Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #16 (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

Cyberic,  I actually understand that. To me, that's the sign of a great IT guy, you can make non IT folks understand.

Thank you 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Whenever I see DNS, I think of my marathon in 2013. 

I have many of those so I thought the same. Ha.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Ha yes. You could get a job in IT tech support.  How’s your Windows 10 doing? 

Well...my email works? Otherwise, I think all my programs have been re-installed but nothing is actually functioning properly. All kinds of errors. And endless Webex mtgs with IT support that doesn't understand SUITABLE business hours for the West Coast.

Right now I'm heading back to the dentist to have my new crown placed. Which is more enjoyable than my IT mess.

RunningOnSand

Hey there folks. January has arrived in MN! It was -9*F this morning with a feels like of -25*F.  Luckily, it'll warm up to the single digits tomorrow morning, but we're supposed to get pummeled with snow, starting around noon tomorrow. The experts are forecasting 6-10" of snow! Wheee! I'm kind of excited. 

I'm even more excited to track Onemile at Houston this weekend, though! Jenny, will you be providing us (who don't know your last name) with your bib #? I know you've said this before, but what is your GMP? Looking forward to cheering you on virtually! Big grin

Since it's not safe to be outside in this "weather", I ran 6.25mi inside on the TM. Via the TM, my avg pace was a 9:35mm, and via Stryd, it's 10:32mm (and 5.8mi), which has been pretty consistent with all my runs on the TM (my TM says I'm about 1min/mi faster than the Stryd). All the articles I can find say that my Tm is probably wrong, but from a feeling perspective I can't believe the Stryd is right (based off paces I run outside, and races, etc.). So....

Onto a diff topic, I felt pretty great today, minus my Achilles, which, like Lauren's feet issue, seems like it's a calves issue. I need to stretch those babies out (or more likely do some foam rolling, etc.).

Re: computers, I have absolutely no idea how they work. Eric, thanks for dumbing it down for us to understand, and Dave, I hope you get your issue figured out soon.

Blue, sorry work sucks. It's hard to come back from a vacation overloaded with work shiz.

onemile

I'm even more excited to track Onemile at Houston this weekend, though! Jenny, will you be providing us (who don't know your last name) with your bib #? I know you've said this before, but what is your GMP? Looking forward to cheering you on virtually! Big grin

Lucky #3030

The plan is to start off a little slower for the first few miles to ease into a 7 minute pace and then lock into a groove of 6:55-7:05 miles.

sdWhiskers

Cyberic,  I actually understand that. To me, that's the sign of a great IT guy, you can make non IT folks understand.

+1

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lucky #3030

The plan is to start off a little slower for the first few miles to ease into a 7 minute pace and then lock into a groove of 6:55-7:05 miles.

Nice bib.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Lucky #3030

Woot! Sounds awesome!!!!

DavePNW

6 miles. Warming up, so snow is melting & randomly falling off trees I am running under. Took several surprise snow showers.

Dave

From the Internet.

Lucky #3030

AWW YEAH! Go get it done!!

From the Internet.

A single streak mile. My foot was borderline-achy, enough that pushing it would be dumb, and I decided I'd rather be inside and playing my guitar vs outside in the cold wind. That's life sometimes I guess - embrace the easy/rest day when it chooses you, lol.

bluerun

Super B****

Lucky #3030

My team president would say "That's a fast number" ... but really I just like it because it looks nice. Lucky for sure

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Lucky #3030

Shit, you might run an OTQ!

onemile

My team president would say "That's a fast number" ... but really I just like it because it looks nice. Lucky for sure

Ideally I would run a 3:03:00 

LRB

A single streak mile. My foot was borderline-achy, enough that pushing it would be dumb, and I decided I'd rather be inside and playing my guitar vs outside in the cold wind. That's life sometimes I guess - embrace the easy/rest day when it chooses you, lol.

Um, cough-cough, ahem; we're gonna need some video of that. Link us up!