Beginners and Beyond

Control - Alternate - Delete - Thursday Penguins (Read 29 times)

Zelanie

I got the white/citron K3s. Under $50! I want to see if having more room helps my toes.

D- Hope you scored some good stuff at Lulu! I packed my Lulu jacket for tonight,  but sadly it's a bit tighter than I would like.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: That is another thing I learned, though it seems like common sense now; your feet swell when you run longer distances. Your toes should have more room with the extra half size, but you may een want to try a full size.  Depending on the brand of shoe, I like to go two sizes big.

Bin Running

Mel, under $50 is a steal!

Forgotten to mention today run went really well.. One of those good run day.. CW-X tights, Halo headband and Elixirs made for a good combo.. 9:25 pace.. Faster I did my LR, minus race. Had to remind myself to slow down..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bin, Friday night.

Now I'm trying to book for MCM.  Great hotel found and cheap and fuck, someone booked it before me.  Bah.  Looking again as I hear about shots fired in DC.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: Mine were $43 on clearance on the Running Warehouse. I even had a 15% coupon code so they were dirt cheap. When I first got them I was a bit skeptcal because they are so lightweight, but after using them, they are proving to be quite durable. I even used them on my 20 mile run.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So...... shots were fired at the Capitol Building and my boyfriend is on lockdown...... I'm bugging out over here......n

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SheCan

So...... shots were fired at the Capitol Building and my boyfriend is on lockdown...... I'm bugging out over here......n

yup, pretty freaky, but I guess as heated and divided as politics have become, it was only a matter of time.

12 miles done today.  Tracilynn you asked how i was doing after the break.  I'm doing good.  The rest was super good for me.  Yes, I have lost a bit of fitness perhaps (I'd rather have done 15-16 miles today) but getting my body to a fully rested state was so worth it for me.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

SheCan

Kristin-- Ohhh, i just reread what you said about your b/f being on lockdown.  I'm sorry sweetie, I didn't mean to be callus, I hope everything is going to be okay.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

He is ok....I had gotten him on the phone just before I posted that. I was in a coworker's office and the news story popped up on her computer and I basically had a heart attack and sprinted back to my office to call him, and he didn't pick up the first time....but thank God called me back within a minute or 2. Was just scary.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Bin - That's the plan.

I ready a article on running competitor that I found very interesting and informative. It says that there really is not reason to take time off while dealing with ITBS (which I'm still confident that this is what is causing me problems) as long as it doesn't cause you to change your gait. Last night I felt like I kept running the same way throughout the run just with a little more pain as the run progressed.

Also I really don't feel like I'm running hard every run. I rarely push anything over 9:45 and anything slower than that for me just don't feel natural. I feel like I'm forcing myself to do something it doesn't want to do. I have a 6 miler coming up on Saturday and I'm sure that I will probably run a little slower than normal.

Jack - I try not to be all in like that but right now I feel like I'm in competition with several guys at work and 2 of them run faster than me and one of them has only been at it for like 5 months now!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

JBJ: Hey, you can't worry about your friends at work; you can only do what can do. Another important thing I have learned is PATIENCE. With running, you can't expect results overnight or even in a few weeks. Keep at it. Go slow and steady. Get on a plan and do one long run a week, one or two speed workouts, and the rest easy. You will get there.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.6 @ 10:00. Very humid for a Northerner.  Felt slow, but decided to turn it up anyway.  DW was not happy with the pace.

Do you wear the K3's for long runs, Melanie?  I think I'm getting used to them.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I think part of what has kept me healthy was that the first 6 weeks of Daniels program was just easy running with the occasional strides.  By the time speedwork became a factor, I was running 60 mpw and felt bullet proof.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm with you, Gustav.  Off the next couple of days.  Went out for a sandwich last night, told the guy NO onions.  Got home, took a bite of the sandwich, swallowed...and tasted onions!  Onions do NASTY things to my body.  Ended up with a reaction, ended up at the doc's in the late PM for treatment, and then could not sleep most of the night.  Uggg, not fun.   Called my boss around 2 a.m. - her voice mail at her office - but had to hang up to throw up, lol.  Called her back, said I was taking a day, felt like crappola.  Damn onions and darn service people that don't get the orders right!   Stupid me, too, for not checking the order before I left for home.   Stayed in bed till 8:30 this morning, finally told myself quit being a slug, maybe a run will help sweat some of this out, and went to Fort Sam Houston and ended up running 3.6 miles of just about all hills..and not little hills either.  I actually did feel a little better after the run, but the doc wants me to stay home tomorrow from work too, cuz he gave me some stuff that will be cleaning out my system.  Take it tonite before I go to bed and then stick close by the toilet tomorrow, oh yeah, sounds like fun!  So I have a 4-day weekend, but....or should that be 'butt"....

Well, Penguins, look forward to lots of photo reports this month:  I registered today for all my October events:  5K this Saturday, 5K this Sunday;  5K on Oct 12;  taking a break on the weekend of 19th and 20th; 5K on Oct 26th; 5K on the morning of Oct 27th, and then another 5K that day at  6 P.M.  So 6 races for the month, which will give me 59 for the year.

Kristin, my thought is, you are going to do great for your race and if you run it like you said, 6 days is plenty of time to recover for your half, especially as a 5K is a pretty short race, so you won't be out there long at your speedy pace.   If you decide not to run the 5K like you said, you're still going to do great.  Either way, just go run it and enjoy yourself!  You go, girl!  Big grin

Carrying 20 lbs of apples sounds like work to me, Margo!  I don't carry anything heavier than a jar of dog biscuits.  Wink That applesauce sounds good though!  One food I actually do like.

1 day streak of rest days, yer funny, Jerry.  Happy running, whatever you decide to do.  You are in Chicago area, right?  Is it winter up there yet?

Happy new running shoes, Dave!  Yeah, what your wife said.  You know you're going to end up registering anyway, so just do it!  Big grin

Happy running at NOBO, Mitch!  Congrats on the miles last night.    Good to see you getting back to your old self.

When is your surgery scheduled,  Coralie?  Will send lots of "good vibes" out your way that day.   Just relax, take it easy, have fun with your running, no pressure, no pressure.   Where do you do your long runs?  May I suggest...drive to a local park somewhere that has trails,  scenery, etc., take your camera with you...just do your long run going easy, stop several times along the way, take some photos, and just enjoy being out there.  The miles will be done before you know it. And then, of course, share the photos of your scenic long run. Smile

Nice running for you last night, Zelanie, way to go!  Enjoy the shoes!

Happy chorus tonite, HsM.  What, you can't do some stretches at chorus while you sing?  Wink

Good stuff indeed, Jack!  Nice running for you!

Damaris, what is lulu-lemon?  Sounds like a shady used car dealer lot.... good luck with your miles.

Bin, they have Popeye's in Singapore?  And do you use olive oil on their food?  Wink  Congrats on your miles!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Bin, Friday night.

Now I'm trying to book for MCM.  Great hotel found and cheap and fuck, someone booked it before me.  Bah.  Looking again as I hear about shots fired in DC.

Damaris, are you going to MCM by yourself?  I have a cousin who lives in Manassas.  That is about a 32-mile drive from DC.  If it comes down to you not being able to find anything at all, let me know, I can always ask if she can put you up.   She is friendly and outgoing, with a good sense of humor and will probably talk your ear off though!  She is my favorite cousin.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt