Beginners and Beyond

SUNdalies (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You are behind!  I had 80oz immediately after the run in the form of G, water and my recovery drink. That was before breakfast.  And I drank during.  damn humidity.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was hilarious because I was telling my husband yesterday that August so far was not as bad as last year when I had to run in the 90s and 80 dewpoint At 5am. Ironic now, isn't it?

Damaris

Rather sweaty 8 done and another bobcat encounter.   no shit taking. balls as big as church bells bobcat...   stood broadside to me and watched me come...  about 1 stride away he growled and I carefully did that little side step run where your upper body doesn't really move out of line but your legs do.

Yeah...  he said Fuck you human... and I said Damn boy you got some Huge balls, and by the way thanks for not taking a chunk out of my leg. 'Cause that would suck... I figure his threshold was somewhere in the 6-8 inch range... I was in the 10-12 range...

On a more concerned note, I hope he doesn't do that to bikes, a collision wouldn't leave him in very good shape. (nor the rider)

That is simultaneously the scariest and funniest thing I've read today. Glad you made it safely.

As for me, I timed 1 mile to see how fast I could do it -- 8:22. I'm very happy with that!

5K: 33:21 (2013)

Dances With Bobcats - cool, glad you and your furry friend are both in one piece

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats, we told you you would kill it!

There were times I questioned it and my sanity, at some points I felt my asthma from my teens coming back.... poohy

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

There were times I questioned it and my sanity, at some points I felt my asthma from my teens coming back.... poohy

We all have long run tales my little some day to be marathoner.  Rest and recover well.

LRB

Time to crank up the sounds and head home.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Time to crank up the sounds and head home.

But, did you watch the movie?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sly, that must have been scary.  But way to tell the tale!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I am just really glad to have it done. I am freaking starving lol.

We all have long run tales my little some day to be marathoner.  Rest and recover well.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Damaris, i  always drink 72 oz of water when I come back from a hot run. Then a lot more after a shower. Our dew point was off the charts. If the sun hadn't been blaring if have been fine. I've run in worse conditions.  I was tempted to stop at 5.6 where I often get water. I should have but felt fine. Meh, is what it is. My friend was home so it worked. Otherwise would gave been the last little bit home as a death march, getting water than finishing. I wanted more miles today, but stopped at my minimum because I didn't want to collapse. I don't complain about our heat and dew point here, no point in complaining. I choose to live here so I don't complain about the weather. Reminds me I need to go change the newspaper in my shoes. I'm sure it is saturated and won't be pulling out more sweat. Need to put fresh in. I'm guessing this will be a four paper change out day.

Marjorie

I choose to live here so I don't complain about the weather. 

How refreshing! 

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

At least i don't think I complain about our weather. I hope not. I don't care if others do, doesn't bother me.

You really shouldn't see me comment about our temps. I can't control them so they are what they are.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

How refreshing! 

I didn't choose to live here!

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies. No run for me today, yet. I may go out for a few very easy miles tonight. Lately, it seems as though all of my runs are easy. Now I'm off to play drums with a band at some party. good times.