Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: To be or not to be? (Read 37 times)

DavePNW

My first marathon was similar to my first time having sex.

Not for me; my first marathon took a lot longer to finish than I expected.

Dave

LRB

lol

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

No run for me today. First of all, it is too hot, 101 today and tomorrow. Secondly, the pain is back; freakin' piriformis and Achilles trouble. I will try not to whine about it but I am not happy. Now I could be looking at an extended layoff. At least I have a hot date with DW arranged for tonight.

Have a good weekend and good luck to Zel, Fuzzy, and any other racers.

Zelanie

The Eugene marathon last year had a problem with their timing system and for a while one of our local runners was listed as having won the marathon in world record time. Her non-running friends on Facebook were all congratulating her because they had no idea that it was simply not possible.

LRB

No run for me today. First of all, it is too hot, 101 today and tomorrow. Secondly, the pain is back; freakin' piriformis and Achilles trouble. I will try not to whine about it but I am not happy. Now I could be looking at an extended layoff. At least I have a hot date with DW arranged for tonight.

If you have not, you may want to try to stand whenever possible.  Also, when you are seated, extend your legs as often as feasible.  Even while driving.  It may not sound like much but it is a start to getting those ass muscles un-knotted.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

If you have not, you may want to try to stand whenever possible.  Also, when you are seated, extend your legs as often as feasible.  Even while driving.  It may not sound like much but it is a start to getting those ass muscles un-knotted.

Thanks, LRB. I might also bring the lacrosse ball in the car and sit on it while driving. Also, I heard that beer might help so I am going to try that tonight.

LRB

The Eugene marathon last year had a problem with their timing system and for a while one of our local runners was listed as having won the marathon in world record time. Her non-running friends on Facebook were all congratulating her because they had no idea that it was simply not possible.

lol

Oh and

LRB

Thanks, LRB. I might also bring the lacrosse ball in the car and sit on it while driving. Also, I heard that beer might help so I am going to try that tonight.

I know it works for some but I tried the ball thing and did not like it.  Front kicks and high leg swings worked better for me, of course YMMV.

In any event keep the faith brother, you will beat this! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, are you just warning us that if we see you winning the race, refrain congratulations until we are sure?

Damaris

LRB

So, are you just warning us that if we see you winning the race, refrain congratulations until we are sure?

FTW!

lol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me earlier

Marjorie

From the Internet.

Heading out for a few miles soonish. Feeling mostly better than yesterday (cold symptoms blech), hopeful that I'll be close enough to normal on Sunday. Possibly my most vague post ever :P

Ric-G

5 miles this AM before the heat...have a great day all and good luck to anyone racing this weekend!

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I just read some more on this Blood Moon Run that I signed up for, it's tomorrow night (after the half marathon  Wink and I originally thought it was all on trails and part of a series but supposedly this is it's 1st and it is partially on the roads and trails out by the USI college. So, if I still have any energy in me left I might just race this one two and see if I can place 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

runninggirl30

Time to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune- expo day today!  I'm going to drive up after work and then drive back home because I need to work Saturday morning, and DD has a SAT prep class anyway.  Then on Saturday we'll drive back up to stay the night.

Good luck zelanie!