Beginners and Beyond

Well, it is the Saturdailies (Read 32 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes, it is

10.1. Now puppy pool. Didn't jump in the pool today. Didn't have enough time since I did a few extra miles than I had planed.

Marjorie

outoftheblue

You just beat me to it.  I'll try to delete my thread.

Life is good.

outoftheblue

I wasn't sure how to delete, sorry for spamming the board with nonsense.  Anyway, off to run 15 miles by the reservoir today.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 miles tonight.  And hubby gave me his cold.  Bah.

OOTB, even the admins cannot delete a thread.  I can lock it for you (although other admins can unlock and have fun with it as they have before).  Ha.

Damaris

happylily

Finally! Thanks Marj for starting the dailies. Bunch of lazies all of them... except you, of course.  By the way, is Basya injured? She doesn't come around as regularly anymore. :-(

Zel, SO and I both loved the Grand Budapest Hotel! Charming, quirky and full of humor. I understand why all these famous names would agree to playing small parts in the movie. It looks like it must have been great fun to film. 

I have 10 easy miles today, but I may break them into 2, or even 3, runs. They're just junk miles, really. Later, I'm having supper with my SIL at a restaurant in Montreal. I will try to convince her to accompany me to Chicago for the marathon. She's already my chaperone in New York, for the November race, so I'm not sure that she'll be interested in Chicago. SO can't make it because of work. I may have to cancel my race if I can't find anyone to travel with me and hold my hand while I'm shaking like a leaf at the thought of running another marathon... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lily, I think there is something going on with Basya because she posted something in FB about meds, so maybe she is sick.  I'll go check!

ETA: yes, she is sick.  Hope she feels better soon!

Damaris

happylily

Lily, I think there is something going on with Basya because she posted something in FB about meds, so maybe she is sick.  I'll go check!

ETA: yes, she is sick.  Hope she feels better soon!

Oh no!  Basya, we miss you! Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks, D!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got 3.1 easy miles in this morning, made sure to make it easy as it was unplanned but I just wanted to get out there.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I can lock it for you (although other admins can unlock and have fun with it as they have before).  Ha.

Now why would I anyone do that. 

LRB

I wasn't sure how to delete, but figured spamming the board with nonsense was better than nothing.

FYP. 

Dropped one of the cars off for service then took off running.  I needed 8 easy for today and was not sure how I was going to do it because I was not sure how far away that place was but close enough with 8.1.

It was foggy as heck today, nice run though.

Zelanie

Morning, everyone!  Today is my first day back at Weight Watchers, so I have to to my "official" weigh-in.  I did great in Costa Rica, this past week was rough!  Back on the wagon for me, though!  I will head out for my 10 miler after that, hopefully it won't be too hot.

Marjorie- Hope the puppies enjoy the pool!

OOTB- Have a great 15-miler!

D- Feel better soon!

Lily- Glad you liked the movie. Smile   Have you seen other Wes Anderson movies?  The Royal Tennenbaums and Moonrise Kingdom are good.

FreeSoul- Glad you got a nice run in!

LRB- Sounds like the perfect distance away for your run, nice!

LRB

Morning, everyone!  Today is my first day back at Weight Watchers, so I have to to my "official" weigh-in.  I did great in Costa Rica, this past week was rough!

Great?  I would say you did amazeballs!!!!!  lol

You are an awesome writer, I really enjoyed your stories!

Zelanie

Great?  I would say you did amazeballs!!!!!  lol

You are an awesome writer, I really enjoyed your stories!

Thank you!  I enjoyed keeping the blog and hopefully will get around to writing the last couple of posts that I've been writing in my head.

I meant as far as eating.  I came home very close to the same weight as when I left, but somehow in the week I've been back, that number has gone up!  It's hard to pass things up that you haven't had in a couple of months, and at this mileage, I can get away with a lot, but that's not unlimited, as you know!  Of course, DH and I went out for dinner and dessert last night, and that was so worth it!  But, like I said, back on the wagon today.

LRB

Thank you!  I enjoyed keeping the blog and hopefully will get around to writing the last couple of posts that I've been writing in my head.

I meant as far as eating.  I came home very close to the same weight as when I left, but somehow in the week I've been back, that number has gone up!  It's hard to pass things up that you haven't had in a couple of months, and at this mileage, I can get away with a lot, but that's not unlimited, as you know!  Of course, DH and I went out for dinner and dessert last night, and that was so worth it!  But, like I said, back on the wagon today.

This cold be one for the marathon truths thread but I have completely foregone getting on that evil contraption until my training is over.  lol

I have been straight eating shit up the past two weeks and the only time I have weighed myself in that period was pre and post run to see what was lost and what I needed to put back in me.

Now of course when I say that I have not gone completely off the deep end so there is a method to the madness there, but I feel your pain!

For me though there is just too many variables at play; high mileage, long ass long runs, humidity, water in the air etc. to even make sense of it all.

Lily- Glad you liked the movie. Smile   Have you seen other Wes Anderson movies?  The Royal Tennenbaums and Moonrise Kingdom are good.

Agreed! Also The Darjeeling Limited. He is definitely not for everyone though.

And you're talking about weight - all the mileage I am putting up, I have not lost anything, in fact if anything I am up 1-2 lb. I definitely do a good job of replenishing what I burn. Which is not a big problem, I don't really need to lose anything, but knowing it will help cut minutes off my marathon time....

Anyway: 12 easy.

Dave