Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES Simplified (Read 46 times)

DavePNW

8 miles.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Back day at the gym. Hopefully I can get a run in later today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Run, eat, massage, eat, last day of work until Monday, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat.

Just realized Monday is a holiday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ran 10 with 6 at MP on the TM because there are fires and smoke again. Sheesh. Pilates later.

Lauren, hope it's nothinf major.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

People don't eat on holidays?  You can ESU more!

Damaris

Little Blue

33% more weekend in every box bottle!

From the Internet.

Lauren- Hoping it's just a cramp.  My thigh cramped up big time when I was changing after the marathon, and it was way more sore than anything else for the next day or so.  I'd imagine the same thing would happen with a foot, so hopefully it passes just as quickly.

I've had it happen in my calf before and it feels the same way - never felt the cramp happen, just massive soreness as it gradually loosened back up. I tried to run on that calf, though, and that was a bad idea - just took longer to heal, so I won't be running until it's back to normal. It feels less awful than it did yesterday. More massage and rest and Epsom salt soaking today, and rolling out the right calf for good measure - can feel some knots when I poke around.

Woo, race pictures are up! Got a few that captured exactly how I felt by the end:

The cellulite is a nice touch in the second one, haha.

LRB

33% more weekend in every box bottle!

lol

LRB

That's squeezing blood from a rock in that second pic Lauren. Love it!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Agreed.

From the Internet.

I was pretty positive I was going to die, haha Smile I knew I'd want to race another one before I even got to the finish, though, in contrast to my last 5K, where it took me a good 5 minutes after the finish before I stopped swearing that I'd never race anything ever again!

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Badass, Lauren!  Also, cute shoes.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What cellulite?  All I saw was...Great Legs!  I'd chase 'em!    Nice photos!

I've had it happen in my calf before and it feels the same way - never felt the cramp happen, just massive soreness as it gradually loosened back up. I tried to run on that calf, though, and that was a bad idea - just took longer to heal, so I won't be running until it's back to normal. It feels less awful than it did yesterday. More massage and rest and Epsom salt soaking today, and rolling out the right calf for good measure - can feel some knots when I poke around.

Woo, race pictures are up! Got a few that captured exactly how I felt by the end:

The cellulite is a nice touch in the second one, haha.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Nice pics, Lauren!

<3

LRB

You can ESU more!

Starting in 3, 2, 1....