Beginners and Beyond

SUNdalies (Read 37 times)

delicate flower

HEY!  11.4 done with DW.  10:10 pace.  Easy for me, work for her.

DaveP YTD:  1620.  Baboon YTD:  1611.  Eff.

<3

LRB

With me nowhere to be found.  lol

B-Plus

Trying the Mizunos again?  I cannot wait for our temps to go down enough to make it not lethal to go to the only technical trail here at 8am and run.

These are non-technical trails, but I think I will put the hayates on just because 

B-Plus

BP, you have the greatest tales about your runs, I am sure there will be something.  lol

Well I was thinking about starting a thread yesterday to ask about women's rundies cause when I was running up the bridge behind this girl there was a breeze and her skirt kept blowing up and I could see full on ass cheeks.

I am just glad we are not counting bike miles.

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Rather sweaty 8 done and another bobcat encounter.   no shit taking. balls as big as church bells bobcat...   stood broadside to me and watched me come...  about 1 stride away he growled and I carefully did that little side step run where your upper body doesn't really move out of line but your legs do.

Yeah...  he said Fuck you human... and I said Damn boy you got some Huge balls, and by the way thanks for not taking a chunk out of my leg. 'Cause that would suck... I figure his threshold was somewhere in the 6-8 inch range... I was in the 10-12 range...

On a more concerned note, I hope he doesn't do that to bikes, a collision wouldn't leave him in very good shape. (nor the rider)

LRB

Garmin says I burned 1979 calories today (if you believe in those things), and I am going to try to get every one of them bitches back while at the theater eating yummy pizza and drinking wine, plus a few hundred more for good measure!

On the docket; Guardians of the Galaxy.

See ya! 

LRB

Rather sweaty 8 done and another bobcat encounter.   no shit taking. balls as big as church bells bobcat...   stood broadside to me and watched me come...  about 1 stride away he growled and I carefully did that little side step run where your upper body doesn't really move out of line but your legs do.

Yeah...  he said Fuck you human... and I said Damn boy you got some Huge balls, and by the way thanks for not taking a chunk out of my leg. 'Cause that would suck... I figure his threshold was somewhere in the 6-8 inch range... I was in the 10-12 range...

Ho.  Lee.  Shit!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Apparently I forgot to hit post like 3 hours ago.......

Mother nature can't hold me down! Although she almost did.

My first 18 miles finished like a champ, temperatures were 73 degrees, 94% humidity and a dew point of 71 and no wind whatsoever but thankfully it was cloudy and kept the sun hidden.

I will say the last 4 miles sucked major dick though, and by mile 17 I was out of water in both my hydration reservoir and my 12 oz bottle so I was so glad that I only had a mile left.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Yikes, Slymoon, glad you're OK!

On the subject of chafing, I never realized what a serious factor humidity was in the chafing equation.  I've used almost a whole tube of vaseline since I've been down here, and I still miss spots sometimes.  I mean, who would have thought you had to prepare for collarbone chafing, for example?  At the park, there was some dude with a mysterious red stain at nipple height on the back of his singlet.  Guess if he turns it around so he can't see it, it's all good, right?

Ran 10.7 today.  I needed 9.9 for my weekly mileage, decided to go up to 10.5 since I was feeling stronger as I went and I wanted to hit my yearly high.  Then I got home and realized I was 0.2 short.  So I went back out the door and ran those 0.2.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

These are non-technical trails, but I think I will put the hayates on just because 

Good!  I am living through you.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Garmin says I burned 1979 calories today (if you believe in those things), and I am going to try to get every one of them bitches back while at the theater eating yummy pizza and drinking wine, plus a few hundred more for good measure!

On the docket; Guardians of the Galaxy.

See ya! 

You rang?  Enjoy!

Man, there is not enough water in the world to hydrate for a LR in the 100s.  Not enough.  I need more.

Damaris

LRB

Apparently I forgot to hit post like 3 hours ago.......

Mother nature can't hold me down! Although she almost did.

My first 18 miles finished like a champ, temperatures were 73 degrees, 94% humidity and a dew point of 71 and no wind whatsoever but thankfully it was cloudy and kept the sun hidden.

I will say the last 4 miles sucked major dick though, and by mile 17 I was out of water in both my hydration reservoir and my 12 oz bottle so I was so glad that I only had a mile left.

Congrats, we told you you would kill it!

LRB

You rang?  Enjoy!

Man, there is not enough water in the world to hydrate for a LR in the 100s.  Not enough.  I need more.

I am hoping no one sits in front of me so I can rest my legs on the seat.  lol

In the post-run hydration category, so far I have put back 80+ ounces of lemonade, water and chocolate silk and just grabbed a 16 ounce Malbec.  

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2   I had to stop at a friends at mile 10 for water. I wasn't dehydrated but my internal temp was getting too high. Even with a few stops just to cool off I needed water and to sit for a bit. The last 1.2 was easy after that.

Marjorie