Beginners and Beyond

NYC Marathon Runners (Read 92 times)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

thanks!

Logistically, when I'm wearing a pace band and Garmin on one wrist and "no-baggage" bracelet on the other, I think it would be a bit of a pain to roll the arm warmers up or down.   Guess I'll stick with long sleeves for now.  Nothing new on race day, right?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have the same issue but with the TomTom, TO, as my watch has the HRM on the wrist.  So, at least the long sleeve will be easier to move out of the way so that I can properly run based on HR.

Last year I ran NY on a light LS and I was freezing like a fucking popsicle all through the race.  And I think the wind this year is forecasted worse than last year.  Based on the fact that it is 88F, I am loving this shit.

Damaris

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

well, I'm a bit more acclimated to cold weather so I think I'll be ok 

all my runs in the past week have been in the 39 to 50F range, worse if you count windchill.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

well, I'm a bit more acclimated to cold weather so I think I'll be ok 

all my runs in the past week have been in the 39 to 50F range, worse if you count windchill.

I love running in the cold.  My runs last week were cold for Miami.  In the low 80s. 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was actually surprised that people were all packed up like eskimos (to steal Lily's expression from her RR) a the Chicago start line.  FFS, it was 51F when I left the hotel.  I had the same clothes on my avi and I was not even chilly.

Maybe I should rethink my outfit, LOL.  Except I'm not racing it and will probably walk some so it's for the best.

Damaris

happylily

I was actually surprised that people were all packed up like eskimos (to steal Lily's expression from her RR) a the Chicago start line.  FFS, it was 51F when I left the hotel.  I had the same clothes on my avi and I was not even chilly.

Maybe I should rethink my outfit, LOL.  Except I'm not racing it and will probably walk some so it's for the best.

You can't say the word Eskimo! It's a bad word! We say Inuits. I said polar bear in my RR. Polar bear is also acceptable. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You can't say the word Eskimo! It's a bad word! We say Inuits. I said polar bear in my RR. Polar bear is also acceptable. 

Did you check with the polar bears before using it?

Damaris

happylily

Did you check with the polar bears before using it?

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

you people are cracking me up

HappyLilly - definitely wear the white arm warmers with red maple leaves.  Thus, so we can hear the television announcers remark as the first wave passes, "in our international field, we have Julie representing Canada".

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

I wear more clothes while running than anybody you've ever seen.

I'll call that and raise you one layer Smile

Lily - wear less than this, for sure.

B-Plus

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Ok, first, that Canadian dude is creepy. I am not wearing that, thank you very much. Second, Jay is cute even when bundled up with a Boston marathon scarf and wearing welder's glasses. Thirdly, I pity my country if I ever end up representing it internationally. Take the creepy Canadian dude instead. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

BTW, the feels like at 8am is forecasted to be at 25F.

This is from weather.gov.  The blue line is windchill, the other line is actual temps. Winds at 21mph.

Damaris