Beginners and Beyond

NYC Marathon Runners (Read 92 times)

bluerun

Super B****

A toupee is a regular sized hairpiece, a tuque is a monstrous sized one.

A supersized afro toupee?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I could explain what a tuque is, but this is funnier Big grin

Next they'll wanna know what a hoser is, eh?

LRB

A supersized afro toupee?

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  That's the ticket! 

bluerun

Super B****

Doesn't sound very aerodynamic though...

chasing the impossible

LRB

Doesn't sound very aerodynamic though...

Right, plus she did say it would look too monstrous:

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

That's two hosers wearing toques

Next they'll wanna know what a hoser is, eh?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris don't you have a couple sparkleskirts? Can't even feel my phone in the leg pockets.... only way I can carry my phone comfortably. I just bought a flip belt at a race expo and that seems like it'll work well too but haven't really tried it yet on a long run. They may be at the NYCM expo

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris don't you have a couple sparkleskirts? Can't even feel my phone in the leg pockets.... only way I can carry my phone comfortably. I just bought a flip belt at a race expo and that seems like it'll work well too but haven't really tried it yet on a long run. They may be at the NYCM expo

I usually don't run with a Sparkle Skirt and for this one it will be too light (if I run in a skirt, I would choose another one with similar pockets that is black).  The iPhone 6 won't fit the Flip Belt.  I have a Roo Sport pocket with an ion to stick to anything so I guess I'll use that.  I tried it today and I didn't even feel this block of cement at all.

Here it is.  The phone actually fits great in it with the case and I just need to stick this somewhere:

But I'll be running in the Minnie Sparkle Skirt for the Wine & Dine HM next week so thanks for the idea.  I think it will fit there well!  (Although I need to try it with the iPhone 6 is bigger than the prior versions).

Damaris

happylily

A tuque is the correct way to say a toque. You people make me angry.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh hadn't heard of a Roo Sport....where does it attach?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh hadn't heard of a Roo Sport....where does it attach?

It has a magnet, so anywhere.  You just fold it anywhere on the pants/skirts.  My case is pretty big and it does fit in there.  But if I didn't have the phone, it can fit 3-4 gels, the iPhone, keys, and stuff.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, I have seen it an expos lately, so check the NYCM expo.

http://www.theroosport.com/

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

A tuque is the correct way to say a toque. You people make me angry.

I don't know what that is either!!  I should just go to sleep because in the morning I'll be all, oh, a TOQUE!

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

The only time I carried my phone was in my first, and it was in an armstrap. Which seems like a pretty straightforward way to do it.

I used a Spibelt in Detroit for the first time. Worked great, never noticed it there. Had everything BUT my phone in there - 4 gels, inhaler and my friggin' passport. Could have also fit my phone in there, and probably my iPad and a 6-pack of beer. That thing stretches like crazy, it's like a Mary Poppins or Hermione bag.

Dave