving work in the dark is stupid, and I don't like it.  The only reason I would support California opting out of the United States would be to change the damn time zone to perma-Mountain.  I doubt that's happening, so at some point Imma move to Arizona and kick it like OFR with the same time zone ALL. YEAR. LONG.  Ok, rant over.  Carry on.

DavePNW

I so prefer having more daylight in the morning, for my runs. IDGAF about daylight in the evenings, because I don't do jack squat in the evening. I spend an hour or so sitting in traffic to get home, eat dinner, pack my lunch & gym bag for the next day, watch Jeopardy, and go to bed. No daylight needed.

Dave

LRB

7 this morning.  I saw the "swing moon" too, and thought it looked really cool.  However, I did not know it was called that, so now I'm educated.

Actually, I'm not sure that it is. I came up with that while trying to describe what I saw to coworkers this morning, a few of whom saw it too.

It turns out one of the stars was Venus, and the other one was Mars. Now I really wish I had my phone, but am just grateful that I saw it at all. You're right, it was beautiful!

Here is a rendering of it:

LRB

I heard a rumor that there was a cold front heading our way.  Yeap.  So cold right now:

Why do you only have one bar of signal in Miami FFS? Your cell phone service provider should be fired!

Baboon

delicate flower

That Gordon Hayward injury....      

<3

LRB

That Gordon Hayward injury....      

The commentator though.

Cyberic

Stupid early sunset.

I got to run in my usual park yesterday using my new head lamp. Loved it because my new gear worked well. Bring on the darkness!

In the winter we become creatures of the night. Best be prepared.

Bring on the darkness!

Bring on the darkness!

GEHamlin

Awesome... you don't need to wear rain gear!!!  Are you in Blue or Orange?

Blue!

Coastal

Cyber:  Which headlamp did you get?  I'm asking because I'm considering upgrading my old Sprinter (70 lumen) to a new one. 

Running in the winter is embracing the dark (and wet, and cold, and....) 

GinnyinPA

I ran 4 tempo miles with the Beer Runners this evening. Probably our last run without headlamps.

I had ordered a new pair of Asics Nimbus, on sale. They arrived this afternoon. Turns out rumor was true, the 19s are narrower in the toe than the 18s and 17s.  I hate it when they change a model so it's unwearable. Since those were my long run shoe, I need to start over and find something wide and cushioned. (I also have bony feet.)

DavePNW

In the winter we become creatures of the night. Best be prepared.

Dave

DavePNW

I had ordered a new pair of Asics Nimbus, on sale. They arrived this afternoon. Turns out rumor was true, the 19s are narrower in the toe than the 18s and 17s.  I hate it when they change a model so it's unwearable. Since those were my long run shoe, I need to start over and find something wide and cushioned. (I also have bony feet.)

YES.

WTF, shoe companies???

Dave

Cyberic

Cyber:  Which headlamp did you get?  I'm asking because I'm considering upgrading my old Sprinter (70 lumen) to a new one. 

Running in the winter is embracing the dark (and wet, and cold, and....) 

Got the Sprinter (Black Diamond). Not so bright, but relatively light weight, beam is wide enough, red light in the back so I'm seen, doesn't bounce around. I guess for trails I'd want brighter, but for city running, I'm happy.