Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #16 (Read 37 times)

bluerun

Super B****

8.5 on the AlterG.

I've been back at work for less than an hour and I already need another vacation.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Feet are achy pants today. I might shuffle a few miles in my new Nike No Injury Infinity Whatever shoes, or I might just do a streak mile and call it good, or I might wind up with my planned 8-10 easy if I get out there and feel fine. Calves need some serious TLC and that's probably the root cause, because I can feel it all the way into my arches when I stretch them.

Gonna do some foam rolling before I head out and NBD if I wind up with less/minimal mileage, just need to be rested and loose again by Sunday.

DavePNW

On the front page of findmymarathon.com. 

Dave

onemile

On the front page of findmymarathon.com. 

their forecast is slightly cooler than most but overall things are looking pretty good. upper 40's to low 50s for race time. I can work with this!

9 at Burke lake, inside right ham didn’t tighten till 8.5 but that’s okay as both sets of hams were tuckered before then and I had already decided to stop at 9

Addendum:  Oops! Today was day six in a row, us old folks need more rest than that.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have either my RD or 4 tonight.

Awesome weather for Houston! That's cause we decided not to go so you're welcome, onemile!

Damaris

onemile

That's cause we decided not to go so you're welcome, onemile!

is that why it was so hot for Indy this year? And the Chicago marathon? And the Wisconsin marathon last spring?

sdWhiskers

8 miles with 4 x 200/200 jog, 2 x 1 mi with 1 min rest, 4 x 200/200 jog

Oof. I didn't think I could do this, but I did. Including the final set of 200s. "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger...."

Meetings today 8:15-3pm

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

is that why it was so hot for Indy this year? And the Chicago marathon? And the Wisconsin marathon last spring?

You forgot the record breaking heat at Disney. I think it's 2020. 2019 was fine. Wink

Damaris

onemile

You forgot the record breaking heat at Disney. I think it's 2020. 2019 was fine. Wink

Nope. If you choose races that are usually cool, they are usually cool even when you run them. Pro tip: Don't choose races in FL 

DavePNW

Any tech geeks here have any idea why RA will not load at all when I’m on wifi, but is OK on mobile? No issues with any other websites on wifi.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope. If you choose races that are usually cool, they are usually cool even when you run them. Pro tip: Don't choose races in FL 

My husband said the same thing, fancy that, ha.

I should've stayed in bed, though. My own fault. But after paying $2K for everything I had to go. 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Any tech geeks here have any idea why RA will not load at all when I’m on wifi, but is OK on mobile? No issues with any other websites on wifi.

Are you on different browsers?

Damaris

DavePNW

Are you on different browsers?

Nope. Safari on iPhone/iPad. My iPad can only connect via wifi. On the phone, it does not load on wifi, but I turn off wifi and it loads just fine. Weird. The google is of little help, and only suggest things like changing my DNS server which is way above my pay grade.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles with 4 x 200/200 jog, 2 x 1 mi with 1 min rest, 4 x 200/200 jog

Oof. I didn't think I could do this, but I did. Including the final set of 200s. "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger...."

Meetings today 8:15-3pm

Looks like you did the full mile. I have typically gone with Daniel's modification of 6 minutes at T.