Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: To be or not to be? (Read 37 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I just had the worst possible dream ever!!

We were standing outside of our hotel in Indy, but the hotels were like some sort of condo subdivision thing.... weird, I was telling my stepson the plan for tomorrow's race in which I would go get breakfast after the race and bring it home (not the plan for Indy's) but then I noticed everyone dressed for the race and standing around in the street and on the sidewalks... I started freaking out and ran back inside to get ready. All the while I am trying to get ready and find my capri's/bottoms, DH is bugging me about sex........ the very last thing on my mind right before a race.

Good thing I woke up and it was just a dream.

Awesome job StepbyStep on getting out and running, 25mph winds.... whoohoo lol.

I'm so slow in pace that for the only marathon I ever did, I dreamed that it was an out-and-back (it wasn't) and I was the very last one and was still going to the turn-around point and  I got run over by all the participants already coming back. Then that cartoon street-sweep figure from Rocky and Bullwinkle.....

photo sweeper_zpsb68600a8.jpg

......came along and swept me up, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My first marathon was similar to my first time having sex.

You fell out?  DNF......     

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You know what, Miami?  Fuck you!  Yes, you!

Damaris

Cyberic

Not for me; my first marathon took a lot longer to finish than I expected.

Always the perfect reply Dave Big grin

DavePNW

So, are you just warning us that if we see you winning the race finishing in world record time, refrain congratulations until we are sure?

FYP.

Dave

DavePNW

You know what, Miami?  Fuck you!  Yes, you!

I know! The nerve of trying to convince you to switch to a 15 year fixed mortgage! Pisses me off!

Dave

happylily

I know! The nerve of trying to convince you to switch to a 15 year fixed mortgage! Pisses me off!

LoL... I was going to make a joke on that as well, but it wasn't as good as yours. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

That's it. Where do I sign to be an official member of your fan club? Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol.

Damaris

7.6 in windy but warmish rain showers.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pilates and 6 miles.  I really did not want to run the 6 miles.  My legs are super tired and she had no compulsion in killing them today.  But I finished.  At the pace I'm going I'll need a massage every day next week.

Damaris

LRB

Pilates and 6 miles.  I really did not want to run the 6 miles.  My legs are super tired and she had no compulsion in killing them today.  But I finished.  At the pace I'm going I'll need a massage every day next week.

So how many days did you end up doing Pilates this week?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So how many days did you end up doing Pilates this week?

Damaris

happylily

14 miles only. I started running much too late to do 15. First 10 miles progression from easy to HM pace and last 4 at 10:00 recovery pace. 8:28 overall pace.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

outoftheblue

This was a good Dailies thread today, sorry I'm coming in so late.  It was one of those days where I was in a race against the clock all day long.  Got up early to drive to the Bay Area for a dental appointment, and just made it in time.  Finished that up, and then ran some more errands, which mean by 2 I was sitting  in horrible traffic getting over the one lane road to the ocean.

Got to my house at 3 p.m., dashed inside to put on my running gear, and then dashed out to go to the coast trail for 16 miles w/ 12 at GMP.  Didn't have time for lunch (unless you count Gu).   It was 80 degrees, which explains all the heavy traffic as it's almost never this warm along the Nor Cal. coast.  Did 4 miles of warm-up, followed by 11 at GM.  I then kind of crashed and burned and converted the last mile into GMP+10% and called it a cool-down.   Ate a bag of potato chips, showered and just got caught up on the Dailies.

Good luck Zel on Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Life is good.