Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: To be or not to be? (Read 37 times)

happylily

Time to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune- expo day today!  I'm going to drive up after work and then drive back home because I need to work Saturday morning, and DD has a SAT prep class anyway.  Then on Saturday we'll drive back up to stay the night.

I'm so excited for you! Enjoy the expo!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I'm so excited for you! Enjoy the expo!

+1

There's only one first marathon, soak in every second of it!

StepbyStep-SH

I actually got up and ran this morning! I'm hitting the doldrums again re: running; the last two months have been a seesaw of 45 or 20 mile weeks, and I just don't have much motivation. But it was nice to be out and I beat the 25 mph winds that picked as it got light out.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I just had the worst possible dream ever!!

We were standing outside of our hotel in Indy, but the hotels were like some sort of condo subdivision thing.... weird, I was telling my stepson the plan for tomorrow's race in which I would go get breakfast after the race and bring it home (not the plan for Indy's) but then I noticed everyone dressed for the race and standing around in the street and on the sidewalks... I started freaking out and ran back inside to get ready. All the while I am trying to get ready and find my capri's/bottoms, DH is bugging me about sex........ the very last thing on my mind right before a race.

Good thing I woke up and it was just a dream.

Awesome job StepbyStep on getting out and running, 25mph winds.... whoohoo lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Dreams about the marathon are normal.  I dreamed I won my first marathon, that was all sorts of awesome!

Hi Step!  Sometimes it's tough when there is not a race on the horizon.   I would pick something in the spring and start devising a training plan for it.  That's what I did last year and it worked

DavePNW

Dreams about the marathon are normal.  I dreamed I won my first marathon, that was all sorts of awesome!

I also had a dream before a race that I won it. Before another race, I had a dream that I showed up but had forgotten my shoes.

Dave

happylily

I had a dream two weeks ago about the NYC marathon. I dreamt that they advertised that for $10 extra, you could race with a costume on and have access to more aid stations. I couldn't remember whether I had paid the extra fee when registering and I was anguishing over it. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I normally have nightmarish dreams, ones that show my insecurities or fear or anxieties. I most likely won't have one where I win the race lol, nope just dreams of missing the race, being late for the race or DH wanting sex while I am trying to get ready for the race.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Time to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune- expo day today!  I'm going to drive up after work and then drive back home because I need to work Saturday morning, and DD has a SAT prep class anyway.  Then on Saturday we'll drive back up to stay the night.

Wait, I have been too busy to remember IT'S YOUR WEEKEND!  Woohoo!  Can you give us your bib number so we can, you know, stalk the shit out of you?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I always have weird dreams before marathons.  I have not had any weird marathon dreams this time.  Although last night I dreamed I was been bitten by a weird animal and all swollen.  Maybe it's my subconscious way of giving me a marathon dream?

Damaris

DavePNW

I had a dream two weeks ago about the NYC marathon. I dreamt that they advertised that for $10 extra, you could race with a costume on and have access to more aid stations. I couldn't remember whether I had paid the extra fee when registering and I was anguishing over it. 

That is funny.

Dave

LRB

I also had a dream before a race that I won it. Before another race, I had a dream that I showed up but had forgotten my shoes.

I have had a few weird ones as well, usually about being late or missing it altogether.

B-Plus

My first marathon was similar to my first time having sex.

Hip Redux

My first marathon was similar to my first time having sex.

You were drunk in the woods?

Oh wait...