Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies don't care about weather! (Read 42 times)

LRB

Have you ever pressed 11 instead of 10, by mistake? It's real fun...

No, but I have tried to do 12 on purpose and the stupid thing could not hold the pace!

That sucks about the bill D. I have never gotten pet medical insurance because I figured with my luck, they would always find a way to wiggle out of paying the claim, and the money I would have paid all that time could have went towards the stupid bill instead.

happylily

It does not matter the amount, it could've been $50 and they would still deny it.

I think Pfitz does 100m strides which are 0.062 and not 1/10th of a mile?

Yes. Those insurance companies sound like real scams most of the time...

I'm partially OCD and I can't bear the idea of running .062 of a mile. So I start at 9.5 mpm, bring it to 10.2, and hang there until my tenth of a mile is done. That is why I always say I do 150m strides instead of 100m...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

No, but I have tried to do 12 on purpose and the stupid thing could not hold the pace!

That sucks about the bill D. I have never gotten pet medical insurance because I figured with my luck, they would always find a way to wiggle out of paying the claim, and the money I would have paid all that time could have went towards the stupid bill instead.

It's not nice to call yourself a stupid thing. You're too harsh on yourself. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes. Those insurance companies sound like real scams most of the time...

I'm partially OCD and I can't bear the idea of running .62 of a mile. So I start at 9.5 mpm, bring it to 10.2, and hang there until my tenth of a mile is done. That is why I always say I do 150m strides instead of 100m...

That sounds like a great way to do them, I just wanted to check that I had not measured incorrectly and therefore doing less.  1/10th of a mile is better and easier to count when you're doing several within one mile.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I found out I am assigned to "Hillkillers' team.   Kind of funny, since once a week I actually do a hill run and do try to 'kill the hills', lol.  Anyway,  apologies in advance, team,  that I won't be giving you a whole lot of weekly mileage, but I shall contribute those that I do.

I will try and send some of my nice weather your way, Damaris.  Without the pollen, though.  The pollen count around here lately has been ridiculously high!  Definitely not a conducive place here for people with any type of breathing-related allergies.

Congrats to you and Rocky, FreeSoul, and glad you didn't get run over!

Yay for the new shoes working for your, SIAR, and yay for seeing some sun!  Well, the YMCA I use as a 'base' for my hill training is closed today for some renovation, so I will be going to the Riverwalk today instead. Should be a nice choice because the sun is now starting to come out after a couple days of rain, sweet.

Good luck with your eating rules, Step!   My mental trick at night is eat my dinner, dessert, etc, and then FLOSS.  Once I floss my teeth, it's my 'mental' way of signaling to myself no more eating for the night.  Most of the time it works, but on occasion I fall off the wagon.

"Needle-geddon", lol, Hobbit.  Yeah, we took our tree down last night too.  Took the six-inch ceramic thing off the top of the TV, took the battery out of the back so it would not circle and play its music, and then put it back into the box again until next Christmas.     Enjoy the beer group run!  Beer run, that sounds good..I might have one today after my run on the Riverwalk.   Uggg, FLU!  Hope you don't get that!  It is going crazy down here in Texas too. So far, we've had 13 flu-related deaths in Houston, 21 in North Texas, and just recently - Monday, as a matter of fact -  a 29-year old mother of three died (http://abcnews.go.com/Health/healthy-texas-mom-dies-flu-29/story?id=21467701) - just awful...and very sad....

Get some Second Skin for the blister, Zelanie.  Good stuff.

Sorry about the hurting foot, Andrew.  Hope you can nip that in the bud pretty quickly!

Congrats on your run, LRB!  I hope you get get your wish for Saturday and do get released to outside.

How is the hip - it was hip, right? - progressing, Marjorie?  Congrats on your miles and on having a good day.

Good luck with your miles, Ric.  Interested to here your review on the film.

Congrats on your results, Baboon!

I also gained some weight during the holidays.  REALLY, lily?  WHERE?  I've seen your photos...I think fat is allergic to YOU.

So sorry abut the insurance, Damaris, that sucks! I wonder if it was one of THEIR pets, would the claim get approved?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

HobbitLegs

elevenses

"Needle-geddon", lol, Hobbit.  Yeah, we took our tree down last night too.  Took the six-inch ceramic thing off the top of the TV, took the battery out of the back so it would not circle and play its music, and then put it back into the box again until next Christmas.     Enjoy the beer group run!  Beer run, that sounds good..I might have one today after my run on the Riverwalk.   Uggg, FLU!  Hope you don't get that!  It is going crazy down here in Texas too. So far, we've had 13 flu-related deaths in Houston, 21 in North Texas, and just recently - Monday, as a matter of fact -  a 29-year old mother of three died (http://abcnews.go.com/Health/healthy-texas-mom-dies-flu-29/story?id=21467701) - just awful...and very sad....

The beer run is something I look forward to each week. We get a FREE beer at the end and a half pint halfway into the run. This flu has been nasty. I work at a church and the senior pastor, one of the associate pastors, and the business administrator have been VERY sick. I don't know if it was all the extra contact with people during all the holiday services or what, but it's been rough around here. I had a flu shot as a part of my physical this year, and so far have been ok. My office is also in a completely different area of the building. I'm hand washing like crazy! I've noticed that since I started running/exercising regularly again that I don't get sick as often and when I do I don't get as sick, so hopefully that will help too. There were news reports here of two children who died from complications from flu. I feel so horrible for their families. That's so sad about the young mother, too.

LRB

Lily, you would not like Daniels then.  Running 1000's for intervals is a staple of his.  And you certainly would not run 1500's because of your aversion to .62.

StepbyStep-SH

6 miles before class, and keeping it at recovery pace was NOT a problem. Between stairs Monday, getting back to strength training Tuesday and speedwork Wednesday, my legs were shot from the beginning. Not sore, just no energy. Now I am also about to fall asleep, but if I have coffee now I won't sleep tonight. Think I'll make green tea - a bit of caffeine, but not as much as coffee. I think.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Lily, you would not like Daniels then.  Running 1000's for intervals is a staple of his.  And you certainly would not run 1500's because of your aversion to .62.

For marathon training (which is the only thing I know about...), Pfitz goes from weekly 400m intervals all the way to whole 1600m intervals @ 5k pace. That's in addition to 2 runs with strides, one MLR of up to 15 miles, some 22 milers and one 24 miler. That's pretty much what my coming weeks will look like. You are right, I probably would not like Daniels. And I hate Pfitz. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty yes it was the hip. No issues at all..  I'm keeping my pace very slow. Maybe next week I can start to pick some strides up in there.

Marjorie

Yugo8

Hello, everyone.

"Recovery" 5 miles I messed up by making into moderate 5, but, okay, it happens.

The influenza stuff is pretty scary.  Relatively healthy people dying so quickly.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

For marathon training (which is the only thing I know about...), Pfitz goes from weekly 400m intervals all the way to whole 1600m intervals @ 5k pace. That's in addition to 2 runs with strides, one MLR of up to 15 miles, some 22 milers and one 24 miler. That's pretty much what my coming weeks will look like. You are right, I probably would not like Daniels. And I hate Pfitz. 

For someone who hates Pfitz you use him a lot.  Slut. 

Damaris

happylily

I think I was just called a slut... Where's the administrator of this place?

LRB

The influenza stuff is pretty scary.  Relatively healthy people dying so quickly.  

I do not watch the news but hope it is not spreading.

Lily, you are what you eat.  We were talking cookies earlier so you should be okay. 

happylily

LRB, I just finished my 7 miles, after eating a huge plate of the Indian leftovers from last night. If I am what I eat, right now, I'm a big sweaty, curry smelling, mess. Sorry to turn you off like that. 

Shari, do you get a sore back from doing other workouts? I am always afraid of that. I really don't know how you can go from running to gym class. You have way more energy than I do!

Scotty, I have fat where women usually DO NOT want fat. Well, women of my generation anyway... Apparently, nowadays, it's in to have fat there.  Anyway, remind me to give you a big hug on Feb, 10th for all your kindness. :-)

Yugo, which part of the US are you from? I'm sorry if you mentioned it before, I must have missed it.