Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILY Morning You Sure Look Fine (Read 234 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREADCool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top O' the Mornin' to y'all!

No coffee today. No food today. No nothing but water. Heading downtown in a while for my annual health check, which includes simple blood work (cholesterol, glucose, etc.). I'm enjoying my 12 hour fast, which I timed down to the wire last night.

Once the test is complete, I can eat again.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jeepofspades

Morning everyone,
        hope the test goes well Tom.

Today I'm going for my normal run, just short 5 miles.

Hey RTR, I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. enjoy that physical........I need to get a few on he treadmill tonight, i need to run off the chocolate chip  cookies  i ate last night.......

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me today (except the pushups, pullups, and situps for my normal streak).

Tom, good luck with the physical.

Jeep, enjoy the 5.

Sparker, hope you hop on the TM!

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning, everyone!

Tom, may you be given a clean bill o'health.

Jeep, enjoy your five.

Scott, have a great run tonight.

4.0 miles done on the TM at 5.2mph (11:32). I warmed up with five minutes at a 1.5 incline, then, three times, alternated five minutes at a 10.0 incline and two minutes at a 1.5 incline. I kept the TM at a 1.5 incline until I reached 4.0 miles.

delicate flower

'Morning.

<3

LRB

PT today and Wednesday due to some reshuffling of schedules.  I'll run Tues and Thurs...hey, I kind of like that set up.  Hmm...

Anyhoo, sittin' here doin' what I do:

flarunner

Mornin' Chiclets!

Tom, I hope the test has good results for you.

Sparker - mmmm... chocolate chip cookies!

D - work those muscles, girl!

Basya - good job on the TM!

Did my regular 5 mile run too this morning (good job on that, Jeep!). It's gotten warmer - 65*, which is beautiful weather to run in. I'm just hoping it will cool down some for my little, tiny race on the 20th.

May your skies be blue and your traffic lights be green!

flarunner

Baboon - sorry, skipped over you. Mornin'

LRB - sneaked in. Have a good time with PT.

StepbyStep-SH

Tom - Hope you get a great report on the check-up.
                        Jeep - Make it a fun 5.
                        Sparker - Cookies? Mmmm .... cookies....
                        D - Rest well.
                        Basya - I don't think I've ever had a TM near 10% - I think I'd fall off.
                        Baboon - Morning and healing vibes. Do you hear more news today?
                        LRB - Pass that IV bag on down!
                        FLA - 65* sounds blissful.

I will decide a little later whether or not to run. I slept well last night (thanks to Walgreens' verson of Nyquil), so if the sudafed clears up congestion today and I'm not coughing, I'll try for a midday run of undetermined length. If I feel like I'd just cough my way through it, or I cut it short, I'll at least spend some time at home on planks, push-up, one-legged squats and deadlifts, etc. I'm usually not one to use a ton of meds for stuff like this, but this cold has been too strong, and going on too long, for me to just suffer through.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

LRB - sneaked in. Have a good time with PT.

Hey babe, blue skies and green lights?  I love it!

Shari, there's plenty for everyone.  I always make sure of it!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Sunday, January 6th, I participated in my 4th race of 2013.  Link to photos and report for this event is below.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A363b9097-0586-46ec-a20a-ce970ba1a83c&plckpostid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A363b9097-0586-46ec-a20a-ce970ba1a83cPost%3A0c3bc979-f199-4ae2-8430-7d2b4d77fc3f

On Saturday, I did a run/walk at Lackland Air Force Base, nearly 5 miles.  I haven't gone 5 miles in what seems like forever. Felt really strong and ran very well during my running segments, under 11 minutes per mile, which is 'speedy' for me, lol.

Today is a rest day.  Disappointed that my Redskins lost to Seattle but, to tell the truth, I really didn't think they could beat Seattle, especially with RGIII's knee the way it is.  He just was not playing like his old self. I think they should have had the backup quarterback playing the whole game.  Oh well, it is what it is.  Now I'm rooting for Seattle and the Houston Texans to go all the way.  Given that the Texans are next playing New England Patriots - uh oh... - I guess my hopes are with Seattle, lol.

As for the BCS game tonite, hope the Irish kick butt, I can't stand Alabama.

Flippin' cold this morning in San Antonio - cold for us, anyway - 34 degrees.  Doesn't last long though, will be 60 by this afternoon.   Then tomorrow and Wednesday we are supposed to get major rain, some fun.  When it rains around here, I always take the back roads to-and-from work and take it nice and easy cuz when it rains here lots of drivers seem to get stupid and lots of accidents result on the main thoroughfares.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No coffee today. No food today. No nothing but water. Heading downtown in a while for my annual health check. 

Dang, Tom, that just reminded me...this is my colonoscopy  year, I have one every 4 years, with my medical history, dang...I have to get that scheduled.  Some fun. Roll eyes   Wishing you great results for your health check.

5 SHORT miles, lol, jeepofspades.  5 miles is now my "long' run, lol.  Good luck with your run!

Good luck running off those cookies, Sparker.  For me, it's oatmeal raisin cookies, had some for dessert last night.

Aha!  Read that Penguin thread, but SUSPECTED you didn't have a TOTAL rest day, Damaris! Joking  Happy streaking with your pushups, etc.

Nice running, Basya!

Morning, baboon and LRB.  Hope you both have a great day!  Uggg, coffee...I just don't see how people can drink that nasty stuff.  Tight lips But what the heck do I know, I do eat dog biscuits on occasion, lol.

65 degrees, nice flarunner, my kind of weather!  Give me warm weather to run in anytime over cold. I hate cold weather!  I consider anything below 55 "cold", lol.

Hope you feel better, Step, and can get your run in.  If not...hope you heal quickly!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

I wish I had 65F.  It was already 70F at 6am.

Mornin' Chiclets!

Tom, I hope the test has good results for you.

Sparker - mmmm... chocolate chip cookies!

D - work those muscles, girl!

Basya - good job on the TM!

Did my regular 5 mile run too this morning (good job on that, Jeep!). It's gotten warmer - 65*, which is beautiful weather to run in. I'm just hoping it will cool down some for my little, tiny race on the 20th.

May your skies be blue and your traffic lights be green!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page